XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

I wasn't really even considering the Palace at first, but now seeing the bottom it does look like there will be a pit underneath! And those two together would just make an awesome set up, so now I am forced to really consider getting this set :grin:

If they do make a Rancor set, they better make the Rancor able to fit a Gamorrean in it's mouth. That's all I have to say on that matter.

The underside has four 2 x 2 holes, which have been very purposely designed into the bottom and serve no purpose for the Palace itself. However, their placement, at each corner of the Palace underside, strongly suggest these have been prepared to lock on to some sort of construction... Some sort of construction which can only be a Rancor Pit!!!

I just finished building 9516 and was completely oblivious to even looking at the bottom of it but those holes certainly suggest a Rancor Pit! :cry_happy: I'm sure this will definitely change some people's opinions on getting this set.

The underside has four 2 x 2 holes, which have been very purposely designed into the bottom and serve no purpose for the Palace itself. However, their placement, at each corner of the Palace underside, strongly suggest these have been prepared to lock on to some sort of construction... Some sort of construction which can only be a Rancor Pit!!!

That makes a lot of sense! Lego has been doing modular expansions of several sets lately, just look at Hogwarts Castle and Hogwarts, not to mention Battle of Helms Deep and the Uruk-Hai Army set. A rancor pit has been on so many wish lists these past 13 years that I'm sure it would be a welcome addition.

One question though, would it be easy to modify the trap door so that the minifigures can fall straight into the pit?

That makes a lot of sense! Lego has been doing modular expansions of several sets lately, just look at Hogwarts Castle and Hogwarts, not to mention Battle of Helms Deep and the Uruk-Hai Army set. A rancor pit has been on so many wish lists these past 13 years that I'm sure it would be a welcome addition.

One question though, would it be easy to modify the trap door so that the minifigures can fall straight into the pit?

I don't have the set but from all the pictures I have seen when you pull the trap door open the hole goes right through the base of the model. So yes this would work with some kind of Rancor pit! :sweet:

You only have to watch 'The Padawan Menace' to know there will be a Rancor and what it will look like. Look at Jabba he's a exactly the same.

You only have to watch 'The Padawan Menace' to know there will be a Rancor and what it will look like. Look at Jabba he's a exactly the same.

I wouldn't say the Jabba is exactly the same, but there are similarities.

As for the Rancor, it's no different than the many as-yet-unreleased minifigures and creatures seen in the Lego SW video games. If it's ever produced, it might look the same and it might not. 'The Padawan Menace' came out nearly a year ago, hardly recent enough to say for certain that it is what the Rancor would look like.

7352556164_ea8282fe0f.jpg

WOW, great find Alldarker, you have presented alot of strong evidence to suggest that next year we'll see a Rancor Pit to go under Jabba's Palace. I personally predict that instead of just the Rancor Pit for about 25$ we'll end up seeing a Rancor Pit/Droid Dungeon deal sadly for arouond 50$. If you were to have it like this, you could have the Rancor Pit as your center structure with play features like a closing and opening door and then on the side, you could have a small droid dungeon with play features like the torture of the GNK Droid conducted by EV-9D9. For thhe Minifigs, lego could eaisly only have 4 minifigs included in this set, You would have a Luke, Rancor Keeper, EV-9D9 and a GNK Droid simple, yet key to the sences from the episode. In the end, lego would be pretty smart if they end up coming out with a Rancor Pit/Droid Dungeon because would you rather put all of Jabba's Palace toghter in one set for the same price as Jabba's Palace now or split it up and sell Jabba's Plalce for 120$ and a Rancor Pit/Droid Dungeon for 50$ and in the end make about 170$ when people buy those two sets.

The Rancor pit will be a lot more than $50 I feel like. It will probably be closer to $100 the way pricing is today, but who knows at this point. Everything is just speculation.

The Rancor pit will be a lot more than $50 I feel like. It will probably be closer to $100 the way pricing is today, but who knows at this point. Everything is just speculation.

$100 seems a bit much to me. I hope it'll be something like the Wampa Cave :wub:

That has really made me reconsider the Palace set! I was planning on getting it anyway, but I might need to sooner. I think LEGO could have next years two biggest sets be a Rancor set to attach to the Palace, and then maybe a new revamp of the Sail Barge. It would be unfortunate to have ROTJ take up the biggests sets for next summer, because it would mean we might not get some other awesome bigger sets. They could do the Rancor set as an exclusive to come out this fall. Who knows. Just the thought of a possible Rancor set is exciting!

And, even if they don't release a Rancor Pit set, wouldn't this discovery make it easier to build one on it yourself?

To mod in, yes, but I think most of us don't care about the addition of a pit. We just want the official rancor. :laugh:

Fingers still crossed the Rancor is a brick-build but if its sculpted I won't raise hell. Just want that Rancor!

I'm curious if this speculated pit would fit under the throne room only, otherwise the tower would have to be set all by its lonesome.

To be honest I am not the excited by the possibility of a rancor. To make the set a reasonable size but so a rancour can fit in the rancor will be a bit small. I think you would be better off building a rancor for yourself.

{pic}

I'm not really into Star Wars, but that's actually a really cool feature on TLC's part! I'm actually eager to see a 2013 set list for Star Wars just to see if there will be a Rancor pit. And also, do you think the Rancor will be brick built or a Hulk-sized figure?

I'm not really into Star Wars, but that's actually a really cool feature on TLC's part! I'm actually eager to see a 2013 set list for Star Wars just to see if there will be a Rancor pit. And also, do you think the Rancor will be brick built or a Hulk-sized figure?

It will be larger than Hulk! :laugh:

Thanks everyone for the positive reception of my theorie about the Rancor Pit!

Although I'm pretty optimistic about a Rancor Pit, I am left wondering what the designers will do about the tower with the entrance. If the palace is raised up by the Rancor Pit, it will need a pretty tall entrance ramp to get to the entrance. On the other hand, the tower is modular, so perhaps they will make it connect to the lower 'Rancor Pit' part. Oh well, I guess only time will tell...

Has Lego ever made play sets that are designed to interconnect and make one big set? I know the Orc sets can be used to expand Helms Deeps wall, but I mean real fully independent sets that are designed to lock together to make a bigger scene?

Has Lego ever made play sets that are designed to interconnect and make one big set? I know the Orc sets can be used to expand Helms Deeps wall, but I mean real fully independent sets that are designed to lock together to make a bigger scene?

Well the modulars interconnect...but they're complete and amazing standalone sets too. I'm curious for a better answer to your question as well!

Edited by purpleparadox

Well, there were two mini sets to add on to the old Jabba's Palace.

-Sci

There's also the 4842 Hogwarts Castle that was designed to connect with 4867 Hogwarts.

Which sets? And by old Jabba's palace do you mean 4480?

4475 Jabba's Message, 4476 Jabba's Prize and 4480 Jabba's Palace.