madoka

Batman coming back

Just came back from holiday. First I read the news of the Statue of Liberty being featured in minifigs series six and now I read about this upcoming LEGO DC/Marvel line.... I never would've dared to dream this was coming!

I couldn't be a happier camper!

LEGO, you rock more than ever! :D

Batman is back. I must pick a few of these sets up befor they increse in price 4 times like the last Batman line up. :hmpf_bad:

Let's hope that supply meets demand then. The Batman profiteering has been way out of control and unfortunately it seems to be a practise that TLG encourage for some inexplicable reason.

We certainly do, and I think TLG knows it, too; in fact, I'd bet they've already had internal discussions about the opportunity these particular licensed themes present to have more female characters. Even though these comics universes have heavy male skews like most of the other source material for licensed themes (as well as most of TLG's homegrown themes, it must be said), both universes are so huge and abundant with characters, and have plenty of female characters throughout (both super- and non-super-). We do already know of several from DC:

• Wonder Woman
  • Catwoman
  • Harley Quinn
  • Poison Ivy

... and one from Marvel:

• Black Widow

I also suspect there will be more, from both sides of the Marvel/DC publishing divide, as well both sides of the heroine/villainess divide. In particular, if the X-Men are going to be one of the initial three major areas of focus for the Marvel line (as the press release notes), I can't help but imagine we'll get a few more Marvel women, since the X-Men have quite a few female members.

I think the X-Men sets are going to be very generous with the female figs. The X-Jet alone could give us Storm, Jean Grey and Rogue. Just imagine how many others can be pumped out of a multi-year contract? Emma Frost, Mystique, Phoenix/Dark Phoenix, Psylocke, Shadowcat, Scarlet Witch, Jubilee... so many possibilities. :wub:

Let's hope that supply meets demand then. The Batman profiteering has been way out of control and unfortunately it seems to be a practise that TLG encourage for some inexplicable reason.

In my opinion, the reason is that with all these popular licenses in the past ten years, Lego is increasingly being viewed as a "collectible," and not just a "toy."

Within the collectibles industry, artifical scarcity is a tried-and-true marketing tactic. Companies intentionally under-produce. That creates heightened demand and hype. A consumer perceives that lack of availability as "Wow, this product is really popular!", and is therefore more likely to buy the product on a whim. Don't wait! Buy it now! It might be gone next time!

The bane (no pun intended) of every collectible manufacturer is the "peg warmer" -- those products that nobody wants, that just rot on the shelves until the retailer dumps them on clearance. Artificial scarcity helps prevent that from happening.

Is there a list of sets somewhere? Can someone post all confirmed info by any chance? As I didn't realise Black Widow had been confirmed.

What sets can we expect on the construction side?

Superman w/ Fortress of Solitude?

Batman w/ Batmobile

Iron Man and Captain America with Quinjet?

Thor, Fury, + others with Helicarrier!?!?!

Is there a list of sets somewhere? Can someone post all confirmed info by any chance? As I didn't realise Black Widow had been confirmed.

Batman w/ Batmobile

We don't have a list of sets. Most of the information we have, including the list of minifigures, can be seen in the two press releases from LEGO.com:

Marvel press release

DC press release

There are 13 minifigures confirmed for each license, for a grand total of 26 confirmed minifigures. In addition, there are 4 buildable action figures for each license-- more about them can be seen in the Action Figures subforum (there are two, Captain America and Joker, who have not been seen).

Batman w/ Batmobile

We don't have a list of sets. Most of the information we have, including the list of minifigures, can be seen in the two press releases from LEGO.com:

Marvel press release

DC press release

There are 13 minifigures confirmed for each license, for a grand total of 26 confirmed minifigures. In addition, there are 4 buildable action figures for each license-- more about them can be seen in the Action Figures subforum (there are two, Captain America and Joker, who have not been seen).

Additionally, we have some additional hints from the prize info noted in the rules for the LEGO Super Heroes Challenge contest. Second prize is "the complete 2012 LEGO Super Heroes: DC Universe collection," which is stated to have an estimated retail value of $250, and third prize is "the LEGO Super Heroes: DC Universe Batcave set, LEGO Batman video game for the platform of your choice, and a Batman T-shirt," which is stated to have an estimated total retail value of $50.

This gives us an idea of the total combined size of the sets (though I don't know if this includes things like magnets, keychains, etc.), and also tells us there'll be a Batcave set, albeit a much smaller one than the last one (since it, a copy of the videogame and a t-shirt combined will have a total value around $50).

(Incidentally, I just noticed there must be some error on the contest page - the main prize information in the upper part of the page says there'll be eight copies apiece awarded of the first and second prizes, but the detailed rules below that say there'll be just four. I wonder which is right...)

$50 for the video game, T-shirt, and Batcave set combined can't be right. If so, we'd be looking at a $20 (at MOST) Batcave set. Hardly worthy of the title "Batcave".

$50 for the video game, T-shirt, and Batcave set combined can't be right. If so, we'd be looking at a $20 (at MOST) Batcave set. Hardly worthy of the title "Batcave".

One would think so, but in the Star Wars line they've variously represented the Rebels' Echo Base on Hoth with a $50 set, a $25 set and now a $90 set, for example. I certainly think it's possible (say, a Bat-computer console against some cave wall).

Then again, as I noted it does appear there's already an error in the rules since the prize quantities don't match; maybe one or more of the prize values are wrong, too...

Edited by Blondie-Wan

I really can't wait to see what bane looks like! Hopefully it will be Tom hardy version from the dark knight rises! Based on the new pics taken from the filming in pittsburgh, bane would be EPIC!!

I really can't wait to see what bane looks like! Hopefully it will be Tom hardy version from the dark knight rises! Based on the new pics taken from the filming in pittsburgh, bane would be EPIC!!

yea, I had a look, you can pretty much make him, but the face is the only thing that'd be needed, so if hes in a grey Suit I don't care as long as i get the face.

yea, I had a look, you can pretty much make him, but the face is the only thing that'd be needed, so if hes in a grey Suit I don't care as long as i get the face.

Ya I don't think theres anything ou there that looks like that mask he's wearing, Id like if they gave him that too! Maybe even a desert camo tumbler to stand on top of!! Haha

Honestly, I think that the $50 value has to be a misprint. The video game retails for $50 itself depending on which console you purchase it for. I am thinking it is closer to $150, with $50 to the game, $20 to the t-shirt, and $80 for the Batcave.

I was thinking, that it would be nice to have different variants of the same characters showing the progression in their costumes over the years. For example; a MK I and MK II version of the Iron Man suit, kind of what they did with the Batman costume in the last Lego series.

And after looking over the concept art for the Avengers movie I can't wait to see what they do with the Lego version of the Helicarrier and the Quin jet.

Honestly, I think that the $50 value has to be a misprint. The video game retails for $50 itself depending on which console you purchase it for. I am thinking it is closer to $150, with $50 to the game, $20 to the t-shirt, and $80 for the Batcave.

I was thinking, that it would be nice to have different variants of the same characters showing the progression in their costumes over the years. For example; a MK I and MK II version of the Iron Man suit, kind of what they did with the Batman costume in the last Lego series.

And after looking over the concept art for the Avengers movie I can't wait to see what they do with the Lego version of the Helicarrier and the Quin jet.

the videogame is old and is not worth 50$ anymore

the videogame is old and is not worth 50$ anymore

For a contest like this, they would probably use whatever is either the original or the current MSRP, regardless of whether or not that's what it's actually currently being sold for. However, even when new the game didn't retail for $50 on every platform to begin with (different platform versions had/have different prices), and if it did it wouldn't leave any money left in the estimated total prize value for the t-shirt and the Batcave set, as noted.

(It should probably be pointed out that even if it's not an error, the $50 estimate is just that, an estimate, and likely a rough one at that, because of the different possible values for the game - the real prize value depends upon what version of the LEGO Batman videogame the winner picks).

But all that said... yeah, it does seem quite possible there's an error in the prize value information, since the numbers of first and second prizes to be awarded don't match what it says elsewhere on the page.

The first official images of Selina Kyle have been released for next years The Dark Knight Rises.If this is the version of Catwoman we are going to see in mini figure form for the Lego movie sets, then color me unimpressed. :hmpf_bad:

http://collider.com/dark-knight-rises-movie-image-catwoman-anne-hathaway/107682/

Oh noes :hmpf: a barely seen costume and some goggles, you know, its hard to see what she is wearing what with all the motorbike in the way! Not to mention the goggles that stop insects and dust embedding themseleves in eyeballs...

Heck, anything is better than the ones from the first film and the steaming crap-pile that was the Catwoman movie.

So, the catwoman we saw was eactly the same as the old figure. I would rather something like the current comics costume.

I think that it is the goggles that turn me off. The look like a pair of Oakley snow goggles with flashlights attached to them. That, and the uninspired leather bodysuit. But who knows, Nolan is a brilliant director and this time next year I could be wondering what I was whining about at the time.

Oh, and the Catwoman movie was brilliant piece of cinema. Surprised that you didn't think so.

:wink:

Edited by djmangunz

Oh noes :hmpf: a barely seen costume and some goggles, you know, its hard to see what she is wearing what with all the motorbike in the way! Not to mention the goggles that stop insects and dust embedding themseleves in eyeballs...

Heck, anything is better than the ones from the first film and the steaming crap-pile that was the Catwoman movie.

So, the catwoman we saw was eactly the same as the old figure. I would rather something like the current comics costume.

Actually, the Catwoman figure shown was significantly different from the old one but yeah this Nolan design, could it just be that is Selina Kyle not being Catwoman? Probably not...

I hope it's just a mid-way costume showcasing Selina's decent into the Catwoman. Kinda like Peter Parkers wrestling costume in the first film. But, this is a discussion for another topic.