XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Not to mention the Interceptor doesn't even go with the first Death Star.

That's true, it was built after the Battle Of Yavin and was a compromise between the standard Tie and Vader's own fighter.

S'long as the planets are under $5 they're not too bad of a deal.

The Barris Offee minifigures in the Geonosian Cannon seems to be redesigned to be more in line with the other Clone Wars minifigures. :hmpf_bad:

On the other hand, I am loving the ARC trooper. :wub:

The Barris Offee minifigures in the Geonosian Cannon seems to be redesigned to be more in line with the other Clone Wars minifigures. :hmpf_bad:

I don't understand either why they have to give us another Barris, considering she's not that an important of a character in the series and the previous version is waaay better than this CW one. They could have given us another jedi, but oh well I guess Gree and the two winged Geonosians will compel me to buy this.

Pretty good planet sets,The tie interceptor is a must buy.

How do we know there are going to be 8 more planet sets to come,if this is ture my predictions are...

Kamino Set:Republic Gunship and Clone Trooper(CW)

Endor Set:AT-ST and AT-ST Driver

Hoth Set:Snowspeeder and Dak

Geonosis Set:Genonosian Fighter and Geonosian(CW)

Courusant Set:Ahsoka's Jedi Starfighter and Ahsoka(CW)

Mustafar Set:Padme's Ship and C-3PO

Kashyyyk Set:Catamaran and Chewbacca

Dathomir Set:Ventress's fighter Assaj Ventress(CW)

Have we found any pic of the Y-wing?

The Mustafar one should be Palpatine's Shuttle with an Ep3 Clone Pilot and the Coruscant set should be a speeder like Cad Bane's Speeder with Cad Bane.

Also a closer look at the Geonosian sonic gun:

6148969145_746431f456_z.jpg

The Mustafar one should be Palpatine's Shuttle with an Ep3 Clone Pilot and the Coruscant set should be a speeder like Cad Bane's Speeder with Cad Bane.

Also a closer look at the Geonosian sonic gun:

6148969145_746431f456_z.jpg

In the interest of keeping this thread readable, let us redirect our speculation to within the Future Star Wars Sets thread, please...

I don't understand either why they have to give us another Barris, considering she's not that an important of a character in the series and the previous version is waaay better than this CW one. They could have given us another jedi, but oh well I guess Gree and the two winged Geonosians will compel me to buy this.

Wait, I can't even see a difference between the two Barris versions. :sceptic:

Considering I'm going to get another Barris anyway, I might as well buy two or three Geonosian Cannons. I might as well also buy another Geonosian Starfighter. :tongue:

Comments relatively unchanged on everything else. R2-D2 definitely looks different. Small planet sets are nice. The Hoth Board game is cute, but doesn't have a lot of new or useful parts.

Do you really think we will get a "regular" ARF trooper in the CW battlepack? I find it quite strange to have 2 battlepacks in the shops with the same "type" inside (obviously i mean 7913).

Do you really think we will get a "regular" ARF trooper in the CW battlepack? I find it quite strange to have 2 battlepacks in the shops with the same "type" inside (obviously i mean 7913).

By the time the battle pack is out I suspect that the old one will be phased out. :hmpf_bad:

By the time the battle pack is out I suspect that the old one will be phased out. :hmpf_bad:

I guess this is quite likely to happen - the new battle packs are more expensive, so the old, cheap ones, which are the same size and contain about the same amount of LEGO, have to go.

It is interesting how opinions about minifigures change - in 7913, the ARF was the star of the set while now some say it is boring and they should have included 2 ARCs. I think it is great we get even better figs than an ARF in battle packs, you can't have enough ARFs anyway.

Edited by Emperor

It is interesting how opinions about minifigures change - in 7913, the ARF was the star of the set while now some say it is boring and they should have included 2 ARCs. I think it is great we get even better figs than an ARF in battle packs, you can't have enough ARFs anyway.

I agree with you. While two ARC's would be nice, I suspect LEGO would make them the same so it's good to have the ARF trooper.

I suspect they'll just increase the price of the older BPs as well to go with the new ones. Did it ever happen that a LSW set phased out after only a year?

Did it ever happen that a LSW set phased out after only a year?

Not in France. That's why i asked.

Anyway, maybe i got misenderstood: I don't think ARFs are boring. I already have 4 of them and if i want more i can BL them for 2,5 euros. I just meant that i don't need a new way of getting them. I think it just doesn't make sense to put it in a new BP right after the other. With some new printings i could easily change my mind.

Edit: And i think the BP's price will remain quite the same here.

Edited by Petit-bleu

It never happened before that TLG put two factions in one battle pack and it also never happened before that you could buy exclusive minifigs for 9$ wrapped in a LEGO planet, so just because a set never phased out after a year before it isn't impossible that they change this system.

The fact that the include the same fig in two consecutive battle packs could very well mean that one of those battle packs will phase out; maybe TLG realised how popular the ARF is and therfore decided to put it in the new battle pack, this way they could use an existing mold for another year.

hi,

love all 2012 sets, and actually all the minifigs, except Barris (what's the point…)

if someone from the LEGO staff would read, I'd say what my expectations would be :

• X-wing's canopee : another design please !! sticker on front side of reactors? T-bars would definitely be better!!

• Hope pilots Luke and Jek get additional haircuts. Also Gree and the Arc could do with a military shortcut but there in a BP there's not a chance I believe, too bad.

• Same with the Tie, the old canopee was fine with me, not so outrageously bulbous!

• R2-D2 needs a metallic grey head (as R2-Q2), could do with a third leg even though one can add it easily, I guess it wouldn't cost five cents to add.

• dislike the Class-6 escape pod's shape. Not that LEGO did a bad job as you can check here but I stick to the one included in the Star Destroyer. So the set seems useless in itself. Shame cos' honey-colored C3 with "bare wires" graphics do improve the minifig. I prefer gold coated, though. As for sandtroopers, well wait-and-see, but I guess 9490 is the only set I feel could do without. I somehow miss a stormtrooper "all badies" BP (3 white + 1 sandtrooper) as they are highly priced on the net. If only 9490 added +2 simple white troopers… Or if the Endor BP comprised only one rebel, 2 normal troopers and 1 biker I think people would buy tons of packs instead of one or 2. Overall rebels should always be outnumbered !! But again younger kids like to get the nice guys.

• in the planet collection, amusing for collectors or small gift for a young kid in a birthday party, but can't buy everything.

• Hoth game, why not for a good gameplay with my son: at-at, at-st, snowspeeder :) -> only we would have preferred real size minifigs (also a good reason for BP collectors to jump on this) but SW/TLG marketing reason's, again…

This 2012 line is great, even though I (and my son…) love CW and prequels as well, I'm more excited now than 2011's summer release.

Regarding the third leg, TLG couldn't do it without a new piece, because the typical way of adding one (Technic half pin with stud plus cheese slope) uses an illegal connection. Keeping the Technic half-pin inside the underside of R2-D2 would compress the end of the Technic half-pin, meaning it would have a weaker connection with actual Technic pieces in the future.

What do you mean by "honey-colored" and "gold-coated" C-3PO? The Threepio fig in the Droid Escape set seems to be 297 Warm Gold (BL's Pearl Gold), the same color he's appeared in for years. Unless you're comparing him with the older ones in 127 Gold (BL's Pearl Light Gold) or 310 Metalized Gold (BL's Chrome Gold).

As for the Hoth game, I prefer it with the microfigs just considering the sheer number of figs it has. Minifigures are much more expensive than microfigs, containing multiple pre-assembled parts, so that would drive up the price a lot-- and the price, being a licensed set, will probably already be pretty high! Also, I like the "novelty" of microfigs... they can be really cute, and I expect the pint-sized Chewbacca microfig will be adorable!

I also look forward to seeing people make 1/2 scale versions of existing sets using the Star Wars microfigs (microfigs are two bricks tall, compared to standard minifigures which are four bricks tall)

I actually really like the Hoth Game.

The way that the microfigures sit in the back of the vehicles (especially the AT-AT) is a really good, and cute, idea. :wub:

I'd love to see other Star Wars Games, doing lots of vehicles/ships in that style.

I have a feeling it will be really expensive, though. :sadnew:

Hey guys!

So, I was looking at this image, and it really caught my attention.

For one, it looks awesome. I always wished I got Anakin's ship when they sold Episode III sets.

Anyhoo, I have some questions regarding this particular set.

1. Is this going to be based off of the original movie, or the cartoon? I'm hoping it's the original one!

2. Down in the right there's a battle between Anakin and Obi-Wan. Is there any images from this set, or does this set not even exist?

3. Has there been any leaked images of a possible Anakin starfighter? That'd be sweet.

Hey guys!

So, I was looking at this image, and it really caught my attention.

For one, it looks awesome. I always wished I got Anakin's ship when they sold Episode III sets.

Anyhoo, I have some questions regarding this particular set.

1. Is this going to be based off of the original movie, or the cartoon? I'm hoping it's the original one!

2. Down in the right there's a battle between Anakin and Obi-Wan. Is there any images from this set, or does this set not even exist?

3. Has there been any leaked images of a possible Anakin starfighter? That'd be sweet.

1. Original movie it just has replacement figures.

2. This set does indeed exist but this is the only picture.

3. This is Anakin's starfighter unless you mean the yellow one, this is the one he used to go to Mustafar.

Hope that helps. :classic:

1. Original movie it just has replacement figures.

2. This set does indeed exist but this is the only picture.

3. This is Anakin's starfighter unless you mean the yellow one, this is the one he used to go to Mustafar.

Hope that helps. :classic:

Ah, I see. I thought this would be Obi-Wan's (though I remember his to be red). This has gotten me pretty excited for some Star Wars sets. Maybe I'll get some!

I enjoy the minifig like anyone else but hate the extra price I pay for them. Fancy minifigs are expensive and drive up the already high price of Star Wars sets. I'd rather have a more accurate ship then some scuff marks on a Sandtrooper, but that's just me. Oh well, more modding will need to be done to the ships that suffered for the figures.

I would say the Escape pod is pretty well built and was what caught my attention in the first place. When I first heard about this set I was like oh this will probably be a pass, until I saw how good the escape pod was built. Then seeing the figs that go with it was just gravy. :classic:

Oh, I am really loving the planets series. Looks very cool and a good way to get the minifigures for those who cant afford to or dont want to buy the big sets.

Oh, I am really loving the planets series. Looks very cool and a good way to get the minifigures for those who cant afford to or dont want to buy the big sets.

So a set that costs more than the figures from bricklink is somehow a cost effective way of getting them?

Lego could have included exclusive minifigs but instead goes with a veritable 4th tier of figures...