XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Too bad that Skiff is ~$35. That's way too expensive IMO. I'm liking that Gungan sub though :thumbup:

The presenter seem to be having an orgasm during Jabba's Palace 'Oh, Oh, Oh...Ooooohhhhh......' hahaha

He's like that for every video! :laugh:

Blast. Why do these have to be so good? In between LotR and SW, I'm going to wind up spending at least twice what I usually do... It's time to start planning.

Its really quite wonderful with all the brand new sets but correct me if i'm wrong, Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Gungan Sub doesn't have a new hair piece. :hmpf_bad: If this is true, that would be a big letdown. However Queen Amidala in that set makes up for it 100% :blush:

Jabbas Palace looks like an awful set that is totally dependent on the figures. I mean ten figs? more then half of which are completely new, I think the build is just a slap in the face to the actual palace, the tower looks like it's made up of the front door, a storage room, then some place to stand a figure? From there it's just a stage for Jabba and a roof over his head. The figures will be the only reason this set is purchased.

Who the hell is this idiot? I mean really! Who could say that the new Jabba's Palace looks awful? It looks like a great and solid build and is totally not just there for the figures. The fact that the figs are completely new is nothing compared to the awesomeness of the set itself! This set is completely awesome and you sir are just a complete moron for not being able to see the set for what it is!

:grin:

I guess they don't call it preliminary for nothing. The set looks truly lovely! :wub:

Who the hell is this idiot? I mean really! Who could say that the new Jabba's Palace looks awful? It looks like a great and solid build and is totally not just there for the figures. The fact that the figs are completely new is nothing compared to the awesomeness of the set itself! This set is completely awesome and you sir are just a complete moron for not being able to see the set for what it is!

:grin:

I guess they don't call it preliminary for nothing. The set looks truly lovely! :wub:

Yeah I have to agree with ya.

I like it much more now with clear pics and seeing the play functions. I cant wait to build this one.

The Boba is :wub: with the new print but Im not sure about the gun though. I think the last gun with the technic pin was better IMO.

No pictures of Malevolence? Why is it being kept so secret? :sad:

It's not secret; we know it was at the fair.

I guess everyone decided that the Palace, Skiff, and Sub were the only things worth breaking the no-pictures rule for. :laugh: It's only a few more days until we're flooded with pictures from the big New York Toy Fair, anyways.

The Jabba's palace set looks equally as good as the Battle of Endor with great minifigure selection, and great play features!

Skiff looks sleek and cool with great minifigures.

Love the Gungun ship :wub:

The skiff is quite expensive. $35?!?!?! :ugh:

I'm loving Jabba's palace even more now that I can see the back of it. I'll pick that one up. I wish we could have seen the rest, though.

i cvant wait to get the palace, now all we need is a cantina thats as good as this :)

we need more ground star wars lego sets IMO (i know itrs called star wars though so ships are to be expected)

I was hoping to see some pictures of saesee tiins starfighter :(

skiff looks good, quiet improvment over past versions.

jabba palace is wicked one, minifigs are awesome.

gungun sub is good but I was hoping they would print the canopy, it looks a bit odd this way. Amidala looks wickedddd!

I'll get the Skiff nevertheless, hoping to have some extra money so I can get palace too, I'm glad to see Lego did good job on both design and minifigs. :D That Gamorroan is just awesooome!

I wasn't going to buy more SW sets actually, because my focus will be on fantasy. But after seeing the first pictures of Jabba's place, it will be a nice add-on and a must have for me.

A big well done to the designers! I really like thenew sets, minifigs look awesome and I think Jabba's place is very good.

That Jabba mould is awesome!

I agree, a big well done to the designers. When first seeing the box art for Jabba's Palace I was not really impressed, but on seeing the video with the trap door feature, the plethora of figures and the cool detailing inside and out I'm totally sold. The detail on Jabba is awesome.

A sure fire purchase for me

Did anyone else noticed Jabba's tattoo on his right arm? I think it's a nice little detail.

Edited by Gunner

The new Jabbas palace is beautiful! :wub: And those figures are just amazing,its a must buy for me. Between these new sets an LOTR, im gonna go broke :laugh:

Did anyone else noticed Jabba's tattoo on his right arm? I think it's a nice little detail.

Very observant, that is indeed a nice little accurate detail. :thumbup:

Jabba_tat.jpg

Yeah, I'm generally pretty cool on Star Wars Lego, but Jabba's Palace is really nice. Although it's likely to be prohibitively expencive for me to ever get, but still. I can appreciate it from afar.

I do have to say the reviewer guy seems like a bit of a knob, though. No offence if anyone knows the guy! I'm probably just jealous that he gets to be there.

I do have to say the reviewer guy seems like a bit of a knob, though. No offence if anyone knows the guy! I'm probably just jealous that he gets to be there.

It seems like he has a vague memory of the original trilogy. He later calls Jabba "Jaboo" and reads off set names as if he's never heard of them. He wastes too much time on Naboo when that set is already available. I do wish these reviewers were AFOL's, because they'd know what we want: close up shots of unreleased sets, especially of figures.

It seems like he has a vague memory of the original trilogy. He later calls Jabba "Jaboo" and reads off set names as if he's never heard of them. He wastes too much time on Naboo when that set is already available. I do wish these reviewers were AFOL's, because they'd know what we want: close up shots of unreleased sets, especially of figures.

It appeared to me that the reviewer actually had not the slightest interest in Lego. I wondered the whole time why he's there at all and why he made this video.

Wow, I'm totally amazed at how great Jabba's palace looks, especially after writing this set off as piss-poor when I saw the preliminary box images a few weeks ago. 2012 is turning out to be a really exciting year for Lego in general. Anybody fancy putting a team together for a 'bank job'?

Edited by Praiter Yed

It appeared to me that the reviewer actually had not the slightest interest in Lego. I wondered the whole time why he's there at all and why he made this video.

"It's just a job." - Zam Wessel, Episode II

Wow, I'm totally amazed at how great Jabba's palace looks, especially after writing this set off as piss-poor when I saw the preliminary box images a few weeks ago. 2012 is turning out to be a really exciting year for Lego in general. Anybody fancy putting a team together for a 'bank job'?

Daxus Octavian, at your service.

I really like that they finally decided to make the Luke that comes with the Skiff movie accurate. In the movie his vest his grey and his sleeves are black. Glad Lego finally paid attention to that.