XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Cool, thanks. Now we only need a Chewie celebration fig, and we'll have the whole collection. As for the Tie, I agree that the cocpit looks a little off center. It might be that camera, because I kind of doubt that Lego would show us a prelim intentionally. BTW, isn't it kind of early for any pictures? I remember getting our non-prelim pics much later. It's only a matter of time until we get more pictures...

Cool, thanks. Now we only need a Chewie celebration fig, and we'll have the whole collection. As for the Tie, I agree that the cocpit looks a little off center. It might be that camera, because I kind of doubt that Lego would show us a prelim intentionally. BTW, isn't it kind of early for any pictures? I remember getting our non-prelim pics much later. It's only a matter of time until we get more pictures...

What about Leia? :wink:

Edited by Parrothead Rasmus

I don't think Leia got a medal... Corect me if I'm wrong, though.

But Leia has a Celebration gown. Chewie didn't get a medal either, mid you.

I just had an incredible feeling of deja vu!

I don't think he means a Leia with a medal. Obviously that didn't happen, but rather a Leia in ceremonial dress.

She's the only logical choice left for medal ceremony minifigs, although General Dodonna would be more than welcome.

And in 2017, we'll most likely get a celebration R2-D2! :sarcasm:

Can we please not have this discussion again? Chewie, Leia, Dodonna, it's gonna be a decade by the time TLG releases that many books.

And either way, discussing that book would be for the 2011 topic, not the 2012 one.

And in 2017, we'll most likely get a celebration R2-D2! :sarcasm:

A Busted, shot by Vader in the trench R2 would be a rad figure. Bring on 2017!

Hate to disapoint but to my knowledge there's only one Endor Battle Pack coming containing: 2 Endor Rebel Troops, 1 Storm Trooper, 1 Scout trooper a speeder bike and a small tree with a flick fire missile.

The other Battle pack contains: 1 ARC Trooper, 1 ARF Trooper, 2 Commando Droids and a republic Artillery canon.

Hate to disapoint but to my knowledge there's only one Endor Battle Pack coming containing: 2 Endor Rebel Troops, 1 Storm Trooper, 1 Scout trooper a speeder bike and a small tree with a flick fire missile.

The other Battle pack contains: 1 ARC Trooper, 1 ARF Trooper, 2 Commando Droids and a republic Artillery canon.

How do you know? And what is your source?

One battle pack is Clone Wars, but the other is OT....oop's.....which is going to seller better eh....with kids, parents and grandparents ? :wink:

I guess buy a few of either and you'll have an even battle field ? :wink:

'Mirandir', are you able to spill anything else....other sets perhaps ? :wink:

The artillery set seems plausible as a £30 or so set, but not as a BP, unless the cannon is tiny.

The Endor set sounds like the latest Endor set so not buying it sorry.

1. Since when were the two battle packs based on different saga's. They always are the same.

2. Since when did battle packs contains two opposite factions? It's always the same faction in a battle pack. One Republic, one Separatist etc.

3. The only Republic Artillery Canon is a massive vehicle, which would be around the 40$+ range...

I am officialy 'sceptical' :sceptic:

Edited by commanderneyo

I see that a lot of you guys complain about the cockpit and maybe the complains are justified - I leave this in the middle - but please keep in mind that we designers have to build by a certain system because there´s a big difference between FAN-build and LEGO-build. We have much more rules to follow then you guys and sometimes that´s forgotten. On top of this, we also have an age-mark what means that not all solutions are possible.

There for a good competition idea would be that you guys build by weight. Take a random set, weigh the weight of only the bricks and build that same set according to your vision. I might sound a little cynical but good luck! I say this cynical because it´s sometimes forgotten that we - the LEGO designers - work every day hard to get the best possible solution within the LEGO rules. If you would know how many models are sometimes made ​​for 1 set you all would be quite amazed...and of course also the ones that don´t make it into a set.

With the following I absolutely don't want to offend anyone, because we and LEGO are blessed that you AFOL´s are out there - Respect with a big R, but we read sometimes comments that we think "has that person still all of his screws on a row". To put it simply; some only want to pay $5 for a set but it must contain 20 new mini figures with 1001 different accessories, 600 stones and preferably in rare or new colors. Once again I don´t want to offend anyone but please think for a minute.

I think - and also on behalve of my colleague - that I can say that we´re happy to read that you love Queen Padmé Naberrie Amidala... a BIG thanks guys. I can´t say what other mini´s we both have made but I think and hope that you`ll be happy surprized when you see some of them...I´m sure actually. Of course some will have comments and that´s OK but the majority will love them and that´s for us the most important.

One think I can say,...there will be a set in 2012 with something special in it...and I recommend it to everybody to buy it because it will be something that will come out and will go back in the dark shadows of the Empire for a very very very long time.

Thank you all guys for making LEGO what it is today...cu.

Thanks for getting in touch. I agree that certain AFOLS see Lego as something that they're not.

If you would know how many models are sometimes made ​​for 1 setyou all would be quite amazed...and of course also the ones that don´t make it into a set.

I don't know about everyone else but I'd LOOVE to see more of this sort of thing. The behind the scenes stuff is facinating and the section in the DK books were too short.

One think I can say,...there will be a set in 2012 with something special in it...and I recommend it to everybody to buy it because it will be something that will come out and will go back in the dark shadows of the Empire for a very very very long time.

You big tease!

I wonder what it could be ...it sounds like something from the dark side of the force.

Thanks for getting in touch. I agree that certain AFOLS see Lego as something that they're not.

I don't know about everyone else but I'd LOOVE to see more of this sort of thing. The behind the scenes stuff is facinating and the section in the DK books were too short.

You big tease!

Thanks for understanding and I hope that more members react to this part of the comment in the hope that "some" will see that it´s not that easy as eating pancakes. It would be a help I think... :pir-laugh:

As a LEGO employee you are free to propose your own project-ideas and that's something I have been walking around with for quite some time. I had something in my mind as a LEGO CONCEPT TOUR. Or a book that covers a particular year (released year after year). What do you AFOL´s think about that? Love to hear some reactions.

It´s not a tease...it´s a warning... :pir-laugh:

Seriously, don´t miss it because you´ll regret it for the rest of your life.

Regards,

Hehe, now you've started it. Everyone is going to be speculating about this for months now. :laugh:

Know what you mean about some comments though, reality seems to go out of the window when you see some peoples wish lists and suggestions, pretty sure TLG wouldn't last long selling massive 20-figure playsets for $5! A competition of building an AFOL alternative to a set with a fixed weight limit based on the original is an interesting idea, although possibly a little bit over-complicated to judge. I know that just playing around in Lego Digital Designer (which forces in-System rules) has given me a much greater appreciation for some of the limits set designers have to go through.

Anyway, back to dreaming of the Lego Rancor that's coming in 2012... [Well that's my speculation anyway!]

I don't know why nobody believes this. Obvbiously nothing is confirmed, but it is possible. It's not like TLG never changes their patterns. Maybe this is simply a new type of battle pack. That way kids don't have to buy two sets, and they can already have fun with only one set. I have to say I prefer the other way, because most of the time I prefer one faction over the other. But I still think this is very possible.

Thanks for understanding and I hope that more members react to this part of the comment in the hope that "some" will see that it´s not that easy as eating pancakes. It would be a help I think... :pir-laugh:

As a LEGO employee you are free to propose your own project-ideas and that's something I have been walking around with for quite some time. I had something in my mind as a LEGO CONCEPT TOUR. Or a book that covers a particular year (released year after year). What do you AFOL´s think about that? Love to hear some reactions.

Regards,

I would love to see a book like that. I've always been curious about the design process on sets and I've looked everywhere for little bits of info.

And stop messing with us! :tongue:

The speculation begins! :moar:

Yeah, I could see this happening. I wasn't expecting anymore than one Ewok as it is, I bet it's an expensive figure to make.

Hilarious that they're giving trees flick-fire missiles now. Do kids really love them that much?

So where did you get this information? Did you see pictures?

So about the battle packs, the ARC trooper should have the proper helmet with fin, printed visor, and holes for helmet attachments. If they just use a phase 2 helmet, well that would just be... just... :facepalm:

But what really stumps me is the ARF trooper. They could do a Rancor battalion one, Geonosis Camo, Jungle Camo, there is many different choices. "Mirander", if you have seen pictures, is it possible to confirm what type of ARF trooper it is, and which/what color ARC trooper it is? Also, leg printing would be nice.

As for the OT battle pack, not much to speculate about there. Seems pretty clear what we are getting.

As for the OT battle pack, not much to speculate about there. Seems pretty clear what we are getting.

We might get Ewoks, but it's likely we don't get any. We might not get Stormtroopers either, TLG is stingy with them.

We might get Ewoks, but it's likely we don't get any. We might not get Stormtroopers either, TLG is stingy with them.

Well Mirander says we get a stormy, a scout, and 2 commandos, and that sounds about right. It would be stupid getting an ewok because then everyone would have an army of the same ewok. Also, I think this time around, TLG will give us a stormy. It's really been a while since the last one.