madoka

Batman coming back

gallery_2955_116_10682.jpg

med_gallery_6705_159_16282.jpg

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118040143?categoryid=13&cs=1&cmpid=RSS%7CNews%7CLatestNews

Warner Bros. has expanded its relationship with Lego, granting the toymaker access to DC Entertainment's complete library of comicbook characters and stories to launch DC Universe "Super Heroes" as figures and playsets.

The multi-year licensing deal, made through Warner Bros. Consumer Products, will start rolling out the new line in January, starting with 13 characters, including Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and villains the Joker, Bane, Harley Quinn and Lex Luthor.

The first toys will be shown off at the Lego booth at Comic-Con Intl. in San Diego, where 3,000 exclusive Batman and Green Lantern minifigures will be distributed to launch a promo that runs August-December, enabling fans to create and submit videos, photos or illustrations of the characters to win trips to Legoland and Warner Bros. Studios.

WB and Lego had already been producing toys and videogames around the Batman franchise, and will launch a new set of playthings around next summer's "The Dark Knight Rises" through the Lego Batman collection. The "Lego Batman: The Videogame," published by WB Bros. Interactive Entertainment, has sold more than 12 million units since 2008."This partnership gives builders a chance to recreate the characters, vehicles and worlds of some of the most iconic super heroes, so they can relive the action and even customize it, a proven and winning formula in Lego construction," said Jill Wilfert, VP, licensing and entertainment for the Lego Group.

Edit - Further info:

Two of the world’s most iconic brands are joining forces as The LEGO Group, world leader in high quality construction toys, and Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a global character -based entertainment company, announced a wide ranging strategic licensing deal. Through the multi-year agreement starting as of January 1st, 2012, Marvel has granted LEGO Group the rights to develop a distinct Marvel branded construction toy collection — LEGO SUPER HEROES — which will bring the characters, vehicles and action of Marvel’s renowned universe to the world of LEGO® build-and-play adventure. The LEGO SUPER HEROES Marvel collection’s initial construction sets, minifigures and buildable characters are scheduled to launch in May of 2012.

The LEGO SUPER HEROES Marvel collection will spotlight three Marvel franchises – Marvel’s The Avengers movie, and X-Men and Spider-Man classic characters. The LEGO Marvel’s The Avengers movie line brings such ever popular Marvel characters as Iron Man, The Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Loki and Black Widow to LEGO minifigure form. The LEGO X-Men collection includes minifigure comic versions of Wolverine, Magneto, Nick Fury and Deadpool, while the LEGO Spider-Man sets offer minifigure comic versions of Spider-Man, and Doctor Octopus. The first buildable characters in the LEGO SUPER HEROES collection are highlighted by Captain America, The Hulk and Iron Man. Select figures will be unveiled in the LEGO booth (#2829) during Comic-Con International at the San Diego Convention Center July 21-24.

“Our partnership with Marvel helps us continue to deliver some of the best and most constructible Super Hero stories of all time,” said Jill Wilfert, vice president, licensing and entertainment for The LEGO Group. “We’re thrilled to partner with Marvel to create creative, constructive play sets for builders, fans and collectors alike.”

Joann Mclaughlin, Executive Vice President Toys & Hardlines, Marvel Entertainment, commented, “The partnership with LEGO Group furthers Marvel’s strategy to align our brand with the best in class leaders across various industries who have the global marketing expertise and distribution clout to stand out in the retail environment. This deal solidifies the already robust presence of our characters and the overall Marvel brand in the ever important toy category.”

The retail debut of the Marvel-inspired LEGO SUPER HEROES collection is timed to coincide with the highly anticipated Summer 2012 blockbuster movie release of Marvel Studios and Walt Disney Pictures feature film Marvel’s The Avengers.

Edited by Rufus
Added picture of Batman and rest. Updated

If this is confirmed, then wow! This is really great news. I completely missed the Batman sets and I realised how good they would have been after playing the video game.

The line "playsets and minifigures" is interesting though, sounds like this may be similar to Ninjago and the collectible minifigures with individual minifigures in packages.

I hope these are good - Theres a huge potential here - I want my Superman minifg already.

Daily Planet modular building with rotating planet statue at the top and spinning doors at the entrance please!!!!!

Edited by mookage

Dear Lego Group,

YOU ROCK!!!

That is all.

Please tell me I'm not dreaming! :cry_happy: Complete character library... multi-year license... Oh my! :wub: This is going to be a very, very merry Christmas! :caroler: Bring on 2012! :moar:

I just hope this doesn't nullify the rumors of an Avengers license. :look: If we get both... well, then the Mayans will be proven right as the world will most likely implode from the sheer awesomenes. :laugh:

Now excuse me while I completely geek out. :drool:

Is anyone going to the comic con and can bring me one of the exclusive minifigs? :grin:

me too.

Why we don't have this exclusive in Europe too???

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??

it's a shame. I want tihis exlusive too.

batman, please, come to my lovely house

Mere words can't express my pure excitement for this new licensed theme that is coming soon. Really amazing. :cry_happy:

I just hope this doesn't nullify the rumors of an Avengers license. :look: If we get both... well, then the Mayans will be proven right as the world will most likely implode from the sheer awesomenes. :laugh:

My guess is it probably does dramatically reduce the chances of an Avengers license, as I'd imagine DC insisted on Lego not working with competitors for the period of the contract. Does anyone know of other toy companies putting out both DC and Marvel products at the same time?

Anyway, it's great news, even though I have most of the original Batman sets I won't complain about getting more, and an official Superman minfig would be brilliant.

Great news indeed! When the last Batman line existed, I was foolish enough to buy none of the sets, but this will fix my wrong choices. I have never been very interested in Wonder Woman or Man of steel, but Bats is cool. I hope they release set with Jim Gordon this time, he has always been my favourite Batman character.

My guess is it probably does dramatically reduce the chances of an Avengers license, as I'd imagine DC insisted on Lego not working with competitors for the period of the contract. Does anyone know of other toy companies putting out both DC and Marvel products at the same time?

Anyway, it's great news, even though I have most of the original Batman sets I won't complain about getting more, and an official Superman minfig would be brilliant.

This is awesome news! We missed the batman sets so now bats and more are coming. But it looks like sideshow collectibles just picked up the dc license for statues and busts and they also produce products for marvel.

Woohoo! This is great news. So many times I've looked at some of the Batman figs on Bricklink and been tempted, despite the ridiculously high prices, but now there'll be a way to get new ones.

Since I've been into Batman lately, this is great new for me!

I don't really care about Green Lantern etc., but this theme sounds amazing :sweet:

EDIT:

Picture of figures here.

5957416054_b2bc0cb94b_m.jpg

Superb =) Cant wait to get all these new sets =) to bad its almost 6 months left =(

Thanks for the pic! I'm loving the Superman and his hair is great.

Given we have 13 characters I assume we'll have even more figs, like multiple Batman figs. I'm figuring we'll be getting about 8 sets (assuming about 2 unique figs per set).

• Superman and Lex.
  • Wonder Woman, not sure who else would be in that set as I've never been a fan.
  • At least two or three batman sets, particularly given 3 Batman villains were listed and there were 6 characters not listed (although Green Lantern is obviously one now). I reckon Robin and Catwoman are a chance to turn up in sets as well.
  • At least one Green Lantern

The great news is we only have to speculate for a few days and then we'll have way more information.

Those Batman sets always looked good, but I'm not a big fan of all those superheroes, I don't need it, would have been better if Harry Potter stayed

If its just figs then meh, probably be too overpriced for what they are.

If its actual sets that are as awesome as the previous Batman sets then YES YES YES.

I bought a bunch of the Batman sets because they were damn good parts packs (one of the best deals I got was a cheap UCS Batmobile which has lots of great parts in it :)

Even ended up with Arkham Asylum (built an add-on as a place for Freeze once)

Wish I had been able to get the bat tank and some of the other second wave sets (like the ice cream truck) but I didnt get the chance :(