XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Alright, if it's true that they're in CW style, all my LEGO money for this year can safely go to LOTR.

I still really hope that they're not doing it that way, as I would be disappointed nonetheless. Only a few more weeks til we can see some pictures of 'em.

~ General Magma

I am pretty sure they won't be, the new Droid Escape set including 2 Sand Troopers does not have the CW print so I would assume they were going to keep that out of the Original Trilogy and EP 1-3 stuff

I asked on FBTB

Maybe he wasn't clear on my question though.

I really hope that they are not Clone Wars style, as it would be a HUGE disappointment. I've been a huge fan of the KOTOR games, so getting a few of the figures and ships would be awesome, but I don't touch Clone Wars stuff. It's almost like part of me wants the sets to be CW style so that I'll have to buy less Lego, but I was really looking forward to these two sets.

I don't understand why they would be CW style, as previous EU sets have been classic Lego SW style, and the visual style of the TOR games is certainly not very cartoonish.

I'm not sure you guys understand what "Clone Wars style" is. Heads like this, this and this are "Clone Wars style," while heads like this, this and this aren't. "Clone Wars style" heads have only appeared on "The Clone Wars" sets and nothing else.

Alright, if it's true that they're in CW style, all my LEGO money for this year can safely go to LOTR.

I still really hope that they're not doing it that way, as I would be disappointed nonetheless. Only a few more weeks til we can see some pictures of 'em.

~ General Magma

Just to clear things up, I was only referring to the two new, Expanded Universe Old Republic sets. All of the OT and PT movie sets will be the normal LEGO style.

I'm not sure you guys understand what "Clone Wars style" is.

By Clone Wars style, we mean the style they used on the Clone Wars figures. That does not have to mean it is necessarily restricted to TCW.

The term Clone Wars style is used, simply because that's where it was introduced - the animated style on the figure's heads.

They may not have appeared in sets outside of TCW sets, but that does not mean it will always stay this way. Quite obvious that there's a possibility,

as the SWTOR game is very similar to the animated style of The Clone Wars.

@metalface13: I was referring to the Old Republic sets, the only sets I am/was interested in in this wave for Star Wars.

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

They may not have appeared in sets outside of TCW sets, but that does not mean it will always stay this way. Quite obvious that there's a possibility,

as the SWTOR game is very similar to the animated style of The Clone Wars.

Where do you get that from? At least in all of the cinematic trailers, the animation is nothing like the Clone Wars at all. The people are all animated to look very realistic, like real people, not the angular stylized people in the Clone Wars show. I don't see a match, which makes me wonder why LEGO used "Clone Wars style," if in fact they did. I would hold off until we see pictures of the faces to make the call whether they are actually CW style or not, as different people may thing differently about what that means. Additionally, the person from FBTB says over and over how little time he had to look at these sets, and he may not be remembering quite correctly.

Quite obvious that there's a possibility, as the SWTOR game is very similar to the animated style of The Clone Wars.

No offense, but like hell it is.

In TCW the faces are... weird, and their hair looks like it's made out of clay or something, always perfectly in shape.

In the cinematic trailers from SW: TOR the characters look really realistic, and they almost look the same in the game itself.

@ DarthR2-D2: In February, around my birthday :devil:

Hope to see better pics of the SW: TOR sets by then. Those are definitely my most anticipated set of the entire here (based on what is known and confirmed so far)

Regards,

Mitch

I agree CW looks nothing like SWtOR

SWtOR = aim for realism

CW = bodies skewed and exaggerated, faces like caricatures

I figured this was the best way to show the difference between Old Republic and Clone wars, two similar characters:

clonewarsvsoldrepublic.jpg

Is there any explicit and valid information yet whether 9515 will contain a Commander Droid (battle droid with yellow markings) or a Tactical Droid (which simply may be called a "Commander" if one doesn't know the difference)?

Edited by Brickadeer

Here's some pretty good descriptions by FBTB. Link here.

Ah, man, between this and LOTR, I'm going to be so poor.

Sounds consistent with what we have seen from preliminary pictures a few weeks ago except Jabba's Palace there is no mention of that 10th figure with the hammerhead silhouette on the box, who ever it is I hope they haven't scrapped it because other than Crumb, Boushh and Oola the rest are rehashes and for those who already have them that is a lot of coin to pay for 3 exclusives and an average palace build :sceptic:

@ DarthR2-D2: In February, around my birthday :devil:

Is it like the weekend of the 18th. Because that sounds about right.

How about a screenshot from the actual game, rather than a pre-rendered trailer?

13yjfa0.jpg

I can definitely see why the minifigs would be TCW style.

I can still see them being regular. They might be like the minifigs in LSW III, with Clone Wars faces and white pupils. It's only the eyes that make the figs look like that.

What about The Force Unleashed? The Rogue Shadow came out around the time that the first Clone Wars sets began appearing on shelves, and Malek, Eclipse and Vader were all regular-stlyed minifigs, despite the game having less-than-realistic graphics.

In fact, I'd say TOR has better realism for its characters than TFU.

Is there any explicit and valid information yet whether 9515 will contain a Commander Droid (battle droid with yellow markings) or a Tactical Droid (which simply may be called a "Commander" if one doesn't know the difference)?

An OOM-Class Commander would make more sense, as no Tactical Droid was ever on board the Malevolence.

I figured this was the best way to show the difference between Old Republic and Clone wars, two similar characters:

*snip*

I don't really see how those pics can actually illustrate the difference because the two characters look quite similar. The only difference noticed is that the CW character has slightly larger and rounded eyes.

Anyhow, the CW style characters are here to stay at least for as long as TCW series will go on so is it possible not to have endless pages of debating about CW features again please? It's the same story every year and it's just getting boring and annoying. :thumbdown:

Edited by legolandia

I don't really see how those pics can actually illustrate the difference because the two characters look quite similar. The only difference noticed is that the CW character has slightly larger and rounded eyes.

Anyhow, the CW style characters are here to stay at least for as long as TCW series will go on so is it possible not to have endless pages of debating about CW features again please? It's the same story every year and it's just getting boring and annoying. :thumbdown:

You could make that debate for anything that's talked about here. Anyways, just because you think it's boring and annoying doesn't mean everyone does.

You could make that debate for anything that's talked about here.

I doubt that very much. 99% of the topics in here are constructive and not repetitive. They talk about different sets, bricks, etc. When people discuss the minifigure subject they pretty much bang on about the same thing over and over again "these eyes are clone wars, those eyes are not...".

I doubt that very much. 99% of the topics in here are constructive and not repetitive.

Oh, like canonicity, U.S. prices, UCS, minifigure printing, battlepacks, OT vs. PT vs. TCW, the length of the Executor, and the possibility of a Cloud City playset? :laugh: It’s time we followed in the footsteps of FBTB and had a ‘Shut Up and Build’ week. :tongue:

I don’t see a problem with discussing this particular subject other than the fact that it is not only blown out of proportion but entirely based off of one person’s eyewitness account.

Oh, like canonicity, U.S. prices, UCS, minifigure printing, battlepacks, OT vs. PT vs. TCW, the length of the Executor, and the possibility of a Cloud City playset? :laugh: It’s time we followed in the footsteps of FBTB and had a ‘Shut Up and Build’ week. :tongue:

:blush: I din't start this - honest!

Back to the topic: Since it has been reported that the UCS B-Wing is coming in May - instead of September, do anyone have any info regarding size/brick count etc.?

:blush: I din't start this - honest!

Back to the topic: Since it has been reported that the UCS B-Wing is coming in May - instead of September, do anyone have any info regarding size/brick count etc.?

I think you will find it's September.

I think you will find it's September.

Well I thought so too - but then Anio said that is was May :classic: