XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Maybe they should have worked harder, the QC for Lego Star Wars must have been on holiday when this was approved..... :thumbdown:

That's exactly what I'm talking about. What aspect of this set do you think is low quality? The build, which uses hinges to achieve a unique room shape? The minifigs, which from the review seem to be the exact same quality as any others? I can almost guarantee that this set had the exact same level of quality control as other sets, but you're suggesting the people responsible did nothing. Perhaps, god forbid, their idea of quality is different than yours. I respect you as a MOCist, but it seems you can't afford the same respect for the hard-working staff at TLG, without whom we wouldn't get any LEGO products at all. It's okay to say you don't like a set, but implying that the designers are lazy or incompetent is disgraceful.

With a reception like this toward location-based Star Wars sets, it's becoming less surprising that we're seeing fewer and fewer of them...

My only real issue with the Palpatine set is the price. Like so many recent Lego SW sets it just feels about $20 USD too high for what it is. Just a bit steep for the dedicated Jedi collectors it seems to be aiming for. ( and make no bones about it, this set is targeted squarely at the AFOL collectors. Kids aren't real big on play sets where all of the heroic figs get carved up like a radioactive tuna at a sushi joint. At least not in most of that 6 to 12 range... Well not the ones that you would sleep soundly under the same roof with, if you know what I mean).

I will probably get this set eventually to further expand my army of named Jedi, but it's not top of the list, and will fall well below the Sith Fury, the skiff, the per vizla and probably even the Bongo.

I like the set - a lot. I won't end up getting it due to budget limitations, and other sets more desirable but I think this set is great. It's a location based set as we've all been pining after for some time now, has an excellent selection of figs, nice design, has a small ship and depicts an action-packed scene. What more do people want from the set? I'd be intrigued to see those who have criticised the set come up with a better solution within a similar piece range and of TLG's quality :sceptic:

Edited by legofett990

I think they did a good job on 9526. They could've made the walls more building like, I suppose. They could've made it more like a room. With a removable roof and three walls? But, maybe they had a price point, or size/piece count to work with?

But, maybe they had a price point, or size/piece count to work with?

Bingo !

You hit it on the head, price point or how we can do with very little and still give the impression of that movie scene ! :wink:

Remember folks this set is intended for people my son's age....around 12 give or take a few years. :wink:

All kids care about is recreating the scene from the film and disposing of a few Jedi.....with the beginning of Vader ! :devil:

Well that's what it is - a sword.

Exactly. Made of light :tongue:

More seriously, I don't think that gold hilt fits very well, but I don't know what else they would've used...

More seriously, I don't think that gold hilt fits very well, but I don't know what else they would've used...

I was thinking that too. It made me wonder, with all the advanced printing TLG can do these days, could they print onto a lightsaber hilt? If they wanted to effectively represent Sidious's lightsaber, a black hilt with gold printing on the rings (the part of the piece right above where the hand goes, below the blade emmitter). Then maybe the top ring of the blade emitter could be gold as well. They could do the same for Luke's green saber hilt, Obi-Wan's hilt post-AOTC, and so forth.

There might be some nice MOCCing parts with this set but the structure they've created looks pretty ordinary. Really it's all about the Jedi, and if the idea of 3 useless Jedi who get cut to shreds the moment they face a genuine threat appeals to you, then by all means go for it...otherwise I wouldn't bother. Palpy looks nice and I'm glad they included his lightning bolts, but otherwise I can't see much going for this set.

Plasma, actually. Light beams pass through eachother, but plasma beams would stop eachother due to the magnetic charges. Blaster bolts are plasma, as well, as Lightsabres can block them. More proof that Lightsabres are plasma is that they can absorb Force lightning; electricity can pass through light, but Lightsabres stop lightning.

I was thinking that too. It made me wonder, with all the advanced printing TLG can do these days, could they print onto a lightsaber hilt? If they wanted to effectively represent Sidious's lightsaber, a black hilt with gold printing on the rings (the part of the piece right above where the hand goes, below the blade emmitter). Then maybe the top ring of the blade emitter could be gold as well. They could do the same for Luke's green saber hilt, Obi-Wan's hilt post-AOTC, and so forth.

Let it that would bump up set price for something hardly any people will care about

Nice new HR images of Palpatine's Arrest

All pics link to HR version +2400.pxl!

9526 Palpatine's Arrest

b_9526_box_side_800.jpg

c_9526_detail_1_800.jpg

d_9526_detail_2_800.jpg

e_9526_detail_3_800.jpg

f_9526_detail_4_800.jpg

g_9526_detail_5_800.jpg

h_9526_detail_6_800.jpg

i_9526_detail_7_800.jpg

j_9526_detail_8_800.jpg

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Took you long enough! :hmpf::tongue:

I'm very grateful for these pictures GRogall, thank you!

The more I see this set the more I like it!

It's a shame LEGO didn't extend the playset a bit more :sceptic:

It looks quite good, the mini statues are quite nice and the chairs and the lights look quite nice. Not the best set but it is good so I will get if I have the money. Note for those saying the price per piece ratio is not that good quite a few of the pieces are quite big.

Looks slightly better from these angles, but still rather incomplete.

And of course not to forget......

HR images of Pre Vizsla's Mandalorian Fighter

9525 Pre Vizsla's Mandalorian Fighter

Links to bla.bla.bla

b_9525_box_side_800.jpg

c_9525_detail_1_800.jpg

d_9525_detail_2_800.jpg

e_9525_detail_3_800.jpg

f_9525_detail_4_800.jpg

g_9525_detail_5_800.jpg

h_9525_detail_6_800.jpg

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Once again thank you!

Do we know if Vizsla's face is different from the Mandalorians?

Wow, this ship is really cool. Love how TLG is using more and more nice SNOT building in their later models.

About the Palps arrest - everyone was so excited about the non CW Mace face, but I think it's rather similar if not the same as Seso's from Prince of Persia - not sure about the lines around the mouth though ... still I think for the figs it's a great set. It looks a bit incomplete, but the additional pictures with play features make the set a bit more understandable. Hardly waiting for some sales :D

Once again thank you!

Sadly no!

Once again thank you!

I would also like to know what his face looks like! I don't really like the underside of plates exposed like that (but what can you do?). Nice looking spaceship otherwise.

Thanks for those amazing pictures, GRogall!

LOL, I think I see flick-fire missiles on the speeder. :laugh:

I would also like to know what his face looks like! I don't really like the underside of plates exposed like that (but what can you do?). Nice looking spaceship otherwise.

I'd say Vizsla's face on the mini-figure is the same as the generic Mandalorian Warriors. Seen as the Mandalorians Warriors mini-figure faces were originally based off Vizsla's face from the show, I don't think the face will be any different on the Vizsla mini-figure.