-R8-

MOC: Female Mannequin

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

It's been a while since I've created a "serious" sculpture. I've always admired the works of Nathan Sawaya, Sean Kenney and the like, who are able to flawlessly replicate the natural beauty of a human body out of a geometric medium. I attempted to create a female mannequin and try to mimic the human form with rectangular bricks as much as possible.

5967771522_689b93e652_z.jpg

One of the challenges was replicating the natural curves on the human body out of bricks. This was done by creating slight gradients, so that when viewed from afar it would mimic the form as much as possible.

5967215867_734a651e23.jpg5967771798_24166dd2af.jpg

5967215945_39bd27c40e.jpg5967771674_40eeb3fd43.jpg

Very rarely is the human body seen as one of nature's masterpieces, as opposed to an exploitable object. Everyone is beautiful in their own way, and I think that's the point I'm trying to get across :classic:

Comments and constructive criticism are most welcome.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Should I repeat what I said in the greatest forum ever? Perhaps not, I don't think they would appreciate the humor involved.

I will repeat at least half though...

I once heard that you may be Micheal Angelo reincarnated, could be dejavu though.

Though I do think other things when I look at an others creation of their perception of reality. Perhaps we need to look at this from the eye of the builder. If so, then I must say, you need to get out more buddy, or at least raise your standards.

All puns aside, you are him, and welcome back to the world my exponentially creative friend.

That's what I like to see: more LEGO art. :thumbup:

You've done a great job in rendering the human form in bricks - not an easy accomplishment. Not everyone will agree on the perfect size and shape, but I think that is your point.

My only suggestion for improvement would be to make the 'knickers' sit flush with the rest of the body; otherwise the torso looks a little full in the crotch area! :laugh:

From the front it looks very good. Although I do agree that the knickers need to sit a bit more flush. It also looks like there is only one central buttock.....

Cheers

Rog

My only suggestion for improvement would be to make the 'knickers' sit flush with the rest of the body; otherwise the torso looks a little full in the crotch area! :laugh:

That's exactly what I was thinking, what on earth is she(?) hiding in there? :laugh:

Other than that, great job on the sculpting at that scale. Love the belly button :sweet:.

Thanks for the comments, everyone. They were hilarious to read!

I once heard that you may be Micheal Angelo reincarnated, could be dejavu though.

You mean Michelangelo? :laugh: I don't think anyone can live up to his greatness, but that is a very nice thing to say.

From the front it looks very good. Although I do agree that the knickers need to sit a bit more flush. It also looks like there is only one central buttock.....

That's exactly what I was thinking, what on earth is she(?) hiding in there? :laugh:

In retrospect, you're all completely right! I'm not sure why I didn't think of that as I was making it :wacko:

Thanks for the constructive feedback, everyone - Eurobricks is the best place for that!