XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

I don't know, I watched the video a few times, and all I really feel is...underwhelmed. Part of me really like this, as I have to have an R2 unit, by by the same token, I just can't get past the "functions" on it. And I really don't like the fact R2 leans forward when his third leg is deployed. The two legs that he usually stands on do not have that wide of a range of motion, and the pivot occurs in the shoulders, not the feet. On the whole, I am just not that impressed for all the build-up.

Took the words right out of mouth. I was really looking for an excuse to buy this, but now we'll just see. Maybe if there's a huge price drop.

I can't believe they spent any part of the video talking about the R2 figure that everyone already owns multiples of. It was mentioned twice, that's just silly.

I can't believe they spent any part of the video talking about the R2 figure that everyone already owns multiples of. It was mentioned twice, that's just silly.

I agree with you as well on that. What is next? Are they going to include a B Wing Pilot with the next UCS? Or, if they decide on another bust (Darth Vader perhaps) will they include his figure as well? To use the most used line in Star Wars "I have a bad feeling about this."

It is a brilliant set. I love all of the features, and the desingn is really good. If I buy it depends on the price and how much money I have left after all the other sets

I usually focus on actual "minifig-included" models (which now include most UCS models! Yay!), but I might have to break the mold with this. It makes for a pretty fun display piece if you ask me.

It is £149.99 GBP stop speculating about the price when it has been in the first post for months!

A Mini Fig, why TLG why :hmpf_bad:. Falcon, Lambada, I can understand, they are meant to be to minifig scale. Most people would have 100's of these droids by now, you should have added a Chromed headed A2 if you desperately needed to add a fig.

It is £149.99 GBP stop speculating about the price when it has been in the first post for months!

That doesn't tell us the USD price... surely it can be estimated but its still just an estimate

Edited by Anio

This looks like a fun little model with some nice features that allow you to display it how you want, while being relatively accurate. It might well be my first UCS as the others just sit out of my price range!

Also, am I the only one that enjoyed the designers chatter? Especially about each other at the end. :classic: I love seeing people enjoying their job.

Kinda figured it'd be too late for them to discover that they blew it :laugh:

I guess they meant the video to stay secret a little longer than they succeeded in.

Kinda figured it'd be too late for them to discover that they blew it :laugh:

I guess they meant the video to stay secret a little longer than they succeeded in.

nah the video was scheduled for release now, don't ask me how I know though! :wink:

I really don't know what to think of the UCS R2-D2. I was never excited for it and after watching the video, I don't dislike it either. None of the opinions I've read tip me either way. It's not on my want list but I may pick it up at the right price.

Also, am I the only one that enjoyed the designers chatter? Especially about each other at the end. :classic: I love seeing people enjoying their job.

I just love it! :wub:

Thanks for re-posting the video! The model doesn't look too bad, but I don't like the idea the antenna is not included. Would have loved to see that. Well, and the inclusion of the small R2.. I seriously don't get that. I am a very understanding person, but I have to say that this is the most boring and strange marketing / design idea I've ever encountered. It's just plain silly.

Still, nice set, but I cannot see myself spending 200€ on this.

Thanks a lot Anio for the sharing :classic:

I really don't understand why the video was made private :look:

Well, about this UCS, I'm quite deceived that it has no jetpack like in the movies, and that it do not projects video holograms :laugh:

Just joking, but I'm not really convinced about the design. It's just... strange that Lego made it like this. Will wait for the reviews to take a decision. I hope the price will not be honnest.

I'm surprised at the amount of hate directed towards it so far.

I can see the concern about gimmicks- while they tend to detract from the design of models, I don't really think that's the case here. Everything we see here is less a gimmick than a feature of R2-D2- similar to having an opening cockpit or landing gear on models. It could have easily been taken too far- a launching lightsaber or the radar dish, for example. These would have gotten in the way of the design of R2's dome. Personally I think they nailed it.

As far as a free R2 minifig...hey, free droid.

Product Description (From FBTB)

Come with us as we take an exclusive look at the never before seen 10225 R2-D2™, the latest exclusive LEGO® Star Wars™ set! We’ll talk with Mike and Kurt, the talented LEGO® designers who brought this awesome model to life in LEGO® bricks. The R2-D2 set will be available directly through LEGO® beginning in May 2012 via shop.LEGO.com and at LEGO® Stores. Visit shop.LEGO.com for more details on this amazing model!

Presenting the Ultimate Collector Series R2-D2™ — the best-loved droid in the Star Wars galaxy!

Presenting the iconic R2-D2 as you’ve never seen him before! Everyone’s favorite droid from the Star Wars galaxy is now part of the Ultimate Collector Series and features fantastic detailing, such as retractable third leg, front panels that open to reveal a universal computer interface arm and a circular saw, rotating head and 2 fold-out front spacecraft linkage control arms. With the included fact plaque and R2-D2 minifigure, this diminutive model is the perfect addition to your LEGO® Star Wars™ collection!

• Ultimate Collector Series R2-D2™!

• Features retractable third leg!

• Front panels open to reveal a universal computer interface arm and circular saw!

• Features realistic rotating head!

• R2-D2 features 2 fold-out front spacecraft linkage control arms!

• Includes fact plaque and R2-D2 minifigure!

• Measures over 12″ (31 cm) high and 7″ (18 cm) wide!

Edited by iPodwithnomusic

I'm a massive fan of this really unique model as far as the UCS series is concerned. For the rest of my opinions I figured it would be fun to make a video of my thoughts

(I hope this isn't a problem with the mods)

the 10225 is a musthave for me. i would love have r2-d2 running around my house. have no experience with lego mindstorms at all, has anyone an idea if it will be possible to "add" mindstorms to r2-d2 so i can have the set running around???

Looks pretty nice. I'm a bigger huge fan of the UCS vehicles, but my wife and I might want to build this one, just because it is a good looking model. Anyone know the piece count?

Also, how does TLG generally price in USD vs. GBP? Just curious if this will be over $150-200 USD.

Interesting model....perhaps it might become my one and only UCS - all those tool features and the middle leg drop feature too.....excellent engineering Lego. :grin:

But watching the video clip I can only think about one TV show......Big Bang Theory ! :laugh: (I don't watch it....I actually dislike it :blush: )