XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Got the 2 new BP's sets 9489 and 9488 at £11.99 each, also got Dorid Escape set 9490 at £19.99 from Argos.

The 2 Sandtrooper's are superb, amazing detail.

Just doing the reviews to post on youtube now.

Tried to get the new Tie fighter set today but it was sold out so may try another Argos tomorrow, not in a hurry to get the X-Wing as i only want 2 minifigs from that set. I may get a couple of the planet sets aswell.

Edited by vaders_child

I was just taking a look at the prelim pics for the summer sets, and I noticed that Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are new. I was thinking, could this mean that they have more detailed printing, like the new Anakin in this January's Jedi Interceptor, and could they have double sided heads with the aqua breathing things on one side. Either way, I'm excited to see.

Also, I'm quite surprised that LEGO has made the ships from the Old Republic. It really is nice, though. The Fury looks great and I'm really excited to see more detailed pics of all the Old Republic figs, especially Darth Malgus.

I can't wait until the OR sets come out. My money will magically disappear.

Edited by JackJonespaw

prateek, do you have any pieces info for the battle packs?

Nope. The battle packs aren't in the catalog :wacko:

But I did forget to list the piece count for the planet sets:

Naboo 56 pieces, Tatooine 80, and Death Star 65.

Hi guys.

Ive just finished uploading 2 reviews to youtube for sets 9490 and 9488 thought you may be interested in getting a look.

For set 9490 Droid Escape review

For set 9488 battle pack review

Enjoy folks and MTFBWYA

Hi guys.

Ive just finished uploading 2 reviews to youtube for sets 9490 and 9488 thought you may be interested in getting a look.

Enjoy folks and MTFBWYA

Thank you very much! :sweet:

Do you think you will post a pictoral one here as well?

Thank you very much! :sweet:

Do you think you will post a pictoral one here as well?

I may do a pictorial but for now im publishing my youtube reviews, i have the set 9489 review currently under construction plus i hope to review the new tie fighter set tomorrow also. :wink:

Hi guys.

Enjoy folks and MTFBWYA

Great reviews! The sets themselves aren't that amazing, but the figs are just fantastic! That new ARC is amazing, and the Sandtroopers just blow me away. I really hope these sets get to Canada soon so I can pick them up!

Got the 2012 and 2006 x wings next to each other here...

Talk about an improvement, I dare anyone to complain about reissued sets. Much cleaner and sleeker design - was expecting to resent the cost, turns out to be the x wing i wanted the 2006 version to be

Edited by TheBrickHitHouse

Talk about an improvement, I dare anyone to complain about reissued sets. Much cleaner and sleeker design - was expecting to resent the cost, turns out to be the x wing i wanted the 2006 version to be

That's great to hear. How do the builds compare?

Considering the position of R2 in the new ship, I will continue to complain if certain design choices regress. Not complaining about reissues though, they are practically a given since TLG has covered just about every ship. Every kid deserves a shot at owning their favorite ship at some point within a 10 year time frame.

Hi guys.

Enjoy folks and MTFBWYA

Does 9488 come with extra ARC gear in dark red, other than the rangefinder? And, does a visor fit on the phase 1.5 ARC helmet, or is it (the helmet) too big?

Hi guys.

Enjoy folks and MTFBWYA

great reviews, i am so stacking at least 6 of the escape sets, i reckon this post should be created in a new thread, thx heaps

Hi guys.

Enjoy folks and MTFBWYA

wow thanks for the review!

I checked my lego store, and there were no new sets.

I heard from the Woodfield LEGO Store that they won't be released until the very end of January.

Shot of the new Threepio... Though he does kinda have a permantly looking above for impending doom look about him :laugh:

Probably just where the eye print on mine is a bit misaligned. Still nice figure.

6580351329_bdc48c5b6a_z.jpg

Threepio by smokebelch, on Flickr

White optical sensors.....photo1.jpgright ?

I still like it, but these something still funny about him.....but that's 3-P0 for you ! :laugh:

Shot of the new Threepio... Though he does kinda have a permantly looking above for impending doom look about him :laugh:

Probably just where the eye print on mine is a bit misaligned. Still nice figure.

6580351329_bdc48c5b6a_z.jpg

Threepio by smokebelch, on Flickr

That C3P0 looks great! I just hope the set isn't too overpriced in Australia :angry:

That C3P0 looks great! I just hope the set isn't too overpriced in Australia :angry:

I'll say 50 bucks AU.

Still his eyes get me, they don't look right, but the torso spot on for the wiring on show. :wink:

Does 9488 come with extra ARC gear in dark red, other than the rangefinder? And, does a visor fit on the phase 1.5 ARC helmet, or is it (the helmet) too big?

Yes it comes with 4 visors and 4 rangefinders all in the deep red colour, yes it will fit your other clone helmets as the visor is the same mould design as the previous visors.

I just noticed that on the first page, for the desert skiff, it says it comes with 4 minifigures, then lists 5?

Luke Skywalker, Boba Fett, Weequay, Skiff Guard & Lando Calrissian

Is Weequay in the skiff set?

Edited by iPodwithnomusic

great reviews, i am so stacking at least 6 of the escape sets, i reckon this post should be created in a new thread, thx heaps

Thanks, i hear you on the pod escape set.

Thanks, not sure when you guys in the USA will get them. I was waiting on the Dino sets and you guys had them well before us but now we have them so i bought set 5887 Dine Defense HQ, just building it to review.

BTW im just uploading the Endor battle pack set 9489 to youtube, i will link you all when its processed.

Just got sets 9493 X-Wing, 9492 Tie Fighter and all 3 planet sets 9674, 9675 + 9676, im going to review most of those today if i can.

I was just taking a look at the prelim pics for the summer sets, and I noticed that Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are new. I was thinking, could this mean that they have more detailed printing, like the new Anakin in this January's Jedi Interceptor, and could they have double sided heads with the aqua breathing things on one side. Either way, I'm excited to see.

Also, I'm quite surprised that LEGO has made the ships from the Old Republic. It really is nice, though. The Fury looks great and I'm really excited to see more detailed pics of all the Old Republic figs, especially Darth Malgus.

Well both were just updated in this years sets, so I'd say the torso itself will stay the same. I agree Qui-Gon will finally get a double-sided head, but I think the breathing device is unlikely. As for Obi-Wan he already has a double-sided head, so I'm hoping for a new hair piece, specifically a hairpiece that has the padawan braid (Which would be better than them printing it on the torso like last time, plus it would be a great piece to use for an Ep2 Anakin).