XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

When will we get a Minifigure Series that only offers Star Wars characters?

It's not worth dreaming, the answer's never. LEGO has a building toy license for SW, not a figures license.

Really looking forward to some of these Star Wars sets this year.

I'm an avid gamers, and currently play Star Wars The Old Republic daily, with two max level characters and a host of oher lower level characters. So, I just thought I'd provide a little background info on the Extended Universe sets, for those who are interested.

Both sets 9497 and 9500 are based on the new MMO from Bioware, Star Wars The Old Republic, not Knights of the Old Republic (or KoToR) as some have mentioned in this thread. The events of SWTOR take place some 300 years after the events of the first KOTOR games.

The characters in the Republic set (9497) are Satele Shan, Grand Master of the Jedi Council, T7-01, a player character companion from the game, and Commander Jace Malcolm, formally of Havoc Squad (known on the box art simply as Republic Trooper). Info on these characters can be found here:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Satele_Shan

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T7-O1

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jace_Malcom

For set 9500, the main, named minifig is Darth Malgus, member of the Dark Council of the time of the game. The ship itself is the player ship provided to Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor players.

Info for Darth Malgus can be found here:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Malgus

For a further taste of these characters, I would suggest watching this youtube video of all three cinematic trailers for Star Wars The Old Republic, played in timeline order. Each trailer features Satele Shan, Jace Malcolm and Darth Malgus heavily. Plus, they have the added bonus of been better than the prequel trilogy put together! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1KM3E0emjg&feature=related

Anyway, I hope the above was useful to those who like the look of the SWTOR sets, but lack the info to commit :D

Cheers,

Kurtt

(P.S. I'm playing on the EU Frostclaw server, under the name Kurtt, for anyone who plays and would like to group up sometime :) )

When will we get a Minifigure Series that only offers Star Wars characters?

... I can dream, right?

That's basically what the battle packs are. Lego can't release individual minifigs s it conflicts with the action figure makers license. It needs to be a building set. So a few figs and a small thing like a speederbike.

Has there been any pics of the 10227 B-Wing yet? I just recently got back into collecting models and have had enough of spending a ton of money on discontinued UCS Sets and I am looking forward to the new ones that come out.

May the fourth by with you, my friends! :sweet:

How many threads are you going to say that in? At least this one is Star Wars related.

Please try to stay on topic. This thread is for discussion of Star Wars sets.

Well this is my overall view of the summer sets form the great pictures that have been shown(Thanks GRogall!)

-Desert Skiff- It looks good and has some great minifgs but, the skiff itself is a pretty bad design. In the end though, the minigigs, Sarlac Pit and low price make it a buy fo me.

-Republic Striker Class Starfighter-The Ship is really nice and has great design. The minifigs are also a great edition to the set but I think that not alot of lego star wars fans have previous knowledge of the Old Republic, it'll be a hard set to sell. I may pick it up later on but its not a set on my mosted wanted wishlist at the time.

-Saesee's Tiin's Jedi Starfighter- Although I really love the new design for the Jedi Starfighter, this set is a bit over priced and the minifigs are not that great, if this set were to go on sale though, I think I may pick it up.

-Gungan Sub- This is an incredible set, the Sub itself is a really nice sleek design with some great play features but, what really makes this set a number buy on my wishlist is the minifigs. The Queen is just wonderful, and the new obi-wan and qui-gon are pretty nice too. Despite that its a bit over priced I know this will be the first set I pick up this summer.

-Sith Fury-Class Interceptor- The design of this ship is really good and it looks pretty strong aswell. The minifigs are also a great part of this set but, sadly this set is way overpriced and will most likely be a harder set to sell due to it being an Old Republic Set. Unless I find this set at 30% off one day, it will not be in my collection.

-Malevolence- When I first saw this set I was convinced that this would be at the top of my purchase list for the summer sets but, now I have to say it will not be a purchase of mine. The ship itself is an okay design, I think lego could have done a lot better and the minigis are not that great and when lego has to put the length of a ship(not including UCS sets) you know the set will be an ify purchase.

-Jabba's Palalce- Well the first time I saw the set I thought it would not be a purchase for me this summer but, now This will be my top two purchases this summer. The Palace itself if a nice design that has alot of play features but, the minifigs are what really define this set. Jabba is just amazing with his new design and printing and the gurad, oola and leia are just great. Although its a bit overpriced like the Gungan Sub it will be one of the first things I buy this summer.

-Pre Viszla's Starfighter-from the first time saw it, I knew I would slowly fall for this set. Overall its a really nice designed starfighter that comes with a great looking Pre Viszla for a pretty cheap price. In the end It will find its way into my lego collection.

Still no pictures of palpatines Arrest? Well I think last year we din't get pics of the Echo Base into late May or Early June so I think within in a month we'll see some pics of the set.

Thanks For Reading

There will be NO Revenge of the 5th promotion,on the official website they made a mosiac of a part of jabba's palace to reveal it to everyone. The link to it said Revemge of the Fifth.

There will be NO Revenge of the 5th promotion,on the official website they made a mosiac of a part of jabba's palace to reveal it to everyone. The link to it said Revemge of the Fifth.

Thanks for the information eric729, I just went to go check just now it out and it was pretty cool, I was able to find out through the mosiac that the Advent Calander Will have 234 pieces, the Yavin 4 Planet Set will have 77 pieces, the Endor planet set will have 65 pieces and the Bespin Planet Set will have 78 pieces---Happy Revenge of the 5th everyone.

Indeed. Here is the mosaic (picture is link to the mosaic website):

6999751356_15746405f7_o.jpg

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Does anybody know when or where they will announce the winner of the Darth Maul raffle?

May the fourth by with you, my friends! :sweet:

If you're going to post this all over the place, at least spell it right. :facepalm:

Hey guys I just got done scouring for new pictures and uploaded these to my Flickr, (another angle of the 7 main summer sets)

Edited by Kitfistonator

Jabbas Palace has 717 pieces at is supposed to retail at 119.99? In comparison, the Fury Class Interceptor has 748 and is supposed to retail for 89.99.

Is it just me or did LEGO go overboard on the price for Jabba's Palace? 30 dollars more for 7 figs that can appear in other sets..on top of 31 less parts.

Jabbas Palace has 717 pieces at is supposed to retail at 119.99? In comparison, the Fury Class Interceptor has 748 and is supposed to retail for 89.99.

Is it just me or did LEGO go overboard on the price for Jabba's Palace? 30 dollars more for 7 figs that can appear in other sets..on top of 31 less parts.

I don't consider number of pieces to really reflect the price of the sets anymore, it's more like the quality of pieces. I'm going to assume that the Fury Class will have some small techic bits and little pieces. As for the rest seems to be our more 'basic'. Whereas Jabbas Palace has a number of new molds plus large pieces as well as Jabba himself will cost a bit on his own.

I was thinking about getting the Malevolence or Jabba's palace, and just when I was deciding to get Jabba's palace I saw people arguing about the price. So I decided to check the amount of pieces-

Malevolence: Around 1000 pieces

Jabba's palace: Around 700 pieces

"HOLY S-"

Oh well, I was desperate to get Grievous anyways.

Just asking, which Lego 2012 Star Wars sets do you think is the most worth it in terms of

1)Value of minifigures

2)Features(Play-ability)

3)Collecting

4)Displaying

and why? :sweet:

Just asking, which Lego 2012 Star Wars sets do you think is the most worth it in terms of

1)Value of minifigures

2)Features(Play-ability)

3)Collecting

4)Displaying

and why? :sweet:

The best value and definite dark horse among the summer 2012 sets is the Desert Skiff. With new figures of Lando, Luke, Boba Fett and Weequay, alongside a pretty decent vehicle, I'm certain that people will still talk about this set in five years.

Playabiity is a hard one, as all of them have a certain amount of playability in the form of flick-fire missiles and other gimmicks, but I'll venture to say that the Tie fighter is awesome for swoshing, and Jabba's Palace will be great for minifigre play.

For collecting, the one I think will be most significant is Jabba's palace. It's been 8 years since the last one, and this version is a much better construction, with some minifigures that we may never see again (Boussh especially).

As for display, I'd say most of them are great, the X-wing, Tie Fighter and Y-wing are all the best minifigure renditions of said vehicles, so they're certainly on the list. I also have a sweet spot for the Sith Interceptor, I know it's not well-known, but it just looks great in my eyes and I'd think it will display really well with the minifigures placed right outside the ship.

Is my eyes going bad or did that 2012 Advent set feature Santa Maul?

You're correct. I think we've known about Santa Maul since a week or so before or during the NY Toy Fair. Not completely sure.

It doesn't make sense to me, either. :laugh:

Overboard with the price? Definitely yes in my opinion. Will those 7 figures appear elsewhere? I bet you they won't.

Overboard with the price? Definitely yes in my opinion. Will those 7 figures appear elsewhere? I bet you they won't.

It's a possibility that they could come out again if Lego releases the sail barge.

It's a possibility that they could come out again if Lego releases the sail barge.

Some of them, like Jabba, Bib and the guard, but definitely not Leia in Boussh costume or Oola.

Some of them, like Jabba, Bib and the guard, but definitely not Leia in Boussh costume or Oola.

I'm under the assumption that with a new Jabba mold, that it will appear in another set...ideally the sail barge. Even with two exclusive molds, aren't the two figures in the Fury Class limited to that set? I don't follow TOR, so I'm not sure if either one can be re-used.

Agh, I LOVE Jabba's palace.. but wow the price, :cry_sad:

Too bad Satele Shan has Wonder woman's face :sceptic: