XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Thanks for the picture GRogall! I'm sure they'll tide people over until you can get HD ones!

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

I guess I might as well comment on them as well. There's not a lot to say since we've basically seen the sets before, but there are a few things:

-The art for the Malevolence looks awfully boring. I'm not sure what they could've done to make it better really, but it's an awfully ugly set and the art hasn't exactly helped it out. With only one truly new minifigure (I don't count Battle droids, honestly they're on drip of paint different), there's really nothing appealing about that set apart from the fairly good price per part ratio. I suppose it's been quite a while since Count Dooku was in a set, so that's a nice addition, but overall not too impressive.

-The completed Pre Vizsla set looks pretty good, no complaints with the ship. It is a shame, though, that they didn't update Obi-Wan to his newer CW design like they did for Anakin. That should've been done.

-The skiff is really an excellent set. Four great minifigures, a nice-enough vehicle, and some nice dark tan. What's not to like? The price isn't even too bad (which is the big thing not to like about the Gungan Sub).

My favorite set is still the Gungan Sub, since it's an excellent model and it includes minifigures that I care to have, but I doubt I'll get it. I picked up the Podracers on impulse, though, so who knows.

It's also nice to see the EU sets, proudly advertising the Old Republic game. Even if LEGO doesn't make any more Old Republic sets, it's nice to see that they're continually willing to give a little less mainstream SW material a go.

I am so looking forward to those Old Republic sets. I love the way the Sith Troopers came out. Truly awesome figs. Now if only they would release a battle set with them.

I think the best set of his release will be the Skiff. Fantastic figs. Fantastic price. Cool bricks. It's pure win.

The Gungans sub is big and ugly and overpriced. Only redeeming feature is Amidala fig. The Pre Vizla fighter is in that same strange place as the T6 jedi Shuttle. It's cool, has some great figs, but that weird rotating wing makes it hard to handle or fit on the shelf. And the "top side vs underside" look of the wing is disconcerting. I'll probably still grab it. I'm a sucker for Mandolrian subjects.

When are these supposed to hit store shelves?

Awesome! Thanks for the pictures!

I find it a little funny that LEGO finally gives us a Queen Amidala fig, but just throws her in a set she has no business being in :tongue:

I see at least 3 sets that are going to make me poorer :(

Specifically the green jedi ship (mainly for the green R-unit, the Sith Fury class fighter (everything screams awesome about that set!) and the republic fighter, I think that one is growing on me slowly... The others seem a bit 'meh' to me, the skiff would be nice if on sale though, for the minifigs.

Looks like they didnt make the reeyees figure then :(

Wait for the Sailbarge. Do you think that they would make new moulds (Jabba, Gamorean, Crumb, etc) for one set? No.

When are these supposed to hit store shelves?

Please try to only quote the portion of text that relates to your post.

When you quote really long posts it just makes for extra space that everyone else has to scroll through.

No harm no foul, but please keep it in mind for the future.

What's the set in the bottom left corner called?

The bottom left set is the Sith Fury, a player ship from the new Star Wars the Old Republic game. The set above it is the Republic Striker a fighter from the same game. (the red and white ship)

Edited by Faefrost

Looks very cool, altough I don´t care so much for SW lego, I will be getting this set:

le_swdesertskiff.jpg

So I get the Boba fett fig :sweet:

Ooh, nice. I can't make out any more details from what we've already seen though.

Maybe it's just me, but Jabba's looking a bit green here.

I keep looking at the Saesee Tin Jedi fighter and wondering what the design conversation was around TLG?

"Wow, we just made a ship based around the ugliest little minifig we have ever produced. I mean just look at this thing! He's got a Butt on the back of his head!"

"Oh don't worry. That's not the ugliest"

"really? Whats Worse?"

"This little Jedi Dwarf roadkill thing"

"oh dear gods! It's like someone ran it over a few times! You mean that's what it's supposed to look like?"

"It looks like Yoda had an industrial accident"

"Wow! What are we gonna do with 2 minifigs that are this bad? And don't say we could pawn them off on the Monster Hunters group. I already tried. They said they were too disturbing for their intended age range."

"So what should we do with em?"

"Ah, just toss em both in the same box. Stick that droid with the really ugly paint job in there with them. This way nobody will notice"

Edited by Faefrost

Faefrost hasn't their morning coffee I see! :laugh:

Thanks Grogall for the pics, much appreciated. I was hoping to control my spending a bit more this year but you may have just ruined me for the year again!

I want to concentrate on OT a bit more so the Skiff and Palace are must have's for me. They look terrific.

I don't collect the Star Wars sets, but I must say that those two Jabba sets in particular looks awesome.

I really don't understand TLG thinking when it comes to releasing sets. I mean how random is this lot? There are 3 CW sets, 1 TPM set, 2 ROTJ sets, 2 TOR sets. Then a UCS B-Wing.... lol what goes thru their mind. Why do a UCS B-wing over something like an AT-AT or something more...idk legendary? *huh*

I really don't understand TLG thinking when it comes to releasing sets. I mean how random is this lot? There are 3 CW sets, 1 TPM set, 2 ROTJ sets, 2 TOR sets. Then a UCS B-Wing.... lol what goes thru their mind. Why do a UCS B-wing over something like an AT-AT or something more...idk legendary? *huh*

This way, everybody gets something they like. I'm not into CW, but I love the mix of SWTOR sets and OT sets. The Gungan sub is not bad either.

Younger people might prefer the CW sets and not bother with Jabba's palace.

See? Everybody happy.

Also, the B-wing is legendary, even if you don't happen to like it. When I was a kid, it was one of my favorite ships. It's also difficult to make a good system B-wing (also a matter of taste, of course), so I'm glad this one is UCS.

This way, everybody gets something they like. I'm not into CW, but I love the mix of SWTOR sets and OT sets. The Gungan sub is not bad either.

Younger people might prefer the CW sets and not bother with Jabba's palace.

See? Everybody happy.

Also, the B-wing is legendary, even if you don't happen to like it. When I was a kid, it was one of my favorite ships. It's also difficult to make a good system B-wing (also a matter of taste, of course), so I'm glad this one is UCS.

I am all for making everyone happy. It just seems SO random... Like why not do 1 TPM, 1 AOTC, 1 ROTS, 2 OT, 2 CW and an EU set? I mean I guess it is all arbitrary and maybe TLG uses some algorithm to figure out what pieces they have in mass stock to make the best sets possible..i dont know.

I am a fan of the B-Wing, but I just think there are more vehicles and ships out there that are even MORE popular that could use a UCS.

I am all for making everyone happy. It just seems SO random... Like why not do 1 TPM, 1 AOTC, 1 ROTS, 2 OT, 2 CW and an EU set? I mean I guess it is all arbitrary and maybe TLG uses some algorithm to figure out what pieces they have in mass stock to make the best sets possible..i dont know.

I am a fan of the B-Wing, but I just think there are more vehicles and ships out there that are even MORE popular that could use a UCS.

A UCS B wing is a bit surreal - if u want to milk the AFOL market that 5,000 brick AT AT would be the way to go. Out of a universe of vehicles - why the B wing?!

Edited by TheBrickHitHouse

A UCS B wing is a bit surreal - if u want to milk the afoul market that 5,000 brick AT AT would be the way to go. Out of a universe of vehicles - why the B wing?!

Right. I mean it just has so little screen time and is not a prominently displayed when it does have screen time. To me the AT-AT is just a must.

It's not entirely TLG. Lucas has final say over sets and subjects and has been known to focus licensee's onto if not specific subjects then at least general categories in order to drive product and marketing synergy. So things like x number of CW sets ( the current growth point) plus Y number from EU/game/non traditional sources to pair with new things like a game, plus Z number from RotJ (I think the anniversary is looming for that one?)

would make sense.

The B wing has me at a loss? Maybe they are looking to do a lower cost UCS kit than the $399 USD price point of the last few? I' sad though. I was hoping for a UCS Sandcrawler OT ATAT.