XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Has anyone noticed that the Tie pilot actually has a face and not a black head piece ? :wink:

I did notice that although it's a little hard to make out his expression. He's either smiling or grinning maniacally. I would also say that he is wearing a balaclava under his flight helmet.

Edit: Loving the new droid head too. I hope that gets released as a red and white version for the ANH droid whose motivator blows at the Lars/Skywalker residence.

Edited by afosl

Regarding price: $24.99 is ridiculous and wishful thinking. With the new size scale of the TIE plus all those exclusive figs, PLUS with the added license inflation factor, this is easily a $40-50 set. Which is too much.

And that's a shame, because it's a pretty sweet design, and the figs are amazing. I'm just sick of paying too much money for rehashes of sets I already have, all in the name of a new figure design. If I can get this on sale near the end of its shelf life, then I'll certainly jump on it. But I will NOT pay full price for that-- there's too many amazing sets already being hinted about, none the least of which involve the new superhero theme.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lego Star Wars take a huge hit this year, and it's gonna be a classic case of Lego competing against itself.

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

All very nice! That said, I'm getting a bit frustrated by the various updates to uniform components.

Excellent, finally I can add an Imperial Officer to my collection. I've been wanting one since I started collecting Lego Star Wars back in '06 or '07.

Oh wow, that TIE looks great. The new astro is pretty cool as well. What drives me nuts is the summer 2011 wave is released just now and I already don't care, I am excited for 2012 :laugh: .

I am interested to see what they end up coming out with. My guess is there will be some great sets for Phantom Menace.

Okay so with 6 new sets i think its safe to say that two of those will be battlepacks, which leaves us with four, and half will be clone wars, half will be phantom menace, and the exclusives will probably be one clone wars, and one phantom menace. I hope we get more than just battlepacks for the original trilogy.

which leaves us with four, and half will be clone wars, half will be phantom menace, and the exclusives will probably be one clone wars, and one phantom menace. I hope we get more than just battlepacks for the original trilogy.

The TIE Fighter is confirmed, so there are only 3 sets left for CW/TPM. I guess the TIE will be at 50$, which leaves a 70$ set and two 30/25 $ sets. Since the battle packs are likely to be OT (Endor, you know) I doubt that these 3 sets will contain any other OT sets. Still, half of the sets being from the old trilogy seems like quite a success after all the CW stuff we got lately...

Bit late to the party guys, but like they say, better late than never, right? :laugh:

As you probably know, I ain't no OT collector. But, I must say that Tie Fighter looks swell (great). The R5, Pilot and Trooper look great. Imperial Officer is same old Imperial Officer, which I have a few of stashed away somewhere.

The Amidala figure looks beautiful. Love that figure. Maybe this means a re-designed Gian Speeder (Flash), with some Naboo troops?

Hopefully some good CW sets in the January wave to keep me happy. Phase 2 clones would get me hysterical if they made some already (in a good way) :grin:

Looking forward to seeing the full list for January

This tie looks great, the cockpit needs a bit of work. But the wings are amazing. I guess the tie and the bp. will be the only OT sets released in winter 2012.

I so much hope in 2012 gonna be EP II sets !

maybe one of the six sets will be EP II. i hope!!!

Obi's JSF , Tuskenraider encounter , Homing spider droid repaints, something

or in summer Jango's Slave 1 , SPHA , Bounty hunter pursuit , hailfire droid repaint

Summer : i say , the big OT summer set will be : Imperial Star Destroyer -> 90%

Only I like Ep II sets??????

Edited by nrg

maybe one of the six sets will be EP II. i hope!!!

Obi's JSF , Tuskenraider encounter , Homing spider droid repaints, something

or in summer Jango's Slave 1 , SPHA , Bounty hunter pursuit , hailfire droid repaint

Summer : i say , the big OT summer set will be : Imperial Star Destroyer -> 90%

Only I like Ep II sets??????

If that is true,this could mean a new Jango fett! :cry_happy:

So with TPM coming out,I could see some more sets coming out

maybe the fight scene at the end :cry_happy: now THAT would make my day

The next big set might be a new MTT. Winter or summer, i think this will come in 2012.

By the way, what are the sources for these endor battlepacks? I thought it was just what we wanted? Is it confirmed?

This pic tells us they do. :sweet:

[snip]

This set just gets better and better. :excited:

I don't see whats wrong with the new window piece? It seems like it's just on an odd angle in a couple of those pictures, but it'll look right when it's completely folded down?

It'll stick out too far even when folded down.

Has anyone noticed that the Tie pilot actually has a face and not a black head piece ? :wink:

Yup. I like. Except that it's a new style face, but I already expected that.

Regarding price: $24.99 is ridiculous and wishful thinking. With the new size scale of the TIE plus all those exclusive figs, PLUS with the added license inflation factor, this is easily a $40-50 set. Which is too much.

Agreed. Vader's 10th Anniversary TIE was $29.99, so I'm thinking at least $34.99 for this set.

If any, I really think we'd get Clones sets only in the Summer Wave. I don't think there'll be room for any in the Winter Wave.

Okay, well I haven't seen a proper summary of the wave yet, so here goes:

Endor Rebel Battle pack (?) $11.99

Scout/Storm Trooper Battle Pack (?) $11.99

(?) $24.99

(?) $24.99

TIE Fighter $49.99

(?) $59.99

(?) $39.99-$49.99 (Retailer Exclusive)

I think we will get a Tan colored AAT as the $60 set, maybe with a STAP.

But also, it's possible the TIE is a retailer exclusive.

What exciting news! The new R5 head piece is great, as is the Death Star Trooper's new helmet (which means I'll have to get an extra to go with the trooper from my Battle of Endor set!). The new Queen Amidlal minifigure is plastic Art. I love it! :wub:

Now I'm eagerly awaiting new of the sets she'll come with. Maybe w'll get a better Nute Gunray minifigure, and a Rune Haako! I also can't wait for news of the Battle packs... Endor battle packs would make sense as next year should have an OT or PT battle pack, but Naboo battle packs would also make sense, what do you guys (and gals) thinks?

Agreed. Vader's 10th Anniversary TIE was $29.99, so I'm thinking at least $34.99 for this set.

Personally, I'm thinking somewhere between $24.99 to $34.99. My thinking is TLG knows there's a large group of people who will love the details and figs of this set, so they don't really need to puhs it that high.

Excellent, finally I can add an Imperial Officer to my collection. I've been wanting one since I started collecting Lego Star Wars back in '06 or '07.

They don't have bricklink on your planet?

Wow... cool... I'm not really into Star Wars anymore, and I rarely read SW updates on the frontpage but... I'm very interested in that Queen Amidala minifig...

Personally, I'm thinking somewhere between $24.99 to $34.99. My thinking is TLG knows there's a large group of people who will love the details and figs of this set, so they don't really need to puhs it that high.

For everyone guessing a low proce of 25-35 bucks, how are you getting that number? Is is just wishful thinking?

Look at the Naboo N-1...heck, look at the TIE Defender. The new TIE set will have a high amount of pieces and two new minifgs. There's no way this set isn't in the 50-60 range.

For everyone guessing a low proce of 25-35 bucks, how are you getting that number? Is is just wishful thinking?

Look at the Naboo N-1...heck, look at the TIE Defender. The new TIE set will have a high amount of pieces and two new minifgs. There's no way this set isn't in the 50-60 range.

Yeah, but they weren't sure if either of those would sell well. The TIE Defender was an EU set. The N-1 was mediocre with some pretty lousy featrues. So they bumped up the price, hoping they'd get more money from the few who would buy it.

Okay, well I haven't seen a proper summary of the wave yet, so here goes:

Endor Rebel Battle pack (?) $11.99

Scout/Storm Trooper Battle Pack (?) $11.99

(?) $24.99

(?) $24.99

TIE Fighter $49.99

(?) $59.99

I think we will get a Tan colored AAT as the $60 set, maybe with a STAP.

But also, it's possible the TIE is a retailer exclusive.

Where are you getting those prices from? Have I missed something?

They don't have bricklink on your planet?

Some people prefer not to BL if they don't absolutely have to.

This pic tells us they do. :sweet:

Yay! Interesting to finally see a head print on a helmeted figure. Though I don't like it that much, it could be useful.

The Astromech seems to have the same body as R2-Q5, but the new head more than makes up for that.

The only thing that really looks odd about the TIE is the cockpit, as it sticks out too much and looks a bit too rounded. That, and the fact that the new TIE Fighter looks more impressive than the TIE Advanced which I already own. :laugh: