Phantoka_Chirox

Superheroes 2012

Iron man and The Joker are the best.Joker can be used as some large besh toy for the minifigure Joker :classic: .

Edited by MantaMan

Ugh, I don't like Joker at all. Those huge shoulders, those spikes, those gray parts, that two-colored lightning tie... And what the heck is that weapon he is holding supposed to be? Some sort of suction-cup dart gun? :wacko:

Cap looks decent, although he also suffers from ginormous shoulders and a too stylized head. :sceptic:

I wonder if there were image of the other constructable minifig scale building sets?? :sweet:

Sadly no, not yet. Those don't have anything to do with this topic anyway.

Captain America looks (aside from the head, something seems missing there...) quite good.

But Hulk has still silver shoulders. ZORK not happy about weird Hulk colours!

Though I'm also worried about the price tag, they're after all way more easy to bend in than Ben 10 was with Bionicle. Ben 10 looked stylewise completely different to Bionicle, but there weren't much sets to experiment with that new style (besides, all of them were blatantly overpriced). I'd actually like to see more of the Ben 10 pieces again in new colours (thus I'm happy that every once in a while a few Ben10 pieces get reused and recoloured for Hero Factory).

But I still want Lobo. XD

yeah hulk doesn't have fingers yet either, you can see that he's exactly the same prototype from comic con, with the head an' all. I do wish he was lantern green, and if they were gonna do that they wouldn't have painted the brand new parts lime. still hopeful for purple pants and beefier legs though :wink:

The bionicle chains are back full force in the hero factory hand cuffs! whether or not official lobo happens, this gets us that much closer :sweet:

Ugh, I don't like Joker at all. Those huge shoulders, those spikes, those gray parts, that two-colored lightning tie... And what the heck is that weapon he is holding supposed to be? Some sort of suction-cup dart gun? :wacko:

Cap looks decent, although he also suffers from ginormous shoulders and a too stylized head. :sceptic:

yeah some of these heads are going straight to the pay it forward free parts topic

That Brickshelf page is not working, anyway here you have another link: SUPERHEROES 2012

These sets or action figures are... Man... Is not the best of Lego, they can do it better, we all know that. They are not 100% accurate with respect to the original characters, they look like massive warriors. Captain America is very bulky, too much. But, the good side is that now we (ok, you) will have a lot of recolored and new pieces... This is not a bad idea, but it could be better.

They are supposed to look bulky and blocky. The idea is to have buildable versions of the heroes. They could go the megabloks way and just make action figures that have detachable heads and would look accurate. But they tried to make it about construction toys over anything.

But what the hay is going on with Captain America's arms and head? He looks like Stan Smith from American Dad.

Actually, I already thought that about Batman's face. XD

Too bad that Batman really won't get a cape. But hey, I still got King Jayko's cape somewhere, that should do it as well.

The bionicle chains are back full force in the hero factory hand cuffs! whether or not official lobo happens, this gets us that much closer :sweet:

I'll cross my fingers for that.

And after Lobo, we need a Marvel Vs. Capcom Line so that I can get LEGO Zero. And after that, we need... yes it will be almost impossible for LEGO to get all those licenses I want. XD

Make the nightmares end. This must be how the Joker sees reality! That aside, Batman is the best looking in my opinion. Aside from his skeletal wings, he still has pretty good proportions. Iron man is okay, if only because he has an excuse to be so inorganic.

Make the nightmares end. This must be how the Joker sees reality! That aside, Batman is the best looking in my opinion. Aside from his skeletal wings, he still has pretty good proportions. Iron man is okay, if only because he has an excuse to be so inorganic.

The only thing that puts me off about Batman is his pudgy face, otherwise I think I'll be getting him.

That said - seems the Hulk's retaining those gunmetal plates. Why, Lego, why? He could have been the best one of them all if those plates were lime green instead.

The only thing that puts me off about Batman is his pudgy face, otherwise I think I'll be getting him.

That said - seems the Hulk's retaining those gunmetal plates. Why, Lego, why? He could have been the best one of them all if those plates were lime green instead.

To be fair, the Marvel pics here seem to be in the same prototype stage as they were at Comic-Con, as opposed to the DC pics which look like finalized renders. Note the texture of the faces of Hulk and Iron Man. So there is still a possibility of a change. Personally, though, if I were to make any changes to Hulk I'd give him actual fingers. Looks a bit weird without them. The armor could easily just be explained away as the sort of improbable costume changes action figure designers make all the dang time.

Agreed, he has a nice organic feel, except for those wretched gunmetal shoulders.

To be fair, the Marvel pics here seem to be in the same prototype stage as they were at Comic-Con, as opposed to the DC pics which look like finalized renders. Note the texture of the faces of Hulk and Iron Man. So there is still a possibility of a change. Personally, though, if I were to make any changes to Hulk I'd give him actual fingers. Looks a bit weird without them. The armor could easily just be explained away as the sort of improbable costume changes action figure designers make all the dang time.

I think regular hands would look to small on the Hulk, and would throw off his muscle hound design. His "fists" may have no possibility, but they look to me like they were built for war. And since to me Hulk is more of a raw power guy rather than a tool user, I think it works well. Now only if he was grey...

Agreed, he has a nice organic feel, except for those wretched gunmetal shoulders.

I think regular hands would look to small on the Hulk, and would throw off his muscle hound design. His "fists" may have no possibility, but they look to me like they were built for war. And since to me Hulk is more of a raw power guy rather than a tool user, I think it works well. Now only if he was grey...

I wasn't saying regular hands would be preferable-- I'd rather if they made Exo-Force robot arms in lime green for him, to clip onto the fist pieces. As it is, I guess his hands look adequately fistlike from certain angles, but the bars between the "fingers" are distracting to me.

Meanwhile, if the gunmetal plates do stay then I think the reason why is obvious. He's a large set with a fair number of new parts and parts in new colors already. Modern set design is usually done within a certain budget, and chances are that for the price point of these Super Hero sets having that many pieces produced in lime could be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

If it gets continued to another season? Maybe we will get War Machine and Grey Hulk eventually. Not likely, but hey, may as well dream,eh...

Edited by BrotherDog

They are supposed to look bulky and blocky. The idea is to have buildable versions of the heroes. They could go the megabloks way and just make action figures that have detachable heads and would look accurate. But they tried to make it about construction toys over anything.

It's not the bulkiness that bothers me. They could have used these HF parts and still made them look somewhat accurate, but instead, they made weird looking heads and added giant shoulder pads onto them. :sceptic:

It's not the bulkiness that bothers me. They could have used these HF parts and still made them look somewhat accurate, but instead, they made weird looking heads and added giant shoulder pads onto them. :sceptic:

I don't think the heads look weird-- IMO, it's just a tasteful stylization to make it so the Hero Factory parts don't look unusually blocky compared to the heads. There are a lot of TV shows where characters are just as heavily stylized. As for the unusual armor, it's normal for action figures to depict characters in armor they never wore or would never have any reason to wear, just to make the end product more unique compared to other toys on the market. I think giving Batman mechanical-looking "bat wings" or Hulk some type of "power armor" on his shoulders is much less egregious than some other toys on the market.

I don't think the heads look weird-- IMO, it's just a tasteful stylization to make it so the Hero Factory parts don't look unusually blocky compared to the heads. There are a lot of TV shows where characters are just as heavily stylized. As for the unusual armor, it's normal for action figures to depict characters in armor they never wore or would never have any reason to wear, just to make the end product more unique compared to other toys on the market. I think giving Batman mechanical-looking "bat wings" or Hulk some type of "power armor" on his shoulders is much less egregious than some other toys on the market.

I suppose you're right.

. :laugh:

While looking at the new picture this thought occured to me: Could Hulk's silver armor be representing his classic ripped shirt? I know it's a stretch, it looks nothing like a shirt, but it's an idea nonetheless.

Woah, woah, woah. Hold on!

Look at all the transparent pieces on Joker's Gun (not sure if this has been brought up already. Haven't read the posts). And, I can't tell, but it also looks like he may have a transparent "engine" cladding piece (sorry for my ignorance of part names) on his gun.

So far, Joker and Iron Man are the only ones who I'm considering getting (and even still, it'd be for parts). Iron Man for that lovely gold and the gattling gun with the hose, and Joker for the purple and now that I see it, transparent parts.

Kalhiki

I think Joker's gun is just Iron Man's gattling gun in trans-orange.

I think Joker's gun is just Iron Man's gattling gun in trans-orange.

Well, the part Kalhiki is referring to isn't that part, but rather the other piece used for Iron Man's gatling gun-- 92215. I wonder if the part on the very front-- the sort of suction-cup-shaped thing-- is a new, finalized part. It kind of reminds me of the lasers/sensors from Insectoids, only solid and straight. But it could be just a lightsaber blade and a radar dish-- which, if the lightsaber blade were in trans-yellow, wouldn't be a bad thing... :devil:

Meanwhile, the part you're referring to seems trans-yellow to me, not trans-orange. But I could be wrong.

Edited by Aanchir