Sign in to follow this  
dongo

PYRAMID

1306695902m_SPLASH.jpg

To tell you the truth, it is not 100% my own creation but my twelve-year old son's. I just gave him some advice here and there but it was him who had the idea and made it plastic bricks. :laugh:

1306695893m_SPLASH.jpg

I suggested using a hinge so that we could see the inner chambers with the guardian statues and the figures of the pharaoh and his wife.

1306695912m_SPLASH.jpg

1306695928m_SPLASH.jpg

1306695947m_SPLASH.jpg

Above them, a door trap to gain the upper floor where the dead pharao rests for ever... or not :sad:

1306695969m_SPLASH.jpg

1306695987m_SPLASH.jpg

1306696004m_SPLASH.jpg

1306696019m_SPLASH.jpg

Hope you like it

WOW!

Congratz to your boy and kudos to you! :thumbup:

This is a beautiful MOC! The floor looks fantastic, and the pyramid seems to shine! The desert part looks great too

Great work, you two! :thumbup:

Good work making it look pyramid-esque, without having a bunch of slopes.

Steve

I think this turned out quite well. Love the use of the figures on the inside.

Good Job! :classic:

Lovely creation! I've always wanted to build a pyramid, too...

May I suggest that you get some Pharaoh's Quest sets to decorate the interior some more? The sets offer some fancy hieroglyphs, scarab shields, and even Anubis guards for statues. :wink:

Yeah! Excellent MOC!

That's an original floor technique for the inside (your suggestion or is it your son's?)

May I suggest that you get some Pharaoh's Quest sets to decorate the interior some more? The sets offer some fancy hieroglyphs, scarab shields, and even Anubis guards for statues. :wink:

I agree with the shields and accessories but I'm not too sure about adding the decorated pieces - they feel a little odd to me and with them all egyptian MOCs end up looking alike. I would rather suggest adding some textures to the walls - alternate colors so that it's not completely tan or give is some relief with columns or pillars.

On the other hand I would definitely add some tomb raiders figs in the picture!

The only thing I'm not too fond of is the dark tan tiling in front of the pyramid.. it feels a little unnatural to have the sand switch color so abruptly (unless the idea is to show the shadow of the pyramid with the sun coming up on the other side?).

Great job!

Yeah! Excellent MOC!

That's an original floor technique for the inside (your suggestion or is it your son's?)

I'm sensing a dismantled Taj Mahal may have provided pieces and inspiration for that somehow. :classic:

I like the way you've suggested the shape of the pyramid with the cheese slopes, whilst avoiding having to have lots of real sloped pieces in tan. Now you just need a big Sphinx to sit next to it.

Great work dongos son!

Really great textures in the pyramid altough you could give youur son some Pharaos quest sets...

Hope your son to builld more!

:grin:

Hello!

That's a nice playset layout! It's nice you can open it and look into the interior. :classic: As a possible refinement you could add a little access from the ground to the top level. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thank you all for your comments.

There is no much space inside to add more decoration. I may use the Anubis minifigs from the PQ pyramid as the decorative statues inside. The dark tiling outside was used as contrast to the dominant tan keeping the desert scenery.

Hey, Legostein, there is already a trap door above the pharao to get to the upper level :grin:

What I'm really liking about this, and what's grabbing my attention more than any other facet, is the lengths taken to add such detailing to the pyramid and surrounds by adding cheese wedges everywhere - not only is it a nice touch, but you've also done it in a sufficiently "random" manner that it doesn't look as though it was made to follow much of a pattern, which is just even better. I must particularly commend its employment on the desert "floor" - that's some downright beautiful texturing there, very nicely done. The end result both feels much more authentically pyramidish and is much more interesting to look at.

Beyond that, I don't really have much to say - it's pretty much the pyramid everyone with a sufficient stock of basic LEGO bricks built as a kid, just larger, with a consistent colour scheme, and much more refined. That's not a bad thing at all, by the way - it just means I have less to ramble about.