Sign in to follow this  
teabox

A noble man and his mistress going away to his summer castle.

My first attempt at an medieval carriage.

5960930694_0b903a4fd8_z.jpg

5960930756_0721d83723_o.jpg

5960378807_401ce0bfb8_o.jpg

When I designed it I wanted to try to make it as compact as possible. The goal was to keep it 4 studs wide, have space for two people and still have a working door.

The reins is an addition that I would like some feedback on. I never really liked the empty space between the coachman and the horse. So that why I added the two "fishing lines" to connect them two. Would like to know if people think it's an improvement or not.

The reins is an addition that I would like some feedback on. I never really liked the empty space between the coachman and the horse. So that why I added the two "fishing lines" to connect them two. Would like to know if people think it's an improvement or not.

I really like the reins. It definitely adds something to the overall appearance. Better, than just using a whip. :thumbup:

Maybe they could be connected to the horse like in this set:

King's Battle Chariot

But i guess, the fishing lines are a little bit to long for that?

Edited by ThunderChild

I like it! Its very believable and has a beautiful shape. Also, I like the golden curtain and the round roof. It even hosts four minifigs without looking crammed!

One thing that struck my eye ist the 2x2 gray tile between horse and carriage, and the gray parts inside the horse. Maybe there could be more continuity in colour if some of that were black or dark blue.

I like it! Its very believable and has a beautiful shape. Also, I like the golden curtain and the round roof. It even hosts four minifigs without looking crammed!

One thing that struck my eye ist the 2x2 gray tile between horse and carriage, and the gray parts inside the horse. Maybe there could be more continuity in colour if some of that were black or dark blue.

Nice work 'teabox', I too though feel brown or black components instead of the grey's might be more realistic ! :wink:

In any case great design job there and Brick On 'teabox' ! :grin:

It definitely looks royal. I like the side curtain and the fact it has a working door instead of removing the roof for playability. The colors work well with the theme, and it still has room for their belongings and an armed guard. Great work. I don't know how they used to pull carriages back in the day, but maybe two horses might be better? I don't know, this looks good, I just don't know the strength of this particular horse haha.