jasonsmith

10179 UCS Falcon Pricing

Watched a brand new boxed one of these go on eBay yesterday for £1,270 + £30 postage (totalling around 1,485 Euro or 2,050 USD) that's the most I've ever seen one sell for. Suddenly becoming quite tempting to sell mine.

One went for over $2100 Australian the other week. I was shocked to say the least

Hi

i had to found out that some people on ebay obviously trying to make money with "rebuild" MFs. Some of them are fair and post that in the headlight, some are not that fair a pretend to have a "brandnewnerverusedbestcondition-original" MF but without box and without instructions. Can you tell me why everything should be so new and never used but it is not in sealed bags anymore? Additional to that all parts are sorted as you would do if you had placed a big bricklink purchase.

A had forgot to mention that the fair one ebay sellers auction is around 400€, just a couple of hours left. The other one would like to have around 1300, but no bids at the moment...

I do not post the original ebay links because i do not want to hurt anybody.

Dino

Strand I get that this (EB, Lego etc) plays a large roll in your life, I can feel your passion within your post. I apologize for all out disagreeing with you as I feared it may evoke a response like above, I should have stated "in my opinion". It is not my intention in the least to try and convince you of my beliefs on the subject, not that I could considering what you think of me... What's the point in playing after that card has been put down.

I didn't mean to go on some rant, but after seeing these types of threads crop up almost seasonally after every big item has come and gone, it does wear thin. No-one's case is any more special than anyone else's. Those who bought this at retail had to give up just as much as you guys do. At the time the UCS was coming out, I had an exam-filled year of full-time medical school and no income, I practically had to live off ramen for a month to afford it and I'm sure most UCS Falcon story begins with its owner making some kind of sacrifice. This is why I take issue with the mentality where if disgruntled fans missed out on something, they will sometimes assume the 'haves' are attempting to deny them their rights, because they maliciously want to exploit the resale market for financial gain.

The frustrating part is that when the falcon was (relatively) cheap in the states, our exchange rate was terrible. Now that it's gotten better you can't find them under $1k USD anyway.

On a happier note I've managed to arrange to get the parts shipped to a friend in the states, who will then forward them on to me. Not too bad either, ~$120 for most of the rarer parts from the set. Though if someone is in a generous mode and feels like giving me the number from the back of the book I'd be eternally grateful, as that'd let me get the sticker sheet too :)

On a happier note I've managed to arrange to get the parts shipped to a friend in the states, who will then forward them on to me. Not too bad either, ~$120 for most of the rarer parts from the set. Though if someone is in a generous mode and feels like giving me the number from the back of the book I'd be eternally grateful, as that'd let me get the sticker sheet too :)

I've just checked my manual and the sticker sheet isn't included within the parts list. However, I've still got mine on the original backing sheet which has a barcode along one side. I'll PM you :classic:

Edited by Lobot

ok im a litlle confused here been trying to make a 100% complete set with all the right parts using bricklink and lego customer service.

i cant figure out what round pin connector is the right one to use.

pin connector with slot

which is the cheap one and the one you get from lego

or this one

pin connector without slot

which is impossible to find or very expensive

could it be that one of the first production runs had the non slot type and the later productions had the slot type??

ok im a litlle confused here been trying to make a 100% complete set with all the right parts using bricklink and lego customer service.

i cant figure out what round pin connector is the right one to use.

pin connector with slot

which is the cheap one and the one you get from lego

or this one

pin connector without slot

which is impossible to find or very expensive

could it be that one of the first production runs had the non slot type and the later productions had the slot type??

The one with the slot is the one you want. The other is no longer being produced. I think I asked the question somewhere in this thread a while ago but it seems as though most peoples sets came with the slotted ones.

So am I to understand that I can just call customer service and request a boatload of "replacement" parts and they will do that? So I could order 60 levers no problem?

You can order parts up to the quantities that are in the set. So 60 levers, 41 connectors etc. Some of the customer service people will allow you to get a lot more, some will allow you to get just a few more to be safe. They only seem to care about the minifigs, they have advised me on many occasions for different sets that they are keeping track and will only allow them to be purchased once, which is fair IMO. Others experiences may differ, try and see what happens.

Edited by jasonsmith

So am I to understand that I can just call customer service and request a boatload of "replacement" parts and they will do that? So I could order 60 levers no problem?

Yes, that is exactly what I did. Of course when you 'request" them you need to pay for them, so its not like Lego is losing out or anything.

Just do your research before buying any pieces from either Bricklink or from Lego directly.

The more rare pieces are worth buying directly from Lego. Also, if there is a piece that's sold very sporadically on Bricklink (meaning you'd have to place lots of orders from different sellers just to get them all), it's probably worth the small extra price to get them all from Lego.

Yes i knew I of course would pay for them. I just wanted to make sure they were OK with order whole lots of pieces from a set through the replacement service. So i can say hey i need 40 Technic 1x16 bricks, 60 levers etc. and they would allow it. It just feels a little wrong to me as it is a replacement parts service and I'm not replacing anything just buying a lot extra. Thanks for the info. Guess I need to get busy.

Yes, that is exactly what I did. Of course when you 'request" them you need to pay for them, so its not like Lego is losing out or anything.

Yes i knew I of course would pay for them. I just wanted to make sure they were OK with order whole lots of pieces from a set through the replacement service. So i can say hey i need 40 Technic 1x16 bricks, 60 levers etc. and they would allow it. It just feels a little wrong to me as it is a replacement parts service and I'm not replacing anything just buying a lot extra. Thanks for the info. Guess I need to get busy.

Yes, they are perfectly okay with that. I am waiting for my very last order from Lego; it consists of about 8-10 different parts, totaling 100-150 pieces.

Well I placed an order this morning and looks like the radar dish is out of stock :( and some other elems can't remember off hand.

I just talked to Lego customer service and I was told the same thing - that the radar dish is out of stock. Anybody has an extra you'd like to sell/trade, please let me know. Thanks.

I just talked to Lego customer service and I was told the same thing - that the radar dish is out of stock. Anybody has an extra you'd like to sell/trade, please let me know. Thanks.

Looks like I decided to piece this together at just the right time!

If I was you, better hurry up and grab one of them off Bricklink. Only 5 listed on there!

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=50990pb03

Looks like I decided to piece this together at just the right time!

If I was you, better hurry up and grab one of them off Bricklink. Only 5 listed on there!

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=50990pb03

It's ridicolous how the price for the dish exploded! I bought one almost 2month ago for about 3$ from BL(of course it was new),and now the prices start at 14something? It seems like since this thread was opened a lot of people started bricklinking the MF! Glad i started ahead of time. :tongue:

It's ridicolous how the price for the dish exploded! I bought one almost 2month ago for about 3$ from BL(of course it was new),and now the prices start at 14something? It seems like since this thread was opened a lot of people started bricklinking the MF! Glad i started ahead of time. :tongue:

Yea I am so happy I decided to start this when I did! I wanted to start it earlier but I thought it was going to take a lot more time than it did.

Right now I am just waiting for hte 1x16 Dark bluish grey technic bricks, the yellow technic L brackets, and the grey levers to arrive from Lego and I will get started! :laugh:

Please people, don't pay any ridiculous prices on BL. Lego stock goes in and out, it's worth to check back later. Especially for the dish which is outside and can be added at the end.

Please people, don't pay any ridiculous prices on BL. Lego stock goes in and out, it's worth to check back later. Especially for the dish which is outside and can be added at the end.

That is true, but I'm not sure it would be true with a rare piece like the radar dish. The Falcon is the only set which the radar dish appears in so I am not sure they would produce more of that part just to keep as inventory.

I can't make myself buy the radar dish off BL right now. It is just too expensive. For the sellers that has more than 10 of it, they probably used the same Lego customer service, and now it is out-of-stock. Anyway, I already finished bulding my UCS MF and using a 10x10 dish from 7748 tank droid as a replacement (for now).

That is true, but I'm not sure it would be true with a rare piece like the radar dish. The Falcon is the only set which the radar dish appears in so I am not sure they would produce more of that part just to keep as inventory.

That's what I am afraid of, that it is discontinued already. Crossing fingers here hoping to get a chance to get it at a decent price.

That's what I am afraid of, that it is discontinued already. Crossing fingers here hoping to get a chance to get it at a decent price.

Yea I am afraid that if Lego Customer Service does not have any left in stock that it is discontinued.

If you really cannot afford to buy it off of Bricklink right now, then use this. It is the same piece, just mine the printing. Still better than nothing!

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=50990

Yea I am afraid that if Lego Customer Service does not have any left in stock that it is discontinued.

If you really cannot afford to buy it off of Bricklink right now, then use this. It is the same piece, just mine the printing. Still better than nothing!

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=50990

Yes, I am considering that piece as an alternate.

Anyway, I sent you a private message yesterday regarding an arch piece.