XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

As a matter of fact, yes, I am.

Though I don't think the N-1 can be compared to the Plug-F in TLG's decision to release it, because it's a much more iconic ship. (though PT ships don't come close to OT ships in terms of iconic-ness, other than maybe the LAAT/i) In my opinion, yes, the Plug-F is probably the set I most think is a little strange to release, because I would've gone for something more recognizable from Menace, like an MTT or AAT. But, given how few Menace vehicles appear only in that movie and are somewhat recognizable...

ermm...sorry for asking...but what the hell is a Plug-F? *huh*

I'm having that weird feeling that altought we got an year early preview of a new minifig, as we don't have any toy fair or something popping up, we are going to get some late prelim photos... :sceptic: correct me if i'm worng (kind of new around here) but didn't we got some prelim photos already, last year, around August? :wacko:

I'm having that weird feeling that altought we got an year early preview of a new minifig, as we don't have any toy fair or something popping up, we are going to get some late prelim photos... :sceptic: correct me if i'm worng (kind of new around here) but didn't we got some prelim photos already, last year, around August? :wacko:

Plug-F Mammoth

Toy Fair is always where we see pics of the Summer Wave. Winter Wave prelims will be seen once someone scans the product catalog given to retailers.

Plug-F Mammoth:

3394454524_290117bccd_z.jpg

Yes, it seems like this thread will be awfully quiet for a few months or so...

Naww, last year we got pics on the 25th of August, and the Retail Catalogue is already out, so I'm sure we'll get pics soon.

Plug-F Mammoth:

3394454524_290117bccd_z.jpg

Yes, it seems like this thread will be awfully quiet for a few months or so...

Hey, I saw that display in person!

Edited by brickbuilder

Well give it a few years and they might be iconic :devil:. Maybe the Sith infiltrator would be a better choice, of if they desperately needed a pod they should have done ether Ani's pod or a lesser known one to get a new alien fig.

Perhaps, although from TLG's point of view it may be better to do Sebulba's pod simply because it allows them to get more value out of the Sebulba mold, which they can't really use for anything else.

Usually I wait for KimT to do this, but since a claim that CW is as good as Empire has the potential to blow up into a heated debate, I will say,

Stay on target! :angry: Before it gets there.

If anyone wants to discuss CW vs. Empire, there's a thread in Culture and Multimedia for that. (and for the record, I don't think CW comes anywhere close to the greatness of Empire)

While I agree that this sort of thing shouldn't be discussed in this topic, period.. I think it's incredibly hypocritical for you to try and guide the discussion back on track, but then leave a snarky comment about the Clone Wars at the end any way. That doesn't exactly set a good example and you've always been one of the biggest offenders for knocking the show. If you don't like it, fine, but lets discuss these sets and like you said, leave opinions like this out of it. It's unnecessary and just creates a very hostile atmosphere. I don't enjoy posting here any more, and I know many others feel the same.

While I agree that this sort of thing shouldn't be discussed in this topic, period.. I think it's incredibly hypocritical for you to try and guide the discussion back on track, but then leave a snarky comment about the Clone Wars at the end any way. That doesn't exactly set a good example and you've always been one of the biggest offenders for knocking the show. If you don't like it, fine, but lets discuss these sets and like you said, leave opinions like this out of it. It's unnecessary and just creates a very hostile atmosphere. I don't enjoy posting here any more, and I know many others feel the same.

Brickdoctor made this comment over a week ago. I honestly don't see what good it does to bring this up again.

Until yesterday this thread was creeping along with hardly any posts at all :laugh:.

hahahah :D Anyway,you can make ARF trooper from the 2011 BP Rancor Batallion ARF pretty easily. So ARF is very unlikely FMPOV. And 2 ARCs that are different colors is much better than ARF. I would like ARCs color to be Green / Red / Blue / Yellow. Hey,that are all the colors! I like all the colors. :) Green could be useful to make a Jet Trooper :)

Important Mod Notes:

1. Keep the discussion always on topic. Off-topic comments in this thread will be unapproved and offenders will now be automatically "invited for questioning". Those who will reply to off-topic comments will be treated the same.

2. No mini-modding please. Let the staff do the moderating tasks. If you want to help use the Report Button to call the attention of the Mods.

For everyone's compliance.

$20 for Droid Escape? This better be a hell of an awesome escape pod. :laugh:

I actually thought that it was surprisingly cheap, considering it's meant to come with 2 Sandtroopers, R2-D2, C-3PO, Escape pod and a swoop bike. :sceptic:

Although I do hope its a pretty good 'pod. :wink:

And even though it's a fairly unimportant detail, do you think the Sandtroopers will come with Orange or Black pauldrons. The one in Luke's Landspeeder had Black, but I would say the Orange ones are more 'common'.

I actually thought that it was surprisingly cheap, considering it's meant to come with 2 Sandtroopers, R2-D2, C-3PO, Escape pod and a swoop bike. :sceptic:

It just seems to be this years equivalent of the Landspeeder set really small Tatooine set with Sandtroopers and some heroes, £20.00 is probably the max I would pay for something as boring as this (Sandtroopers excluded).

It just seems to be this years equivalent of the Landspeeder set really small Tatooine set with Sandtroopers and some heroes, £20.00 is probably the max I would pay for something as boring as this (Sandtroopers excluded).

Well, it says $20 (Dollars), so it might be cheaper in the UK. :wink:

And I'm slightly disapointed they chose to include a Swoop Bike instead of a Dewback. But I guess they can't have a new mould that big in such a small set. :sceptic:

Edited by LandShark

Although I do hope its a pretty good 'pod. :wink:

And even though it's a fairly unimportant detail, do you think the Sandtroopers will come with Orange or Black pauldrons. The one in Luke's Landspeeder had Black, but I would say the Orange ones are more 'common'.

I would personally like orange pauldrons just because it looks nicer. :tongue:

$20 is decent, 4 figs, escape pod and swoop bike (maybe a plate with some tan bricks or so for scenery)

hahahah :D Anyway,you can make ARF trooper from the 2011 BP Rancor Batallion ARF pretty easily. So ARF is very unlikely FMPOV. And 2 ARCs that are different colors is much better than ARF. I would like ARCs color to be Green / Red / Blue / Yellow. Hey,that are all the colors! I like all the colors. :) Green could be useful to make a Jet Trooper :)

Yes green would be excellent to make the Jet Trooper, although Gree could also work or the Horn Company Trooper, all close enough :laugh:

But I will be happy with whatever color they choose (hoping for red or blue)

Edited by Macoco

Well, it says $20 (Dollars), so it might be cheaper in the UK. :wink:

And I'm slightly disapointed they chose to include a Swoop Bike instead of a Dewback. But I guess they can't have a new mould that big in such a small set. :sceptic:

Well, at start i also wondered about the high price. A Dewback would have really made up for this.

Not knowing what the swoop will look like, i hestitate from criticism. Being an entire OT fan, i need pics before i lean towards buying it. I expect some value for about 20 bucks. The 5th C3-PO won't be the ting to reflect that kind of RoI.

However it turns out - a Dewback, and be it with the existing mould - would be a real eye-catcher and a set to sell pretty well. Even non-SW people will feel intruigued by the dinosaur appearence of this creature. I assume SW fans will buy at least one set of those. I would for sure try to get a couple of them... :classic:

$20 is decent, 4 figs, escape pod and swoop bike (maybe a plate with some tan bricks or so for scenery)

Yes green would be excellent to make the Jet Trooper, although Gree could also work or the Horn Company Trooper, all close enough :laugh:

But I will be happy with whatever color they choose (hoping for red or blue)

Why red or blue?

Quote from Wookiepedia : The austere sensibilities of Kaminoan society resulted in the blindingly pristine white state of each set of armor, although command units originally had stripes of different colors, depending on their rank (yellow meaning commander, red meaning captain, blue meaning lieutenant, and green meaning sergeant).

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/e/e5/Clone_Troopers_Phase_I.jpg

Well, at start i also wondered about the high price. A Dewback would have really made up for this.

Not knowing what the swoop will look like, i hestitate from criticism. Being an entire OT fan, i need pics before i lean towards buying it. I expect some value for about 20 bucks. The 5th C3-PO won't be the ting to reflect that kind of RoI.

However it turns out - a Dewback, and be it with the existing mould - would be a real eye-catcher and a set to sell pretty well. Even non-SW people will feel intruigued by the dinosaur appearence of this creature. I assume SW fans will buy at least one set of those. I would for sure try to get a couple of them... :classic:

I agree, a Dewback would make it a must buy for me.

But I too will save my final judgement for pictures.

Why red or blue?

Quote from Wookiepedia : The austere sensibilities of Kaminoan society resulted in the blindingly pristine white state of each set of armor, although command units originally had stripes of different colors, depending on their rank (yellow meaning commander, red meaning captain, blue meaning lieutenant, and green meaning sergeant).

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/e/e5/Clone_Troopers_Phase_I.jpg

We aren't getting any of those clones, we are getting the ARC Troopers from the Clone Wars cartoons.

5416895202_f080425a97.jpg

We aren't getting any of those clones, we are getting the ARC Troopers from the Clone Wars cartoons.

5416895202_f080425a97.jpg

Oh that guys look cool anyway =) will buy.

Oh that guys look cool anyway =) will buy.

Yes I would too if the ARC does indeed look like that. As to why Red or Blue earlier, I meant the stripes or markings sorry if you thought I meant the whole suit of armor being blue like a senate guard :laugh:

I'd like a dewback of course, but I'd rather they just kick the swoop out and lower the price. It's not even in the OT, it's a pointless addition.