XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

So, does anyone know what the Brickfiesta reveal was? Was it SW or Superheroes or somethin else...?

Nothing has been confirmed. We'll have to wait until July 6th...

Thanks for the information! This is what I expected, it will hit U.S. Beginning of September, and will take the spot of the Imperial Shuttle which will be discontinued to make room for the B-Wing! It makes perfect sense! Also the price range will be between $200-$300 (Like the Imperial Shuttle was.)

Indeed; it makes a lot of sense.

I would really be surprised if it was minifig-scale. Yes, the B-wing is a larger starfighter, but it is a starfighter nonetheless. The System sets were already roughly minifig scale, if I remember correctly off the top of my head. There's no real opportunity within the design of the B-wing for them to give it some extraordinary feature and call it 'UCS' like the chroming on the UCS N-1. (and I doubt they'd do something like that again, based on what I've heard from the negative opinions of various FOLs concerning that set)

The b-wing will most likely be on display at the comic con in a few weeks.

Good point. They may save the B Wing reveal for Comic con as it is the more Star Wars'y audience.

Imagine the horror at Brickfiesta when everyone rushes over to see the B Wing and finds the new "Heartlake City OB GYN office" instead.

The b-wing will most likely be on display at the comic con in a few weeks.

Good thought! The guest designer at Brick Fiesta is Jamie Berard, and as he is not usually associated with Star Wars builds, the unveiling could easily be of some other set. Maybe the next Cuusoo set (Western modular?), the next winter village (though it's a little too early) or something new and awesomely fantastic....

All I know is that I will be there to enjoy the unveiling.

Imagine the horror at Brickfiesta when everyone rushes over to see the B Wing and finds the new "Heartlake City OB GYN office" instead.

:laugh: Made my night!

Hopefully, the UCS B-Wing will have numbere bags unlike the Imperial Shuttle. :wacko:

I hope not!

R2 had numbered bags so i had to empty everything into one container.

I hope not!

Yes...numbered bags are a real problem. I much prefer the build to be needlessly frustrating...

Anyone found out yet who wanted a UCS B wing? Was it done for ironic purposes?

I suggest a UCS Q Wing, yeah - its seen for one millionth of one second during the closing credits...

And unnumbered bags would change that? :wink:

Anyone found out yet who wanted a UCS B wing?

I think a lot of OT fans interested in UCS sets wil like it - thanks to the other LEGO renditions, it is known nearly as well as the more iconic vehicles like the X or Y-Wing (to LEGO fans, at least), which makes it the perfect addition to any serious OT fan's UCS collection.

Besides, TLG only has to include some new minifigs to make sure it sells well; after managing to include some in both the Executor and R2, a B-Wing shouldn't be a problem.

B-wing will be UCS, so I reckon no minifigs will be in it...

I wouldn't go by that logic, since the recent non-minifig-scale UCS SSD has minifigs. I imagine it to be most likely that it will, unless you know something I don't :wink:

Edited by Artanis I

I wouldn't go by that logic, since the recent non-minifig-scale UCS SSD has minifigs. I imagine it to be most likely that it will, unless you know something I don't :wink:

The SSD only had figs because there was no other features, the B-wing has folding wings and rotating cockpit so has no need for figs what i want to know is how they will mount it on a stand.

The SSD only had figs because there was no other features, the B-wing has folding wings and rotating cockpit so has no need for figs

No need? Need seems out of the question these days. Even the UCS R2 has a minifigure, and that has absolutely 'no need.' I find it fairly likely that the B-Wing would include a couple of minifigures 'just because.'

If they didn't put a minifig with it, I wouldn't be displeased providing all those other features worked well enough. However if they were to include a minifig I would hazard a guess of at least 1 minifig being the B-wing pilot

I wouldn´t count on minifigures in the B-Wing. Huge cruisers and minifig-scaled ships got figures while the models of smaller fighters and speeders were left out except for the occaisonal Astromech in the X- and Y-Wing. The R2 in the statue set is a nice touch so you can compare the regular sized and king sized version of the same character. I always wondered why they didn´t do the same whith Grievous and Yoda.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but Amazon now lists a book called 'LEGO Star Wars: Anakin to the Rescue' that's slated for a September release. The cover art points quite strongly to new Episode II sets. :wink:

I really hope that we will be getting some Episode II sets next year - this has been a real void of late.

Speaking of which, it should be almost time for our "LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors" thread, correct? Probably a bit into July?

Edited by ghostmind