XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Random question about the new sets: I see that they are going to release the Fury, on of The Old Republic's iconic ships. Do they intend to test the ground before a future full release of models about the game, or it's just a one-time-only set that somehow was thrown among the usual waves?

Random question about the new sets: I see that they are going to release the Fury, on of The Old Republic's iconic ships. Do they intend to test the ground before a future full release of models about the game, or it's just a one-time-only set that somehow was thrown among the usual waves?

That would be the economic thing for Lego to do yes. If you think about it, Lego has pretty much covered every scene in the 6 movies with Lego sets. With the addition of the Clone Wars TV show, it gave Lego some more time to do sets but I think that tank is running dry. With the release of the new TOR video game, I think Lego is releasing a few TOR sets with their usual OT and Clone Wars line. Its risky for Lego to do as many fans stick to the original 6 movies. Lego is probably testing the waters with a few of TOR sets.

I like Artoos box art. A few people said that he leans forward(or stands straight, can't recall which). I never saw that and now it's clear that he leans back as he's supposed to. It's going to be hard to resist that, but $180... :wacko:

That Fury is still looking zesty. :drool:

My thoughts exactly. :grin:

I like the R2D2 model. I won't be buying it, but I still like it. Clearly a lot of effort went into it... it almost feels like a particularly well-designed MOC.

Thanks for the photos GRogall! :thumbup:

R2-D2 looks great, lots of nice details, and the box art is beautiful (apart from Darth Maul). I assume that it will be released around the 4th May, so at least we should get free postage (and maybe a chrome ewok :hmpf:) as a little bonus!

Yes, but after he loses it, he doesn't wear one again.

Um yes but he never flies a 'Whatever that ARC Fighter / X-Wing clone' is in Return or Hope so it could be set anytime. Besides why not release one, only a minor reprint of a clone helmet will work, with a Red ARC visor.

Um yes but he never flies a 'Whatever that ARC Fighter / X-Wing clone' is in Return or Hope so it could be set anytime. Besides why not release one, only a minor reprint of a clone helmet will work, with a Red ARC visor.

Although I would have liked to see a helmet included (and kind of dislike his hairpiece), it makes sense they didn't give us one. He picks up the assault cannon (big gun) after taking off his helmet.

I'm really glad Lego took a risk and gave us not just one, but two great sets from TOR.

Perhaps TLG will make some generic Old Republic Troopers to go with the Sith Troopers.

davidwiltshire2.gif

ewok_orange.png

Yeah the Ewoks totally ruined RotJ by being too cute...

I love UCS R2 (I wish his dome was slightly smoother but eh.) May 2012 and £150.00? I know what I'm asking for my birthday!

Edited by simonjedi

I like the R2D2 model. I won't be buying it, but I still like it. Clearly a lot of effort went into it... it almost feels like a particularly well-designed MOC.

I agree. It's a great model, but I'm not getting it.

I really want to see some pics of the Pre Vizsla and his fighter. Oh i know it’s too late for LEGO to change/add this but they soooooo should of included a Duchess Satine it would of really made the set 50 times better and a Mandalorian Guard would of been the icing on the cake for me aleast. :wub:

Edited by MandaloretheLesser

Any new pictures of the gungan sub? I really hope regular male hair on Obi-wan was preliminary and he gets a new hairpiece(or the one on my avatar).

Any new pictures of the gungan sub? I really hope regular male hair on Obi-wan was preliminary and he gets a new hairpiece(or the one on my avatar).

Sorry but he is going to have the regular male hair because they released the final box pics and well no change to the hair on Obi-wan, but I wonder why they have made it that red orange colour like he never had red hair in the movie so why make the minifigure any different. Hope that answered your question.

Sorry but he is going to have the regular male hair because they released the final box pics and well no change to the hair on Obi-wan, but I wonder why they have made it that red orange colour like he never had red hair in the movie so why make the minifigure any different. Hope that answered your question.

I think the reason they gave Ep 1 Obi-Wan the earth orange hair is because all the other versions of Obi-Wan (other than Ben) have earth orange hair. It doesn't look right, but I think they just added it so as to make all the Obi-Wan's look like the same character.

I think the reason they gave Ep 1 Obi-Wan the earth orange hair is because all the other versions of Obi-Wan (other than Ben) have earth orange hair. It doesn't look right, but I think they just added it so as to make all the Obi-Wan's look like the same character.

Yeah i guess with all the new Obi-wan's, but with 7203 Jedi Defense 1 he had nice brown hair which i think looks better. But oh well nothing we can do about it now.

I know I've said this before but they should've given Obi-Wan the same hairpiece that Hawkeye uses. Both the hairline and color look a lot more accurate than the classic male piece in dark orange.

And I second the comment regarding Satine in the Mando Fighter. Wasted opportunity if you ask me, especially considering her pink adventure gear wouldn't even need any new molds.

Edited by wesker

And I second the comment regarding Satine in the Mando Fighter. Wasted opportunity if you ask me, especially considering her pink adventure gear wouldn't even need any new molds.

TLG is working on a Mando shuttle. She could be in that. I agree that she would be easy to make.

TLG is working on a Mando shuttle. She could be in that. I agree that she would be easy to make.

Ummm... Where did you get that information from..? :wacko:

Ummm... Where did you get that information from..? :wacko:

I believe he got that information about the Mandolorian Shuttle from the Wall of Lego Star Wars Prototypes topic.

I could see that as a possible set for next year, throw in 2 Mandolorian guards, Duchess Satine and Padme and you have a pretty good set which would run for about 50$-60$, but lets get back on topic.

Lego did a really nice job on that R2-D2, I just love all of his little weapons and tools that come out of him. Even though I believe they should have included that tool that comes out of his head and side jet boosters he still is really nice.

I also noticed the new information about Palpatiine's Arrest and well it will be a nice set and everthing with some cool new minifigs but its just going to be over priced. I have a strong feeling that it will run for at least 80$ so thats too bad for many lego star wars fans.

Still no Pictures of the UCS B-wing, come on lego how long are you going to keep us waiting?

Still no Pictures of the UCS B-wing, come on lego how long are you going to keep us waiting?

I'm expecting a Comic-Con reveal. And the prototype wall, I doubt any of those will be released, they are from the past. I'm hoping for completely redone AOTC sets for 2013. :drool: