XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Agh, I LOVE Jabba's palace.. but wow the price, :cry_sad:

Too bad Satele Shan has Wonder woman's face :sceptic:

Wonder Woman or Elsa Schneider? Both official pics have two different faces. :sceptic:

b_9497_box_side.jpg

c_9497_detail_1.jpg

The best value and definite dark horse among the summer 2012 sets is the Desert Skiff. With new figures of Lando, Luke, Boba Fett and Weequay, alongside a pretty decent vehicle, I'm certain that people will still talk about this set in five years.

Playabiity is a hard one, as all of them have a certain amount of playability in the form of flick-fire missiles and other gimmicks, but I'll venture to say that the Tie fighter is awesome for swoshing, and Jabba's Palace will be great for minifigre play.

For collecting, the one I think will be most significant is Jabba's palace. It's been 8 years since the last one, and this version is a much better construction, with some minifigures that we may never see again (Boussh especially).

As for display, I'd say most of them are great, the X-wing, Tie Fighter and Y-wing are all the best minifigure renditions of said vehicles, so they're certainly on the list. I also have a sweet spot for the Sith Interceptor, I know it's not well-known, but it just looks great in my eyes and I'd think it will display really well with the minifigures placed right outside the ship.

Thanks fyrmedhatt. Sorry to trouble you. But I am a new Star Wars collector, and I don't know how to start! :sceptic:

I ave waited 6 months for these sets how much longer June Early or late, July Early or late or august early or late?

I desperately need them for my ep 6 moc

Last year Toys R Us had everything in stores around the middle of July (in the States).

I'm under the assumption that with a new Jabba mold, that it will appear in another set...ideally the sail barge. Even with two exclusive molds, aren't the two figures in the Fury Class limited to that set? I don't follow TOR, so I'm not sure if either one can be re-used.

Given the probable size and cost of the Jabba mold I am sure we will see it again. Figure the Sail Barge, plus as some of the other Hutts that we have seen in Clone Wars (a Ziro and Sly Snoodles Swamp boat set anyone?) I assume it will be recolored a few times to redeem costs.

The Sith Troopers are strange. The only thing specifically unique on them is the helmets. All the rest is just printing. They will be reused if Lego makes more SWTOR sets as they are just the generic troops ala Stormtroopers.

I assume that it is much cheaper and easier for Lego to make new or short run tooling for the softer more rubbery parts such as alien heads, dinosaurs and Jabba than it is to make the more precise and high temperature, high preassure molds they need for the ABS bricks.

Edited by Faefrost

I'm under the assumption that with a new Jabba mold, that it will appear in another set...ideally the sail barge.

Not necessarily...the new mold can be used for other huts (like Ziro).

The Sith Troopers are strange. The only thing specifically unique on them is the helmets. All the rest is just printing.

That is the same for all the other clones or troopers that Lego has released. They have different helmets and the rest is just printing. :classic:

Just asking, which Lego 2012 Star Wars sets do you think is the most worth it in terms of

1)Value of minifigures

2)Features(Play-ability)

3)Collecting

4)Displaying

and why? :sweet:

The best overall value set, and the one that will command an absurd price in years to come will be the Skiff. A small low priced set with some incredible and distinct mini figs. This is the must get set of the series.

Collectable. As much as I hate to say it the key collectable set will be the over priced Jabba's Palace. Too many unique minifigs etc. The big set of the classic scene. The number two in this regard may end up as the Gungan Sub. It is overpriced enough at release that it may be rarer in years to come. Plus that distinctive Padme minifig.

For Display? That's a huge matter of taste. I am actually leaning towards the Sith Fury and the Pre Vizla Mando fighter as the better display pieces. Just because they are so distinctive and different, yet at the same time being so clearly Star Wars related. Jabba's Palace is cool, but takes up a lot of space for what is essentially a dull building. The Malevolance is just bleah visually. I'll also give high display marks to the Republic Striker and the Bongo, just not as high as the Pre Vizla or the Fury.

That is the same for all the other clones or troopers that Lego has released. They have different helmets and the rest is just printing. :classic:

True, but they have so far been able to mostly reuse those helmets across multiple sets. Even some of the odder ones such as the Clone Pilot helmets were reused as Imperial pilots. I'm just not sure how much continued mileage they can get out of the TOR Sith Trooper helmet (or the Leia/Boush one for that matter)? As a SWTOR fan I hope they release a Battle Pack of the little guys. But I am not optimistic.

Or better yet, if this is a sign that they have figured out a cheaper way to make a wider variety of more specialized helmets... WOOHOO! Bring it on!

About Satele Shan's head:

Wonder Woman's looks more like Shan, but Shan has blue eyes - like Elsa. I think that the box pic is right because:

1. WW's head is more accurate to Shan's

2. WW is in a 2012 set; Elsa is in a 2009 set.

3. I have seen mistakes in official pics, but not on a box.

Being an OT fan, I'm not up to speed on SWTOR so I wiki'ed it and a question....why has the Republic Trooper no helmet ? :look:

Being an OT fan, I'm not up to speed on SWTOR so I wiki'ed it and a question....why has the Republic Trooper no helmet ? :look:

In the cinematic trailer for the game in which he appeared, he did not wear a helmet. I suppose that LEGO took that source as an opportunity to not produce yet another, most likely single-use, mould. It's a shame for us, though, that they didn't.

The Malevolence. :wub: (How many times am I going to post that? LMAO.)

Looks like the Malevolence isn't going to be the only one on my shopping list.. as of a few minutes ago, I've decided that I want the Desert Skiff. It might just be for that new Boba, but it's still pretty cool.

Eh, throw in a Saesee Tiin Starfighter, too. It looks pretty cool.

..Maybe (on a leap), I'll buy Pre Vizla's whosamawhatsit, but I'm not counting on it. :sweet:

Edited by Dustin

From a marketing standpoint, to differentiate him from other troopers.

Lore-wise, he lost his helmet during the battle of Korriban and decided not to wear one during the battle of Alderaan, where he is now in charge of operations (see Alderaan bonus series).

From a marketing standpoint, to differentiate him from other troopers.

Lore-wise, he lost his helmet during the battle of Korriban and decided not to wear one during the battle of Alderaan, where he is now in charge of operations (see Alderaan bonus series).

Like I said I'm not up to speed on SWTOR stuff. Pity they don't include a helmet as an optional extra ? :wink:

About Satele Shan's head:

Last year's Republic Frigate set has a mistake on the box. Different parts are used than the actual model. The bit that folds up on top near the back, from memory.

So anything's possible!

Is that the official "final" box? Or is it a pic of the mocked up ones they have been using for the Toy Fairs? The pics of the box's from the NY Toy fair were clearly mockups as the minifigs shown on them were much cruder than the actual figs displayed. It is most clearly evident in the Sith Fury box as the Sith Troopers looked radically different and Darth Malgus was basically Darth Vader without a helmet.

The best overall value set, and the one that will command an absurd price in years to come will be the Skiff. A small low priced set with some incredible and distinct mini figs. This is the must get set of the series.

Collectable. As much as I hate to say it the key collectable set will be the over priced Jabba's Palace. Too many unique minifigs etc. The big set of the classic scene. The number two in this regard may end up as the Gungan Sub. It is overpriced enough at release that it may be rarer in years to come. Plus that distinctive Padme minifig.

For Display? That's a huge matter of taste. I am actually leaning towards the Sith Fury and the Pre Vizla Mando fighter as the better display pieces. Just because they are so distinctive and different, yet at the same time being so clearly Star Wars related. Jabba's Palace is cool, but takes up a lot of space for what is essentially a dull building. The Malevolance is just bleah visually. I'll also give high display marks to the Republic Striker and the Bongo, just not as high as the Pre Vizla or the Fury

Hmm...True, Faefrost. In my opinion, the 'play ability' and 'display' functions are linked. When a set is intended for display, its play ability is low(Eg.UCS Super star Destroyer), although there are some exceptions. Thank you Faefrost for voicing your opinion.

Omega X

May I ask the Eurobricks community is Jabba''s Palace appropriate to be called "The Flagship of the 2012 summer wave"?

And why? :sweet:

Omega X

May I ask the Eurobricks community is Jabba''s Palace appropriate to be called "The Flagship of the 2012 summer wave"?

And why? :sweet:

Omega X

It means it predicted to be the big seller, the set TLG makes all it's money on, plus there's a huge market for OT sets, especialy one fans have been waiting ages for.

Hey You know the republic trooper is you get a chaingun great for star wars.

Please use proper grammar and capitalization in the future, thanks.

No. Jace Malcom does not wear one.

He does at the begining of the SWTOR trailer "Return", but after that he goes around without it. Its a shame really, since we allready get the sith-troopers. But maybe we will get a battle-pack of the game some time in the future (wishfull thinking).

Malcom's helmet could be produced as a reprinted Phase II Clone helmet with a dark red visor.

TLG would need to make new Phase II helmets first.

Does the Republic Trooper from the Republic Striker set have a helmet?

Not in the set. The trooper had one in the beginning of the 'Return' Trailer, but lost it by the end, and didn't have one in 'Hope'.

It's almost the same as a Phase II Clone helmet, with a Commander Cody type visor.