XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Wow! Just wow! This new Y-Wing looks fantastic! The new Leia is so nice, and a yellow astro droid is really great too! Thanks for the pics!

Grogall, you are a hero in my eyes!

Thank you for the Y-Wing pictures!

As for the set itself.... :sceptic:

Not in the same level as the X-Wing or TIE Fighter but still a good set..

The filck-fires ruin it for me completely..

Great minifigures though!

Edited by ceroknight

That Y-Wing is awesome, and I love the yellow droid :wub: In fact, all the figures in it are good. This set is my only definite buy of the wave, a shame it's an exclusive. Do we know who for yet?

Glad to finally see a picture of the Y-Wing. I haven't looked at a picture of a studio model for awhile now, but just going by memory, the Lego version looks pretty good IMO. It's far and away the best system Y-Wing that Lego has made, I think that goes pretty much without dispute. Nice of them to throw in a Princess Leia figure as well.

I'm not sure I want to pick this one up (as I have the older one...). I do like the new Leia, and the yellow droid is a plus... It'll all depend on the price I guess, which , being an exclusive, will probably be outrageously high...

Also, does anyone find it odd that we've been getting High-res pics of even the exclusives (Y-wing and Jedi Interceptor), but haven't seen any for the Geonosian Cannon?

I'm not sure I want to pick this one up (as I have the older one...). I do like the new Leia, and the yellow droid is a plus... It'll all depend on the price I guess, which , being an exclusive, will probably be outrageously high...

Also, does anyone find it odd that we've been getting High-res pics of even the exclusives (Y-wing and Jedi Interceptor), but haven't seen any for the Geonosian Cannon?

Oh; that will be my picture set of the day. tomorrow!

Edited by grogall

The y-wing does look pretty cool. Anyone else notice that the pilot says Gold leader, why doesn't it say Dutch Vander (if that's still who it is).

The y-wing does look pretty cool. Anyone else notice that the pilot says Gold leader, why doesn't it say Dutch Vander (if that's still who it is).

The face looks very generic, and resembles the one from the Hoth Battlepack, so I assume LEGO just called him 'Gold Leader' rather then specifying him.

Ho that will be my picture set of the day tomorrow!

Good to know! Looking forward to it! :cry_happy:

Thanks so much! :thumbup:

Oh, and going off what someone said earlier: It does look like there's a Yavin theme is going on with the minifigures: Ceremony Luke and Han, and now Leia!

Edited by Cad Bane

The face looks very generic, and resembles the one from the Hoth Battlepack, so I assume LEGO just called him 'Gold Leader' rather then specifying him.

You're probably right. At least they didn't call him Rebel pilot or y-wing pilot.

Ugh, I don't know about this. I only have the original X and Y-Wing. So if I does buy Wing this wave, I'd buy both. But unlike the new X-Wing, the problem about the droid socket start to getting into me. In the picture about X-Wing, droid sideway is ok to me but droid sideway on this Y-Wing become an eyesore in me already :sceptic:.

Celebration Leia! :wub: The minifigs all look great in this set. Good enough, in fact, to make me consider this set which is rather mediocre otherwise.

Celebration Leia! :wub: The minifigs all look great in this set. Good enough, in fact, to make me consider this set which is rather mediocre otherwise.

Looks pretty decent, but this is the weakest of the three new fighters IMO. The minifigs do look really good though.

The sideways droid issue is really starting to get to me. I could let it slide on just the X-Wing, but it looks like this is becoming a bad trend...

I don't see why everyone's down on the Y-Wing, it's the best they've done so far; it's far more detailed, and in turn more accurate. It's better than the new X-Wing, IMO, seeing as that's almost identical to the last X-Wing.

Some good things about this Y-wing:

- Full cockpit and wider head

- Wires in the greebling

- Lepira (Gold 4)’s R5. I don’t think Dutch’s droid has been named, so this is a nice alternative.

Some things I don’t like:

- The curvature of the head doesn’t extend all the way, making the head look too rectangular – I would say this is the biggest problem.

- The arms are too fat and appear misplaced, but that should be a quick fix. Actually, the entire middle portion looks distorted and the engines are still elongated.

- The way they’ve attempted to combine the slope in front with stacked plates looks rather sloppy. It’s more accurate, but it clashes with the look of the ship.

Ugh, I don't know about this. I only have the original X and Y-Wing. So if I does buy Wing this wave, I'd buy both. But unlike the new X-Wing, the problem about the droid socket start to getting into me. In the picture about X-Wing, droid sideway is ok to me but droid sideway on this Y-Wing become an eyesore in me already :sceptic:.

They probably did it that way to avoid weakness in construction. See here.

I don't see why everyone's down on the Y-Wing, it's the best they've done so far; it's far more detailed, and in turn more accurate. It's better than the new X-Wing, IMO, seeing as that's almost identical to the last X-Wing.

Maybe this is just me, but this set strikes me as very awkward in appearance. And I’ve already pointed out that 9494 is much more different from 4502 than it may initially appear.

Grogall you are a hero

This is interesting,it is a great to see a Y-wing after five years giving me a chance to pick up one but I must say it is very blocky and only flick-fire rokets from what I can see, but great minifigs for a high price I would think.

I'll end up buying the set but I know lego could do better.

Thanks once more Gorgall!

Okay, my wallet is dead next year. So far I'm getting all the new sets except the endor battle pack. The y-wing looks a little weird with the brown though. Can anyone confirm if thats how it looks in the movie?

Okay, my wallet is dead next year. So far I'm getting all the new sets except the endor battle pack. The y-wing looks a little weird with the brown though. Can anyone confirm if thats how it looks in the movie?

Yes, the Y-wing does have those copper wings all over it's body.

Oh; that will be my picture set of the day. tomorrow!

Please if you have pics of the geonosian cannon put them up today we can't wait to see more:cry_sad:. So please, pretty please.

My opinion on the Y-wing; it's pretty cool but it could be better. Overall, I prefer this version over the prvious one (7658). Although it might be hard to find an alternative, the domes at the top of the engines just seem to small for me. The ''head'' and body seems okay to me though.

Looks good, but I fear for the price of this thing. If it's high, I'd rather get the old one. This just has minor upgrades. I do like the front a lot.

My opinion on the Y-wing; it's pretty cool but it could be better. Overall, I prefer this version over the prvious one (7658). Although it might be hard to find an alternative, the domes at the top of the engines just seem to small for me. The ''head'' and body seems okay to me though.

According to David Low, the 6-wide domes from 10134 are about right for minifigure scale (as demonstrated in many good Y-wing MOCs).

Looks good, but I fear for the price of this thing. If it's high, I'd rather get the old one. This just has minor upgrades. I do like the front a lot.

The construction of the head is completely different; I wouldn’t call that a minor upgrade.