XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

I think with the new DC Hero/Villain line and now Middle-Earth, TLG won't be as dependent on Star Wars excitement.

I think you are underestimating the importance of SW theme to Lego. The reason that the SW sets' release date has been pushed to Feb is quite probably to give the other themes a chance.

As far as LotR goes I think it is getting a lot of hype at the moment but it will soon die down when people get sick of buying castle after castle after castle. Oh did I mention castle? :grin: Oh ok we'll add a cave in there somewhere... :laugh::tongue:

The reason that the SW sets' release date has been pushed to Feb is quite probably to give the other themes a chance.

When was that ever confirmed? Just because one online retailer listed that date does not mean it is so. There is often an 'official' August release date for summer sets, and yet they still come out in July. Besides, what themes would be 'given a chance' by a February release date? The Superhero sets are already out now, as are almost all of the other lines, besides Friends which comes out the day after Christmas. All of the other lines mentioned don't come out until spring or summer, so a January SW release date would not be in the way of anything.

9496 Skiff:

- Small-sized set

- Fight on the Desert Skiff during the Sarlacc Scene from Return Of the Jedi.

- Luke Skywalker, Boba Fett, Weequay, Lando Calrissian and 1 x Sarlacc!

9516 Jabba’s Palace:

- Large-sized set

- Redesign of the original Jabba’s Palace set.

- Han Solo, Bib Fortuna, Jabba The Hutt, Chewbacca, Boussh! B’omarr Monk, 1 x Gamorrean Guard, Salacious Crumb, Oola minifigures. The last minifigure is unknown at the moment, hopefully it’s a bounty hunter!

I looked at the YouTube link..these sets look REAL. Both these sets couldn't get much better than the figures we're getting, I'm PUMPED. I wonder where Queen Amidala fits in though.

The fact alone that these pictures have turned up on YouTube before anywhere else makes me skeptical, as does the fact that the line includes two sets from the new game and another Advent calendar (not to mention only one set from Menace and a rehash at that), but the sets do look otherwise plausible and match up somewhat with the rumors we've been seeing.

Looks to be Zuckuss in the Palace set.

Ignore this if it's already posted. Leaked pics of 2012 summer sets:

http://smashing-bricks.com/2011/12/19/lego-star-wars-2012-summer-sets-sneak-peek/

If this is real, I suggest better saving the pics before it gets taken down.

*huh*:oh::oh3:*oh2*

I think these are REAL REAL REAL!!! Check out the LOTR vid... Oh man I am getting really excited!!!

Those look pretty legit *oh2*

Some look really nice...

What makes we hesitate is that there is another new Han, why not use the one from Slave I? :look:

Fantastic. Not the sets, just the fact that we have pictures :tongue:

Interesting to see those EU sets though.

Those look legitimate to me. They look pretty good too.

I am wondering a little bit why there are two Old Republic sets, but they are fairly cool ships and I am sure the minifigures will be fantastic and unlike most SW minifigures that we get in style. At first I thought it was odd to see the Malevolence so long after it was in the show, but on second thought it does make sense. LEGO seems to like to release capital ships every so often, and the Malevolence is a very distinct one.

The thing that stood out to me the most was actually the Desert Skiff because it has the new, and awesome, Boba Fett in a cheap set, which is great. The minifigure selection in that set will be great, even if a desert skiff itself is a ho hum vehicle.

If these sets are real, as they appear to be to me, I should hope that nobody complains about the selection in this line-up. We've got OT, PT, a few CW, and even some EU. It's got a smattering of everything really.

Unreal!!! Even though these are all very preliminary set pictures, it looks like they are all shaping up to be fantastic!

And yes, those LotR sets look great! :thumbup:

At first I thought these were fake but then I saw the same user put up those LOTR pics and those look pretty legit and official, so odds are these are indeed legit pics.

I know these are just prelims and many things can and most likely will change before these hit shelves next summer, but all I can say is I'm pretty underwhelmed by these. Yes, a LOT of exciting figures, but the sets themselves? Meh. The only one I can even get half excited about is Jabba's Palace, but only for the figures (the set itself seems pretty puny and bland and small). But again, these are prelims, so maybe things will change and maybe once we get clearer and hi-res images I can get more excited.

I also find it really weird that we are getting not one, but TWO ships from the new video game, and they look like LARGE sets too. I would guess both ships would fall into the $40 to $60 range judging on size. So Lucasfilm, Lucasarts, and/or LEGO must be really, really, REALLY confident that this game will do well, especially considering that LEGO EU sets usually don't sell that well.

So I guess over all I'm feeling meh. They all seem bland. But again, they are just prelims. So I'll be crossing my fingers that the final product turns out much better.

On a positive note though it does look like there might be a place to add on other sets on the side of Jabba's Palace (like the old Palace and like the new Hogwarts sets) to maybe beef it up in the future. But then again these are blurry pics, so maybe that is just wishful thinking.

And hey, if these do indeed turn out to be sets that just don't strike my fancy, there are still always the exclusive sets to look forward to and at the very least might free up some of my budget to spend on Superhero and LOTR sets instead! Either way, LEGO will be getting a LOT of my money this year! :laugh:

Edited by pranas

The thing that stood out to me the most was actually the Desert Skiff because it has the new, and awesome, Boba Fett in a cheap set, which is great. The minifigure selection in that set will be great, even if a desert skiff itself is a ho hum vehicle.

We'll see. I expect this to be a $30 set given the figures. But I guess that's a cheap set for TLG these days.

Edited by StoutFiles

I am wondering a little bit why there are two Old Republic sets,

I think it's meant to squeeze in as much characters as possible from both sides of the Republic (Satele Shan, Republic Trooper, new droid) and the Empire (Darth Malgus, two Imperial Troopers) in the limited number of sets (probably only these two) for the SWOR game. Unlike in TFU where only Starkiller was the prominent character.

Awesome new sets that I reckon are 1000% legit!

Anyone notice the white Jabba, Boushh helmet and Gamorrean head?

This must mean they are new molds :cry_happy:

I just saw Salacious Crumb sitting in the background!

Edited by Lord Of The Fries

I guess on to the slight disappointment though...still no Rancor. Considering the new T-Rex in the Dino theme, I thought maybe we'd get a Rancor mold at last. However, the Rancor really deserves his own set with Luke, a Gamorrean, and Malakili (Rancor keeper). Perhaps in the future.

Wow pictures already.

How have they already determined a 2012 Advent Calendar when the 2011 one is still in effect.

Is that a Santa Darth Maul???

I think this new line will make many AFOLs very happy. We've got Malevolence, a new bongo, and a new Jabba's palace. As far as minifigures go, we've got Padme (I think), Oola, Boushh, Salacious Crumb, Zuckuss (I hope), and Even Piell, all of which have been desired for some time.

Me too. :sweet:

Z-95 and a T3-like utility droid? Do you mean to say that there exists a chance of these two popping up in future sets?

If these sets are real, as they appear to be to me, I should hope that nobody complains about the selection in this line-up. We've got OT, PT, a few CW, and even some EU. It's got a smattering of everything really.

I was actually about to complain about the fact that there was yet another 'new' Delta-7B until I took a second look and noticed... the new dome piece! The entire cockpit area has been redesigned! :sweet:

I love the look of Jabba's Palace! It seems designed to have an interior and an exterior that actually resembles the building, with what I think is the gate on the first floor of that tower. IMO it's hard to find a better solution to getting the right shape to the set, especially considering the wildly inaccurate 2003 version.

I was actually about to complain about the fact that there was yet another 'new' Delta-7B until I took a second look and noticed... the new dome piece! The entire cockpit area has been redesigned! :sweet:

The whole fighter looks a bit redesigned really. I don't think it looks anything like the actual starfighter though, but a new design is better than an accurate design after we've already had so many.

Not a new dome piece, I have a trans-blue version from the Alien Conquest Jet Copter