XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Got a surprise for you.

Designed by Kurt Kristensen (10215, 10221)

Thanks Anio. I just hope that it hasn't been 'influenced' by Mr GL like the Executor, otherwise it might include pop-out booster rockets & possibly a removable drinks serving tray!! I won't mention the possibility of Flick-fire missiles for the sake of Stoutfile's blood pressure..... :wink:

I'm surprised that it's supposed to be 2000+ pieces, but it still looks quite promising to me.

Thanks Anio. I just hope that it hasn't been 'influenced' by Mr GL like the Executor, otherwise it might include pop-out booster rockets & possibly a removable drinks serving tray!! I won't mention the possibility of Flick-fire missiles for the sake of Stoutfile's blood pressure..... :wink:

I'm surprised that it's supposed to be 2000+ pieces, but it still looks quite promising to me.

:roflmao::laugh_hard:.

For me it's a bit :shrug_oh_well:. I won't get it, I don't really do sculptures.

The minifig stormies with the lights in the feet are cool. Not specific for this thread but that would be an awesome mod or if TLG incorporated it into the Ironman fig.

Leg prints and rear torso prints are surely here to stay.

I think I heard at my last visit to the factory that printing legs and both sides of torsos isn't as expensive as it used to be.

They (TLG) have invested in new printing machines and thus it only gets "better" from now on.

Not sure about the overly detailed figs coming in 2012 though - as someone mentioned, it's getting too "action fig like" for it to be LEGO as we romantically memorize it from our childhood.

Yeah, I am starting to not like all these overly detailed figs anymore. They are also starting to look too action figure like for me. :sceptic:

You beat me to it. I had to double take when I started watching the video, did I just see the UCS R2? :wacko:

Sure did 1 second in to the video. Can't be long until we get to see the R2 video?

Looks great, little smaller than I was expecting but cant wait to see it up close.

I'm yet to get a UCS set, but I think Artoo might be my cherry popper. :blush: from that shot, it looks pretty cool. It'll make a cool display piece for a desk.

Mods, if my innuendo is a bit too off color, feel free to edit it.

Got a surprise for you.

ucsr2d2.png

Designed by Kurt Kristensen (10215, 10221)

I don't normally get UCS sets but I will be all over that R2 unit, personally would like a bigger one about 1:1 but this will do :devil:

I don't normally get UCS sets but I will be all over that R2 unit, personally would like a bigger one about 1:1 but this will do :devil:

Any estimated guesses as to what it might cost?

Any estimated guesses as to what it might cost?

£149.99 as it says in the first post

R2 looks beautiful! It's hard to get much more iconic than this little guy. Short of a Vader bust I can't see Lego getting it more right than a sculpture like this. How wonderful! UCS vehicles are one thing (a big thing) but the odd sculpture is just delightful. Love it and suspect I'll feel like a six year old building it! :thumbup:

R2 looks cool. Definite buy for only $150. Hopefully it comes out for May 4.

R2 will be 150 pound just like the new town hall so it will be around $200 and 180 euro.

I like what I can see of the new R2 so far! But I doubt I'll be getting him as he'll likely be expensive. Ah well he does look good.

Finally finished going through FBTB's Toyfair coverage, and I must say most of the larger sets a disappointing. The Skiff and the starfighter both look like good deals, but everything else is just meh. It looks like I'll be making a few Bricklink orders.

I like what I can see of the new R2 so far! But I doubt I'll be getting him as he'll likely be expensive. Ah well he does look good.

Does nobody read the first post :wacko:

The UCS R2 looks fantastic, and I think I see a smaller R2 like Dapper-D2's MOCs next to it.

However, I'm not that interested in UCS, so it's not for me. If I was a fan of UCS, it would be a must buy, though.