XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

I really like the look of the new lego tie fighter and (if it's not outrageously priced like some of the recent SW sets) I will definitely get it. I love the nice borders around each wing. default_classic.gif

Yes I'm pretty sure as I've seen preliminary pics of both battlepacks. And it seems like LEGO is really up to doing things they haven't done before in next year when it comes to Star Wars. E.g. a whole new type of collectible sets. Not randomly packed stuff like the collectible minifigures but rather things thats supposed to be put on a shelf.

Wow, this information sounds very interesting. Thanks! So, about these collectible sets, what do you mean? Are they normal system sets that come in a collectible box? Because it has been confirmed we will have 6 (non-exclusive) system sets next wave. Are they part of some special line?

I think the 9499 set gonna be "Special Edition" - the TIE F is $50 and will be a $60 set , so Tie F is 9492 and the $60 set is 9493 ,what means 9499 is a Special/Limited E. set. And a $25 set will be 9491 . :classic:

I think the 9499 set gonna be "Special Edition" - the TIE F is $50 and will be a $60 set , so Tie F is 9492 and the $60 set is 9493 ,what means 9499 is a Special/Limited E. set. And a $25 set will be 9491 . :classic:

Ah, good call. So we will have:

9488 - $11.99

9489 - $11.99

9490 - $24.99

9491 - $24.99

9492 - $49.99

9493 - $59.99

9499 (?)

I was quite convinced Amidala would come in the $60 set with an AAT. But I still think it will be an AAT with a STAP and some scenery.

Then I don't know what the SE set could be. Maybe a Theed playset? Because an AAT I think would be big for an SE set.

Ah, good call. So we will have:

9488 - $11.99

9489 - $11.99

9490 - $24.99

9491 - $24.99

9492 - $49.99

9493 - $59.99

9499 (?)

I was quite convinced Amidala would come in the $60 set with an AAT. But I still think it will be an AAT with a STAP and some scenery.

Then I don't know what the SE set could be. Maybe a Theed playset? Because an AAT I think would be big for an SE set.

SE set --> Naboo Royal Starship

Naah, that would be too big. SE sets in the first wave are usually $40-$50.

Flash Speeder with Gungan Patrol ? :sweet:

I'm gone a week and we already have 23 pages on 2012 in July. I love the new TIE, but the new Amidala fig is a no for me, I mean what can you do with it? You can't make an army of her.

I predict these sets will come out this year.

9488 Clone Wars Battle Pack

9489 Endor Battle Pack

9490 Droid Escape

9491 Geonosian Cannon

9492 TIE Fighter

9493 X-Wing

9494 Anakin Skywalker's Jedi Interceptor

9495 Y-Wing Gold Leader

9674 Naboo Starfighter

9675 Sebulba’s Podracer

9676 TIE Interceptor

9496 Desert Skiff

9497 Republic Striker Starfighter

9498 Saesee Tiin’s Jedi Starfighter

9499 Gungan Sub

9500 Fury Class Interceptor

9515 Malevolence

9516 Jabba’s Palace

9526 Palpatine's Arrest

9525 Pre Vizsla's Mandalorian Fighter

3866 Battle of Hoth LEGO Game

10227 B-Wing Starfighter

10225 R2-D2

Edited by Mr Man

I'm gone a week and we already have 23 pages on 2012 in July. I love the new TIE, but the new Amidala fig is a no for me, I mean what can you do with it? You can't make an army of her.

Does a fig have to be an army builder to be any good? Honestly, you can't build an army of Luke Skywalkers either. And besides, we don't have any idea what kind of set she'll be in-- depending on the price, army building with it might not even be feasible if some type of trooper fig were included in Amidala's place.

As for what you can do with it, you can create scenes where Amidala was in that outfit-- something that had previously been impossible without heavy customization. So I welcome the new Amidala fig as a means of filling that vacuum.

Maybe 9493 is a new Gungan sub. Also we might not get Queen Amidala in the first wave.

Edited by LEGOMAN132

Wow, this information sounds very interesting. Thanks! So, about these collectible sets, what do you mean? Are they normal system sets that come in a collectible box? Because it has been confirmed we will have 6 (non-exclusive) system sets next wave. Are they part of some special line?

It's a new concept and isn't included in those "6 system sets". BTW that number doesn't include two Exclusive/special edition sets either. So there's a total of 11 sets in first half year of 2012

It's a new concept and isn't included in those "6 system sets". BTW that number doesn't include two Exclusive/special edition sets either. So there's a total of 11 sets in first half year of 2012

*oh2* Wowsh. So six sytem sets, 2 SEs, and three of the new concept! Thats a lot of sets! I'm very excited to see these new sets. It's always interesting to see TLG start new ideas. Thank you very much for this information. :classic:

Yes I'm pretty sure as I've seen preliminary pics of both battlepacks. And it seems like LEGO is really up to doing things they haven't done before in next year when it comes to Star Wars. E.g. a whole new type of collectible sets. Not randomly packed stuff like the collectible minifigures but rather things thats supposed to be put on a shelf.

Ah, i see. Thanks for sharing this valuable info. Of the animated series stuff BP, one will suffice for me then. Of the Endor BP, i might require quite a few to get a squad of stormies then. However, there's a another good thing about this BP, too: My forests of Endor will grow substantially. :grin: The trees might also find a use for my kingdoms civil sets, either.

To me, all my LEGO sets are supposed to be put on the shelf. Thus i wonder what these new collectibles will be. :oh:

The crome color itself is expensive. It can't be molded into the brick so it'll have to be printed and it scratches real easily so I assume there's a high volume of replacement parts.

Thanks for this enlightening answer. I am sure it looks awesome - for as long as no one touches it. That's kind of a thing to put on a shelf indeed. :wink:

Edited by Ki-Adi-Mundi

Interesting. It sounds a bit like they might be going with the Ninjago approach with individually packed figures, but personally I really hope they don't do that. "Things that are supposed to be put on a shelf" might indicate small models of some sort.

As for the battlepacks, in the case of the Clone one, I'd prefer it if they left out the droids for obvious reasons. I hope the ARC trooper isn't just a regular clone with gear, and the ARF isn't the same as the one we got in the other battlepack. I'm fairly happy about the Endor battlepack though, because I am short of Scout troopers and I don't own any Rebel soldiers.

Sorry if this has been asked a million times but can someone explain what these mean?

TLG

TLC

TFU

EU

OT

BP

SE

Sorry bout the list, lol, newbie here.

Sorry if this has been asked a million times but can someone explain what these mean?

TLG - The LEGO Group

TLC - The LEGO Company

TFU - The Force Unleashed

EU - Expanded Universe

OT - Original Trilogy

BP - Battle Pack

SE - Special Edition

This question should be asked in the general Star Wars questions topic.

TLG

TLC

TFU

EU

OT

BP

SE

TLG = the lego Group

TLC = The lego Company

TFU = The force unleashed

EU = expanded universe

OT = original trilogy or old trilogy

BP = Battlepack

SE = special edition

hope it helped

E: Look like brickbuilder was a bit faster in repleying :laugh:

Edited by Blackknight112

TLG

TLC

TFU

EU

OT

BP

SE

Can't answer the first two, but:

TFU= The Force Unleashed

EU= Expanded Universe

OT= Original Trilogy

BP= Battle Pack

SE= Special Edition

EDIT: Blackknight112 beat me to it...

Edited by commanderneyo

TLG

TLC

TFU

EU

OT

BP

SE

TLG = The LEGO group

TLC = The LEGO company (a misperception of the company's name which is above, AFAIK)

TFU = The Force unleashed, a video game by Lucas Arts. Intended to be expanded universe but was announced to be canon

EU = Expanded universe, stuff of a multitude of novels, basically everything outside the films that George Lucas has not knighted to be canon

OT = Original trilogy, episodes IV to VI

BP = battle pack, packs of usually 4 minifigs with some vehicle/scenery

SE = special edition, a set that is only sold by TLG and some licensed retailers like toys'r us

Hope this helps. :classic:

EDIT: Beaten by two... :blush:

Edited by Ki-Adi-Mundi

Interesting. It sounds a bit like they might be going with the Ninjago approach with individually packed figures, but personally I really hope they don't do that.

Lego can't do individual figures as Hasbro is the only company licensed to produce Star Wars related figures on their own - That's why we always get the 'throw away" vehicle in the battle packs.

I'm a bit disappointed by the rumoured change to the battle packs - Means you have to buy a lot more to build a decent army/squad and you might end up with a 'side' army you don't really want...

Kaitan

I'm a bit disappointed by the rumoured change to the battle packs - Means you have to buy a lot more to build a decent army/squad and you might end up with a 'side' army you don't really want...

Bingo. That's why I think TLG is doing it too, more money to be made.