madoka

Batman coming back

:sceptic:

Marvel AND DC?

A lovely idea and a dream come true for lots of people, including me but this could get weird...

I hope they don't include heroes from two different universes in one set..that would be like having Jar Jar Binks with a X-Wing :sceptic:

Anyways I can't wait :sweet:

Amazing news! DC I'm really only interested in Batman and Green Lantern, but Marvel :wub: .

I'm shocked they'd have Deadpool out in this theme though.

With a new Ghost Rider movie in development I only hope this line lasts for long enough to produce a fig of the Rider...

Gasp! We have an image after one day?

This is seriously great news. I wonder whether there will be "classic" minifigures, like the older ones that were based off the animated series.

What do Lego mean when they say "buildable characters". Aren't they all?

I think "buildable characters" refers to test minifigures that people are allowed to assemble and/or take.

Apparently this is a good decision, as I'm typing this there are 73 people reading this topic. :laugh:

Gasp! We have an image after one day?

This is seriously great news. I wonder whether there will be "classic" minifigures, like the older ones that were based off the animated series.

I think "buildable characters" refers to test minifigures that people are allowed to assemble and/or take.

Apparently this is a good decision, as I'm typing this there are 73 people reading this topic. :laugh:

Well, gates are openning in a few hours.

There will be pictures on Flickr any time soon.

Wow, exciting! :sweet: The figs in the picture look great! Looking forward to seeing what lego bring to us next year!

CF

Are they doing to have any of the sets on display, or just the 2 minifigures they are giving out?-wich already have a 360 wiev on the website.

What a FANTASTIC day for the LEGO community! It is just so exciting to see so many of these iconic characters finally being made into LEGO!

One of the best choices for a licensed theme LEGO has ever made, well done! :thumbup:

I wonder if we'll see Captain America in the first wave, knowing that there's a movie for that coming out soon!

I don't know whether to do the happy dance, or cry in my beer due to not being a SDCC to snag those beauties! :cry_sad:

Either way, I'M...FREAKING...OUT! :laugh:

Here's hoping for a complete assembly of the LEGO Justice League.

What a FANTASTIC day for the LEGO community! It is just so exciting to see so many of these iconic characters finally being made into LEGO!

One of the best choices for a licensed theme LEGO has ever made, well done! :thumbup:

I wonder if we'll see Captain America in the first wave, knowing that there's a movie for that coming out soon!

An article said the marvel would be coming out May 2012 around the time of the avengers movie, so im guessing thats where you will get him.

Also! the new batman has backprinting, if the minifigure used in the youtube stop motion video on the site.

batmanbackprinting.jpg

Two of the world’s most iconic brands are joining forces as The LEGO Group, world leader in high quality construction toys, and Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a global character -based entertainment company, announced a wide ranging strategic licensing deal. Through the multi-year agreement starting as of January 1st, 2012, Marvel has granted LEGO Group the rights to develop a distinct Marvel branded construction toy collection — LEGO SUPER HEROES — which will bring the characters, vehicles and action of Marvel’s renowned universe to the world of LEGO® build-and-play adventure. The LEGO SUPER HEROES Marvel collection’s initial construction sets, minifigures and buildable characters are scheduled to launch in May of 2012.

The LEGO SUPER HEROES Marvel collection will spotlight three Marvel franchises – Marvel’s The Avengers movie, and X-Men and Spider-Man classic characters. The LEGO Marvel’s The Avengers movie line brings such ever popular Marvel characters as Iron Man, The Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Loki and Black Widow to LEGO minifigure form. The LEGO X-Men collection includes minifigure comic versions of Wolverine, Magneto, Nick Fury and Deadpool, while the LEGO Spider-Man sets offer minifigure comic versions of Spider-Man, and Doctor Octopus. The first buildable characters in the LEGO SUPER HEROES collection are highlighted by Captain America, The Hulk and Iron Man. Select figures will be unveiled in the LEGO booth (#2829) during Comic-Con International at the San Diego Convention Center July 21-24.

“Our partnership with Marvel helps us continue to deliver some of the best and most constructible Super Hero stories of all time,” said Jill Wilfert, vice president, licensing and entertainment for The LEGO Group. “We’re thrilled to partner with Marvel to create creative, constructive play sets for builders, fans and collectors alike.”

Joann Mclaughlin, Executive Vice President Toys & Hardlines, Marvel Entertainment, commented, “The partnership with LEGO Group furthers Marvel’s strategy to align our brand with the best in class leaders across various industries who have the global marketing expertise and distribution clout to stand out in the retail environment. This deal solidifies the already robust presence of our characters and the overall Marvel brand in the ever important toy category.”

The retail debut of the Marvel-inspired LEGO SUPER HEROES collection is timed to coincide with the highly anticipated Summer 2012 blockbuster movie release of Marvel Studios and Walt Disney Pictures feature film Marvel’s The Avengers.

I gotta admit that I too am much more excited for the marvel sets than the DC ones, with the only possible exception being Batman and maybe Green Lantern. Heck, I'll probably get Superman and Aquaman (if they make one) only to make fun of them in MOCs. :laugh:

med_gallery_6705_159_16282.jpg

Ooh, GL looks pretty good! Supes' head looks a bit weird, but not too shabby.

DC Heroes are great, but now I just think about The Flash. He's the plainest character here, without the vehicle or a real headsquarter.

Well, if they make him (and they better do!) they'll probably just throw him in a set with the other JL members.

Lego told a fan on Facebook there will be 13 new minifigs

So... you take take the word of somebody on Facebook over an official press release? :hmpf:

And the Toy Story sets may not look like traditional Lego, but they are. :wink:

This is awesome! *oh2**huh* But, will the Green Lantern minifigure only be released as promo? It is not mentioned among DC:s 13 iconic super heroes...

If they show him on the website and make a buildable version of him, I'm sure he will be in regular sets too. :wink:

Source?

Also this thread should be merged with the batman one, wich should be remaed at this point

Agreed, couldn't the first post of this Threadhave been edited, it was started by you afterall.

Amazing news! DC I'm really only interested in Batman and Green Lantern, but Marvel :wub: .

I'm shocked they'd have Deadpool out in this theme though.

With a new Ghost Rider movie in development I only hope this line lasts for long enough to produce a fig of the Rider...

Deadpool movie coming out, so it makes sense.

I'm STILL freaking out!

Seriously, this is pretty much the best news I could get from LEGO, aside from hearing that from now on, all LEGO would be given away free. :laugh:

Thank you TLG...you've made this fanboy's day...week...month...year...decade...

Edited by Ogre

Well, obviously, since they're making the Avengers, and he's the first Avenger! :grin:

Does anyone think they will make Batman Beyond or Teen Titans sets? :cry_happy:

So... you take take the word of somebody on Facebook over an official press release? :hmpf:

And the Toy Story sets may not look like traditional Lego, but they are. :wink:

When the guy works for Lego yes ...

I have someone posting pictures i took very soon. They are up on Rebelscum forums already for those that can't wait!

Marvel and DC? I must be dreaming! Amazing news. The figures are awesome, but hopefully, the sets are more awesome. But most important of all, not overpriced.

The Hulk looks funny, as does Iron Man, but I think Iron Man is just a quick clay mock up.

Edited by prateek

That Iron Man head is epic fail. You would think Lego would put more thought into it like other people have.

The other figs are great though. New Poison Ivy is great, and the Cap looks good as well.

-Omi

I'm sure some, if not all of them, are still in the prototype stage. If anything, I'd expect them to look better closer to retail. Notice that Green Lantern isn't in the display at all.

This new is insane! :cry_happy:

I love how this just puts to bed so many rumours of new lines and rereleases. I hope everyone wanting the sets makes sure to pick them all up. We dont want to have a repeat of Batman now do we? :laugh:

The minifigs looks pretty damn good. I think my favourites have to be Thor and Wolverine. Largely because they do look absolutely erfect and Lego has done a tremendous job on them. The Batman minifigs, to be honest, look kinda the same as the last line we had them. But thats just me. :classic: The minifigs I dont like the look of are Hulk and Iron Man. Hulk, even though the scale is correct just doesnt look right that big. I would have loved a normal Hulk minifig instead of a big mould for him. Iron Man's head is all Im concerned about. His head piece is just way too big. Though maybe it is a helmet instead of a whole piece that would make more sense.

This will be great for everyone and I cant wait to see what the sets turn out like.

Bring on 2012! :sweet: