Phantoka_Chirox

Superheroes 2012

I wonder if there will be more buildable figures past this first series. Logic would dictate so, but if so, that means this will possibly be an ongoing series.

Depends on how successful it is sales-wise.

Given the small number of Ben 10-pieces which were re-used, I would only expect a quite small number of the Superheroes parts in the next HF-wave. But maybe I'll be wrong on this. I actually hope I am, because if the pieces get rereleased in Hero Factory, they'll cost far less.

I was thinking more of the recolored shells, like Batman's shoulder's or the green shells on Green Lantern, but I wouldn't doubt if a lot of pieces stayed exclusive to the Superhero lime.

I was thinking more of the recolored shells, like Batman's shoulder's or the green shells on Green Lantern, but I wouldn't doubt if a lot of pieces stayed exclusive to the Superhero lime.

Ah... I see. Yeah sure, if there already green shells, odds are quite good for a mata green hero. Or at least that TLC put those shells into Pick-a-Brick or the Recon Team.

Hello, for the better or worse, a close pic of Lantern and a view of Joker's head...

linternjoker.jpg

(source)

Heh, there it is. Just what I expected it to be. One of the craziest things in the world I ever seen.

Hm, kinda weird looking, just like the rest of the Superhero heads. But I guess that's a good thing in the case of the Joker. Still, it's not quite what I hoped it would be. Let's hope we'll see the rest of the fig soon.

I can already see all that purple on the Joker :wub:

Ha, you beat me to it :grin: yes indeed.

I feel like it's important to have a set template for these overly unique character heads - maybe not something as bland as the large knights kingdom heads, but something where some core parts can be swapped and customized - i'd even be cool with the faces molded if they followed basic time honored lego design styles for the facial features and came separate from the hair or headgear.

And come to think of it, there could have even been a bar-based, Potato-Head style head building system, providing new system-friendly parts (they could have done a cool geometric eye mask with open stud apertures, for example)

After a number of them would be released, you could really start mocking up some other characters as combos with mix and match. but they're all multicolor, 1pc, character specific, and styled from forgettable to nightmarishly shameful

But toss the heads and mien gott, I want them all.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

I feel like it's important to have a set template for these overly unique character heads - maybe not something as bland as the large knights kingdom heads, but something where some core parts can be swapped and customized - i'd even be cool with the faces molded if they followed basic time honored lego design styles for the facial features and came separate from the hair or headgear. And come to think of it, there could have even been a bar-based, Potato-Head style head building system.

I agree. The heads are very different from what I originally expected. Then again, I was expecting a robotic-like head with a mask. :laugh:

Okay, I have just got back from my holiday and these greet me. Ewww. Okay, Iron Man and Green Lantern are possibly worth purchasing but the Hulk and Batman are yuk. Part recolours however may change my mind. The minifigures are awesome but I pray these havent sidelined Hero Factory.

Joker's head looks good to me. I expected something that looks a tiny bit more like Joker in the Animated Series, but it looks quite cool and fits to the rest of the heroes.

...but I still want Lobo and Deadpool. And Zero. XD

Btw, I think Iron Man would look better with smaller shoulder armour. Oh, and why on earth use all of the heroes black limbs instead of coloured ones? Coloured limbs could be a great and both easy way to improve the colour scheme of all the heroes.

Hehe, Joker looks like he's on meth. Surely that's not a great message to be sending out?

I can see the headlines now.

LEGO Group encourages preteen drug abuse with new Joker figure!

The joker must have inhaled so much of the special chemicals he is always trying to infect Gotham with that he is permanently like that :)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ersterpoboy/herofact/dscf1417.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ersterpoboy/herofact/dscf1409.jpg

Decided to try my hand at this 'bout half a week after the news

Edited by Brickthing
Changed MASSIVE pictures to links. Please resize them to under 800x600 if you want to show them in the topic!

It will be nice to see some bandai cooperated products.Like pokemon or One Piece.Like in megabloks.

Guess there will be mandarin.

I guess this is for real. Perhaps, maybe, in a later season they could hopefully do some Amalgam sets. Nightclaw and Hyena would awesome. Kinda sad they're going with those hokey looking heads though.

Edited by BrotherDog

Do you guys think Iron Man's chest plate attaches to his bones the same way as the HF ones?

I guess this is for real. Perhaps, maybe, in a later season they could hopefully do some Amalgam sets. Nightclaw and Hyena would awesome. Kinda sad they're going with those hokey looking heads though.

Yes, Dark Claw would be cool to see. Not a chance in the world though

I would love to see Amalgam! It's not very likely right now, but then again, who would've said that the Marvel vs. DC series was possible? :grin:

Yeah, but the comics companies play dirty against one another nowatimes. Really dirty. Like Marvel giving comic shops exclusive issues for shredding a number of DC books.

And Oky, I hadn't considered any other possibilities... Should I not think it does?

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

No, I guess not. I just wanted to make sure by asking the action figure experts around here. :wink:

And since this has turned into a wishlist thread, let me be the first to say that I'd like to see Spider Man as a buildable figure. I probably wouldn't buy it, and it probably wouldn't look good like most of these figures, but it's possible and would still be interesting to see.

But more than anything I want War Machine! :wub_drool: It would just be a recolored Iron Man, but still!