XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

I definitely agree with you, I would love to see TLG release more system scale pods. Unfortunately I just can't see it happening, since less-recognizable pods probably wouldn't sell as well on their own. We all know how Lego favors the well-known vehicles and characters, hence the reason we only saw Anakin and Sebulba's pods in the most recent wave.

According to BL he's been done as a minifig before, even though his name wasn't listed on the box.

Assuming that minifig was meant to be Dutch Vander, it's due for a new version anyway. :wink:

So is this the lot?

9489 Endor Battle Pack

2 Rebels, 1 Stormtrooper, and 1 Scout Trooper

9488 Clone Wars Battle Pack

2 Commando Droids, 1 ARC Trooper, and 1 ARF Trooper

9490 Droid Escape

C-3P0, R2-D2, and 2 Sand Troopers

9491 Geonosian Cannon

1 Geonosian warrior, 1 Geonosian drone and Commander Gree

9492 TIE Fighter

1 Deathstar Trooper, 1 TIE Pilot, 1 Imperial Officer, and R5-J2

9493 X-Wing

Luke, R2-D2, Porkins, and R5-D8

9494 Anakin Skywalker's Jedi Interceptor

Anakin Skywalker, Obi Wan Kenobi, R2-D2, Nute Gunray, 1 Mustafar Droid and, 1 Security Battle Droid

9495 Y-Wing Gold Leader

Dutch Vander, R5-F7, and Princess Leia

9674 Naboo Starfighter

1 Naboo Pilot

9675 Sebulba’s Podracer

Sebulba

9676 TIE Interceptor

1 TIE Pilot

3866 Battle of Hoth LEGO Game

???

Edited by Mr Man

Wow, if all those rumoured sets come out in January,I just can't believe all the OT sets. I would expect that many in a whole year, not jut one wave. I just can't wait for the y-wing

Where did this y-wing rumor come from?

It sounds good but just unrealistic since we are getting an x-wing, but it is possible for it to be a UCS set

I really believe the jedi interceptor is a TRU limited editon set and the episode 1 set is a limited edition set to some where else( it would have to be a smaller set so there's chance we may see a flash speeder or a gain speeder)

Where did this y-wing rumor come from?

I can confirm that that is the list of sets that I have plus two (The Special Edition sets weren't included in that list).

Missing from that list is the Special Edition sets. one being 9494 Anakin's Jedi Interceptor. The other set is number 9495. and since All the other ones are out I might just as well give away this one too. So here goes:

9495 Y-Wing Gold Leader. Included Minifigures are: Dutch Vander, R5-F7 and Ceremonial Princess Leia.

Woo! I was right about the minikit-like small sets!

I don't particularly want another Sebulba, but the Naboo Pilot will definitely be useful, and I see myself buying lots of TIE Pilots. :classic:

As for the other sets... the Droid Escape is probably an improvement because of the Sandtroopers, rather than just C-3PO and R2-D2. Some Jawas or something might have been nice, though. I imagine the Geonosian Cannon as being that sonic turret thing, but it seems a little small so I'm probably wrong.

And a Y-Wing! I'd rather get a Y-Wing over a remake of the X-Wing, because I haven't got one. New Astromech again, yay!

Would "Ceremonial Princess Leia" be the same type as those ceremonial minifigs with the books? I thought they were going to be exclusive and didn't really fit into actual sets, but that's interesting, anyway...

So is this the lot?

Think so. Lovely, isn't it? :wub: (that is, if you're an OT fan) If these sets are all of the same or similar quality of the TIE/ln, I'm going to be spending quite a bit of money next year.

Oh well another cheap year for me. if theres no UCS in Novemeber this year that will be 2 years without buying at new set this time next year!

Oh well another cheap year for me. if theres no UCS in Novemeber this year that will be 2 years without buying at new set this time next year!

The UCS Executor is out September 1st. Unless you're expecting another one this year...?

I'm really loving all this OT goodness.. :thumbup: , It's all the more enjoyable seeing as it was totally unexpected. I figured the first 3D PT would have been the focus.

After the seeing the huge difference in the TIE I'm now so excited to see if they have equally done the same amount of alterations to the X & Y wings... but my god, three OT ships in one go is just something else :sweet:

There are some really intriguing minifigs too...

Endor BP - At long last the stomies are coming back, I wonder if this one will have leg prints like recent clone trooper BP's have had? (ps. I hope this doesn't stop a 4 x storm'y BP at a future date)

Clone Wars BP - All interesting figures, I hope the commando's are as good as the custom ones that are around, and I await to see what type of print they come up with for the ARC + ARF... an all camo design would make this set sell like hot cakes.

Droid Escape - The kind of set I would never have imagined TLG to have gone back to... I'm dreading the idea of large stickers for this, but at long last my beloved sand troopers are back and two of them at that :wub:

I have to agree though that a Dewback with two sand troopers would have been so much better, but hey that might come along one day to.

Geonosian Cannon - I was disapointed that the recent Geonosian ship never included the sonic cannon like the original (which looking back was such a good medium priced little set)... I would love the Geonosian figure to be a different one... and very keen to see the zombie one to. Could be a great set :thumbup:

R5 Droids - well you wait years for one to show up and no less than three suddenly appear... :laugh: Of course we have the cool Imperial one in the TIE set and I'm loving the yellow design of the R5-F7 in the Y-wing and of course the red R5-D8 from the X-wing can double up as the much wanted R5-D4 that blows up from the sandcrawler scene in ANH "This R2 unit has a bad motivator, look" because as quoted from Wooki... The droid (R5-D8) looked exactly like R5-D4, probably because Lucasfilm used the same prop as in the first film.

X-Wing - Love that they have included the much loved Porkins... :sweet: , the Luke would be interesting if they had a double sided head, one side with 'eye visor' down and the other "Use the Force Luke" without :thumbup:

And love how they've 'slipped' in Ceremonial Leia, now the Ceremonial set is complete... :tongue:

Edited by art_apples

Now that's it's backed up, I think this list is pretty reliable now.

The planet thing...the closest that's been released to it is the Ninjago Spinners. These'll probably be good in Brickflims or something though.

Glad the battlepacks are actual 'battle'packs now.

How will the geonosian canon be a set? :wacko: It's pretty small isn't it?

Then I guess we can hope for lots of 'figs, right?

They could always make the cannon a little larger and throw in some other small vehicles.

Then I guess we can hope for lots of 'figs, right?

They could always make the cannon a little larger and throw in some other small vehicles.

Mirander says we are just getting the cannon, Gree, Bariss in a CW version, a geonosian, and a Zombie geonosian.

Mirander says we are just getting the cannon, Gree, Bariss in a CW version, a geonosian, and a Zombie geonosian.

They are prototypes. Minor changes like a few 'figs probably wouldn't be that implausible. Though if that is the final, it really wouldn't be that much different from 8092 if it's a $25 set.

Droid Escape - The kind of set I would never have imagined TLG to have gone back to... I'm dreading the idea of large stickers for this

Oh man....stickers hadn't even occurred to me until now. TLG had better not have the audacity to just slap a few stickers onto this one. :sceptic:

Thanks for the information on the y-wing, whats the price for it?

I really looking foward to the endor battle pack(good way to get rebel commandos)and the y-wing(I missed the last one)

I'm alitle on-and-off about the geonosian cannon(it is small in the movies and I have 3 geonosians and a Barris Offie, I could live without gree), the droid escape(I have the old droid escape and a sandtrooper, I would have to get it if it came with a dewpack), and the jedi interceptor(I have the old one with anakin and I have a Nute Gunray but I don't have an Obi-wan from episode 3 and the interceptor I have is falling apart, I'll most likly get the interceptor though)

I will not get the x-wing(I have the one from 06) and the tie fighter(I made one from the tie advance that came with the death star)

Any news on the one episode 1 set?

The set sounds interesting but I find it strange that it includes only three real figures. R2, Sec. Droid and Mustafar droid (whatever this is supposed to be) are brickbuilt, so they don´t really count as figures. A set with only this few figures for 39,99$ would imply that the starfighter is much bigger than previously (the fighter was included in a 20$ set and was still to small to be included alone). I don´t really see the JSF getting a Grievous Starfighter treatment. At least not a well done.

I find it highly likely that TLG would charge $40 for a Jedi Interceptor in the same style/scale as the old ones. I estimate this set to have about 200-250 parts. Or less. The ETA-2 if well done would take up probably 175-225 parts. The rest of the 50 or so parts or less could be used for the platform or other bit. I count the droids as figs and TLG does too , 6 figs is alot plus add the SE badge and yup I can see $40 easily.

Now one thing worries me is it the TRU or Target exclusives, I hope it is the Target because TRU has ridiculous above MSRP prices I expect probably $50 or more.

I can confirm that that is the list of sets that I have plus two (The Special Edition sets weren't included in that list).

The new concept is called "Build the Galaxy" and consists of a planet, a display stand with a mini and a pilot minifig. The planet also comes with a "hanger" so you can it from the roof or whatever. I estimate that the planets are about 8-10 studs in diameter.

9490 Droid Escape is R2-D2 & C-3PO's escape from Tantive IV crashing on Tatooine. It includes R2-D2, C-3PO, 2 Sand Troopers, the escape pod and a swoop bike.

9491 Geonosian Canon is just what it says. Included minifigures are commander Gree (named "Cree" in the material I was given), a Geonosian Warrior, a Geonosian Zombie and a CW edition of Bariss Offee.

No I wasn't counting the boardgame. Missing from that list is the Special Edition sets. one being 9494 Anakin's Jedi Interceptor. The other set is number 9495. and since All the other ones are out I might just as well give away this one too. So here goes:

9495 Y-Wing Gold Leader. Included Minifigures are: Dutch Vander, R5-F7 and Ceremonial Princess Leia.

Thanks I believed you the whole time btw. :grin:

Now to the sets, you did hint at alot of "Ceremonial MOC's" a while back in this thread, I suspected but brushed it off. The Y-Wing sounds great!

Just baffled at the price range for X-Wing, Y-Wing and TIE as they all seem as $50+ sets :sceptic:

A new droid escape!! I had the original and loved it! will be getting this one for sure, don't mind about no dewback I got an old one.

Now for the new concept, I thought for a minute the planets could be used in a planet display in the Jedi Temple in the scene in AOTC but 8-10 studs is way too big. But they do have other uses, I will probably pass at $10 each.

Fatastic news about the sets and nice to see Mirandir vindicated, well done mate!

Loving the sound of most of the new sets, does anyone else see a Yavin base in our future?!

I'm going to be broke.......................again!

Really excited for a new Y-Wing, my favourite ship in the Star Wars galaxy. To have the X-Wing, Y-Wing and TIE Fighter represented in a single wave is incredible.

I think I will love the planets for 10.00 if the mini vehicles and the figures are picked well.

Edit: Oh, so we already know which sets. Mini Tie and Tie pilot? Sign me in! The only way I am not getting this "planet" set (or even 2) is if the design of the Mini Tie is really, really lame.

Edited by vexorian

Yay confirmed news! :cry_happy:

Planetary sets - They seem pretty cool and neat, I just hope the planets actually visualise the planet that it truly is. The minis is a great idea and putting a really nice minifig in them is good stuff. Im just disappointed by Sebulba because these sets would be great for army building except no one wants a whole lot of Sebulbas. I hope they dont flop like the midi scaled sets.

Mixed Battle Packs - Are a great idea. Sure we don't get to buy multiples of just the rebel or clones but it will make it a lot fairer when there's hundreds of Assassins battle packs sitting there and no Clones battle packs to be seen. And it's great we are getting a BP from both eras. That makes a lot of us incredibly happy. The Endor BP sounds incredible to me. The ratio to rebels to Imperials is just what I was expecting really, we are being treated with 5 minifigs. I hope Lego are able to fix up the Rebel helmets that don't stay on properly.

Geonosian Cannon - Sounds ok to me. It's cool how we can now collect all these CW Geonosis sets to recreate the Geonosis episodes. Adding Gree in there is wonderful and he will definitely be a collectors item one day. I bet he'll look great next to Rex and Cody. A CW Barriss is actually a good idea. Then she will actually look normal next to all the other CW Jedi instead of sticking out like a sore, original thumb. :tongue:

Droid Escape - Finally a remake of this set! :cry_happy: I've always loved the original of this set and always wanted it. Now that it's expanded a little bit is great stuff. I'm definitely getting this set and what would put the icing on the cake is if C3PO and R2 had dirt and grime printing from Tatooine. That would look incredible.

TIE Fighter - Will be amazing, and with the addition of an X-Wing and Y-Wing to the list of sets these will be must haves. Miniifig selection is great and the set has great detail and compares really well to the real thing. The only problem is the bubble cockpit but I'm not really worried about that. I don't understand why they wanted to use that piece when the original TIE cockpit piece is completely fine.

X-Wing - Incredible! :wub: I have the 2006 version and I will still get this one. Why? Porkins! :cry_happy: It's amazing they added such an obscure character to one of their flagship sets. It's cool how they are putting in two droids, one for each pilot. That is really cool because on the 2006 version only R2 was added which meant he was always in there when whoever is piloting. Though FallenAngel, I doubt this is going to be the X-Wing to end all X-Wings. Sure it will be better than the previous one, but it will never be as well designed as the MOCs you rank so highly. I'm guessing we will see disappointment from you when we get the initial pictures.

Y-Wing - Yes! :cry_happy: It's definitely my favourite SW ship of all time so this is a must get for me. I thought the 2006 set was perfect for a system set so any improvements they can see will surely make this a better set. The minifigs are perfect. Another unique droid which is incredible and I can't wait to out all the different droids of 2012 side by side. Ceremonial Leia?! :wub_drool: That's amazing! Icing on the cake! She will look amazing! I'm so glad I have Ceremonial Luke from the Visual Dictionary and I will definitely pick up the book with Ceremonial Han in it now. This will be a must get for sure. Oh so happy.

Anakin's Jedi Interceptor - Amazing minifig selection! Anakin with the evil face is by far the stand out minifig to be. It sounds really awesome. A non-CW Nute Gunray is very welcomed to be. I just wonder how different it will be to the CW version as he's pretty good already. Obi Wan is always a good minifig to pick up. I haven't got a Ep 3 version of him yet so that's a bonus. The Interceptor is a ship we haven't had in ages and its good to get a refresh of it. The green while is an odd colour to have sounds really nice. Can't wait to see pictures of this set.

Board Game - While I'm not a Lego game collector I will be interested to see how this one turns out. I hope they make good micro figs for the game cause a Micro Luke would look so cute! :drool:

So 2012 sounds like it's going to be a great year for Star Wars Lego! I can't wait to find out what's in the next wave. :thumbup:

Thanks for the info Mirandir! Even if it did sound a little dubious at the start. :tongue:

Perhaps the first post needs a bit of a tidy up now? :look:

Loving the sound of most of the new sets, does anyone else see a Yavin base in our future?!

I would LOVE to see that. A Yavin IV Rebel Base set would be fantastic! It appears that things are headed that way, doesn't it? What with a brand new X-Wing, Y-Wing, and TIE Fighter on their way. Between those and 10188 Death Star, you've got everything needed to recreate the last 1/3 of Episode IV. We only need a base! Make it happen, LEGO! :grin:

Can't wait to see what the new X-Wing looks like, especially after how much the TIE Fighter has been improved. I'm glad we're getting a Pilot Luke thrown in as well since I missed out on the updated one in the recent AT-AT set. Plus you gotta love how many astromechs we're getting in the first wave.

Looking forward to seeing the Ceremony Leia and updated ROTS Anakin and Obi-Wan minifigs.