Legofan4ever88

Is anyone else having issues w/ lego customer service going WAY beyond

in the span of a month and a half, I've gotten 3 rounds of free stuff from them. I ask them a question and I get stuff. It is making me FURIOUS and once I get to the lego store, i'm going to ebay and BL for my needs since i'm sick of dealing w/ a hind quarter kissing company. I'd rather give my business to people(ebay and BL sellers) that actually care about the customers and not their money

I've gotten 2 free horses(asked when they were coming back in stock so i could BUY 2), 6 free figures and a keychain on express(asked them what shipping companies handle what items b/c I was having major issues w/ them on this order), and now 18 free VIP points getting me my 5 dollar credit(asked how to use the 5 dollar credit once I reached it and said i no longer wished to deal w/ LS.com after my last order and the store is to far away for a quick trip)

I am sick of this overload of stuff! it's like i'm asking them for the time of day and they're giving me a gold watch! It's more then I need or want.

Forgive me, but I am lost, you're complaining because every time you have an issue with TLG they go out of their way to make it right?

Do you realize how odd that sounds?

Forgive me, but I am lost, you're complaining because every time you have ask issue with TLG they go out of their way to make it right?

Do you realize how odd that sounds?

It's not odd. I'm just a person that doesn't want to get an overload of stuff. And w/ them, I asked questions on 3 occassions that only needed a very simple answer for each(When for the first q, who for the second, and how for the third) and I get stuff in return!

At the way they're going, I should of expected a lego gift card or something from them when I emailed them recently about bailing out of the lego catalog(prices are ridicilous!). I just got a response in the form of what I needed which i'm more then happy with. I got asked my shipping info.

It's not odd. I'm just a person that doesn't want to get an overload of stuff. And w/ them, I asked questions on 3 occassions that only needed a very simple answer for each(When for the first q, who for the second, and how for the third) and I get stuff in return!

At the way they're going, I should of expected a lego gift card or something from them when I emailed them recently about bailing out of the lego catalog(prices are ridicilous!). I just got a response in the form of what I needed which i'm more then happy with. I got asked my shipping info.

Please, use words, Question is not very hard to type is it? Nor is with.

I really can't understand what is wrong with getting free stuff, if it offends you that much, donate it or give it to someone who wants it, Really now...

I understand not wanting to be wasteful, but with the price of LEGO, if be happy for any free product.

Sounds like that's a business model that is working for LEGO.

You're not making much sense I'm afraid. Both your issues and the way you write make you difficult to understand. Could you be more concise and then people might understand you better and give you the empathy I think you are seeking?

To Summarise: You've had issues; you've complained; your complaints been resolved; you've had compensation.

I don't see the problem?

Cheers

Rog

I'm in the "customer service" business and I don't understand what the problem is? You say they care more about money than customers yet they gave you items that usually cost money. The point to this is they want you to know that they are willing to do whatever is necessary to keep your business. Lego has some of the best customer service around and ever time I have had an issue it has been resolved immediately. I would suggest you start shopping at Walmart, they don't give a shit about anyone.

Quick everyone stop buying directly from Lego! They're trying to be helpful and nice! :sarcasm:

The only thing that might ever be wrong with a company that has such tremendous customer service is that we the consumer pays for that service. Not directly but with every set we buy. I personally don't have a problem with this. It means there are actual people being employed and being able to support their economies with their income rather than paying slightly less and going through countless automated response machines.

in the span of a month and a half, I've gotten 3 rounds of free stuff from them. [...] once I get to the lego store, i'm going to ebay and BL for my needs

Just looking for clarification-- you mentioned the LEGO store, do you mean that you asked LEGO S@H, or LEGO Brand Retail? Or a mix?

Generally, speaking from a retail perspective, when someone acts uppity, angry, and/or rude, you try to go out of your way to do something nice for them so that their overall experience is still a good one. Management in particular will bend over backwards to try and turn an UN-satisfied customer into a satisfied customer. If you're "FURIOUS", and sound that way on the phone or in person, I'm not surprised that this will earn you extra little LEGO knickknacks.

I'd rather give my business to people(ebay and BL sellers) that actually care about the customers and not their money

In what way does giving customers both the information that they're looking for AND a bonus perk give you the impression that they don't "actually care" about their customers? And further, in what way does it demonstrate that they care about "their money" more than their customers? I see only the EXACT OPPOSITE being demonstrated in their behavior.

Did they actually NOT give you the information you requested? You never actually said, I guess. I could see your point if you were complaining that they couldn't or wouldn't answer your questions-- is that your complaint? If so, I'm not sure it's been made clear in your post, although I could understand that certainly.

DaveE

LEGO Customer Service used to be extremely generous with free stuff. In the 90s, I had a huge number of minifigure keychains that were given as freebies after customer service calls. Sadly, keeping these on my backpack all throughout grade school has pretty much destroyed most of them, but it was a real symbol of a company caring about customer satisfaction.

So no, freebies from customer service are not a sign of desperation. That's just how LEGO does business. If you don't want free stuff, then just turn it down. But there's no reason to be sour about a company working harder than necessary to make you happy.

I would suggest you start shopping at Walmart, they don't give a shit about anyone.

That would make a great title.

Plus you make a good point.

I find this original post to be quite sad. Have we have grown so used to poor customer service or no customer service that when we encounter real honest customer service it overwhelms us? :hmpf_bad:

Let me be clear as I can be: NO, I am not having issues w/ Lego customer service going WAY beyond.

I am having issues with the companies who now believe Customer Service is a stupid computer that requires me to punch in 50 answers and still does not solve my issue. I have issues with Rude and Stupid people who know I can never really report them because they are in a call center in another state (or country) so they do as little as they can. I have issues with people who believe I do not deserve to have the best customer service when I spend my hard earned dollars on their products.

Lego is doing it right and way too many others are doing it wrong.

I believe I have answered the original question.

Just looking for clarification-- you mentioned the LEGO store, do you mean that you asked LEGO S@H, or LEGO Brand Retail? Or a mix?

Generally, speaking from a retail perspective, when someone acts uppity, angry, and/or rude, you try to go out of your way to do something nice for them so that their overall experience is still a good one. Management in particular will bend over backwards to try and turn an UN-satisfied customer into a satisfied customer. If you're "FURIOUS", and sound that way on the phone or in person, I'm not surprised that this will earn you extra little LEGO knickknacks.

In what way does giving customers both the information that they're looking for AND a bonus perk give you the impression that they don't "actually care" about their customers? And further, in what way does it demonstrate that they care about "their money" more than their customers? I see only the EXACT OPPOSITE being demonstrated in their behavior.

Did they actually NOT give you the information you requested? You never actually said, I guess. I could see your point if you were complaining that they couldn't or wouldn't answer your questions-- is that your complaint? If so, I'm not sure it's been made clear in your post, although I could understand that certainly.

DaveE

I emailed the lego customer service about it. and out of the 3 times, I only got the information I asked for(latest freebie time). First time, I only got a "items become unavailable when quanities are low" and second they claimed to not be sure what items typical ship w/ which shipper(DHL and FedEx).

Sometimes I do feel a little awkward at their generosity, as when they gave me a bunch of pieces for free that I was intending to pay for, but then I remember what Lego is and what they stand for as a company.

Lego is a top of the line toy brand, and they charge for it. They know their customers pay extra for quality and a great experience. Anyone who has dealt with kids or has been one themselves know the disappointment when pieces are damaged or missing, and it's important the parents feel that these issues can be easily resolved when these things occur.

The bottom line is that I love Lego Customer service treats me, and I really wouldn't want it any other way. The only way I'd really have second thoughts about it was if I felt like they were losing lots of money on it, but they are not losing money on having great service. Every time they help a customer the customer will be more likely to return, it's cheap and incredibly effective marketing in the end.

\

So no, freebies from customer service are not a sign of desperation. That's just how LEGO does business. If you don't want free stuff, then just turn it down. But there's no reason to be sour about a company working harder than necessary to make you happy.

I agree.

I think the complaint here is that TLG is giving away freebies rather than answering the question, but it is mentioned that the issue was discussed over e-mail. That could be the source of a misunderstanding, because I personally have never had any problems when talking with Customer Service over the phone, and if they're going to give me free LEGO at the same time, that's a bonus.

How come Lego never gives me free stuff when I send them emails?

Well as long as they keep on making cheap army builder sets for castle I will be happy.

This conversation gave me a rash.

We'd send ointment, but it seems that this thread is complaining about a problem being addressed and free gifts.

LegoFanblahblahlah: Maybe if you are clearer in your e-mail about a problem then the issue can be solved faster.

For example, I had murky gold in my Pirates set, so I e-mailed:

"Hi, I bought the (PotC Set) and the gold pictured on the box is chromed and shiny, the gold inside was a dull flat gold. Have I got the wrong parts?"

My reply was a simple: "We'll sort that out for you, soon" and a little about supply issues. A fortnight later my little packet of chromed gold coins and bard arrived.

This conversation gave me a rash.

I hope you don't have school pictures tomorrow.

On a serious note, I've never been unsatisfied calling TLG, even if I was calling to complain.

I emailed the lego customer service about it. and out of the 3 times, I only got the information I asked for(latest freebie time). First time, I only got a "items become unavailable when quanities are low" and second they claimed to not be sure what items typical ship w/ which shipper(DHL and FedEx).

From what I can piece together, the order of events is something like this:

1) You're annoyed because "horses" are out of stock, and you wanted to buy some, presumably from S@H, although you never said that.

2) You emailed customer service and asked when "horses" were coming back in stock (presumably on Pick-A-Brick?)

3) You received an email saying "items become unavailable when quantities are low". In other words, they didn't really answer your question, because they didn't know the answer. IE, they might NEVER come back in stock, or they might show up in 2 months, they don't know. But maybe they didn't tell you that they didn't know, it's not clear from your description.

4) To compensate, they managed to locate the "horses" you were looking for, and sent you some for free.

5) You had "major issues" with an order, but what those issues were is unclear. Presumably something about shipping, but maybe something else.

6) You emailed customer service again, and asked them which shipping companies are used.

7) They responded back saying that they weren't sure which shipping companies were used in your particular order, since DHL and/or Fedex may be used, presumably based on where your order is coming from (US distribution center vs. Denmark, and which leg of the journey you're talking about).

8) To compensate for your apparent frustration with the order, they sent you "6 free figures and a keychain". Although to hear you tell it, it sounds like they sent you these freebies just because you asked about the shipping companies, which I expect is NOT the case.

9) You emailed customer service again, this time asking how to use some sort of "5 dollar credit" once you "reached it", by which I assume you mean VIP points, but again, is unclear. You also apparently said in the same email that you no longer wished to deal with S@H after the last order, and didn't want to visit the LEGO store. In other words: "How can I use a credit with your store? And by the way, I refuse to shop at your store."

10) They credited you the additional 18 points you needed to bring you up to the full 100 VIP points, so that you wouldn't have to buy anything else in order to get to the $5.00. It's unclear whether or not they sent you an email to that effect, but I assume so. But you didn't ask a question that really has an answer-- I mean, really, how are you going to redeem credit with a company you're refusing to deal with?

11) You emailed customer service again, this time asking whether or not you could stop receiving the LEGO catalog, because "prices are ridicilous" (your spelling).

12) They apparently responded by telling you what you needed to do.

So, really, I think you've been misleading us terribly with your posts. You're not mad because they sent you freebies. You're mad because you had some sort of problem with your order, and since there's not much they can do about it, you feel like the freebies don't make up for their lack of knowledge as to the cause of the problem, and/or their solution to it (if any). IE, "thanks for the freebies, but really, I wanted better service". Not "screw you for sending me free stuff!" which is what you make it sound like.

DaveE

Yes! That's a great summary, you need a medal for all that work.

Thank you.

Why do I keep reading this? My brain cells are dying.

So, really, I think you've been misleading us terribly with your posts. You're not mad because they sent you freebies. You're mad because you had some sort of problem with your order, and since there's not much they can do about it, you feel like the freebies don't make up for their lack of knowledge as to the cause of the problem, and/or their solution to it (if any). IE, "thanks for the freebies, but really, I wanted better service". Not "screw you for sending me free stuff!" which is what you make it sound like.

DaveE

Thank you for the summary. This is an excellent point. I had been thinking it but the rash and my lack of brain cells kept me from putting in that effort.

No,TLG are such nice people on the phone. :classic:

I brought CMF and I got the artist and I found out a item was missing,so I phoned them.The next day I found out they sent me three packs of CMF :tongue:

So they are quite nice people