Sign in to follow this  
Peppermint_M

MOC: The Jitterbug

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

5952006246_29f28dba26_z.jpg

The Jitterbug is the culmination of years of research by one dedicated man, Charles “Pocket” Stone.

Called so for his desire to create smaller and smaller objects. Desiring to create the Mini Cooper of the aviation world he designed this tiny plane. Capable of short span takeoffs and quite a good flight range, especially when using the principals of gliding. The plane only uses fuel during take-off, utilising its tiny size and good air currents to cross long distances.

Admired for its economy of fuel and space, the Jitterbug is set to become standard as the mini of the sky.

While building planes I decided to set myself the challenge of creating the smallest possible plane that would still fit a minifigure pilot. This was the result.

The third in my series of planes.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed!

Awwww, its soooooooooooo cute, with the iddy-biddy wings and all. Cool stuff Pep. Sky-Fi is made for you!

Indeed, the whole idea of it is one I adore :classic:

Also, thelow part count and simple build makes it easy to multiply (I just need to buy the parts) So I might make a few more in the future.

I love this! Not only is it tiny and cartoon-like, you've still managed to include some really nice details.

Yay for Sky-Fi! :wub:

I agree this is a cute little plane. Looks a little stubby to fly, but that's what Sky-Fi is about, and besides, they said that about the bumble bee :laugh:

There looks to be an interesting decal or print on the underside, any chance of a picture? :moar:

Pretty neat! I tried building some Sky-Fi, never did get anywhere.....

There looks to be an interesting decal or print on the underside, any chance of a picture? :moar:

I think that's a sticker from the Exo-Force grand titan. Then again, the whole piece might be from there.

Pretty neat! I tried building some Sky-Fi, never did get anywhere.....

I think that's a sticker from the Exo-Force grand titan. Then again, the whole piece might be from there.

Correct! The plane is made nearly wholly from the two large curved wedges from this set, I also liked the stickers final result, including the happy conicidence that they were still the right way up when used.

I must also point out that next to no SkyFi plane would ever fly in real life, they come from a dimension where physics has had a good kicking and knows it's place.

I must also point out that next to no SkyFi plane would ever fly in real life, they come from a dimension where physics has had a good kicking and knows it's place.

I was going for a "round belly" look to the ship. I ran out of parts to finish it. I know I've got piuctures around here somewhere......

Wow, so there is another sky-fi builder on Eurobricks, yay! I really uite like this little plane, and the gliding is definitely a good idea! Also the shaping is very well done, and you still managed to squeeze in a good amount of detail on such a small build! Excellent work mate :grin:

This is adorable. The engine is stubbly and still looks like it could function and fits in with the rest of the plane, which I love. I actually love the touch of yellow at the end of the nose, which may normally bother me, but it's a nice tip and small, and works well with the red. My one complaint is that it gets a little too heavy on the red in the back. Our eyes are drawn to space filled by a lot of solid color, because it's easier to look at. The edges of the wings and the back where there are stubs could use any of your other highlight colors to make them seem a little less dull. But all and all, an adorable build!

Great work, Pep. This is a really unique plane. I love the little story behind it. You remind me of Siegfried in that you put a lot of thought into the story of a MOC. I also love MOCs that use a limited number of parts to create a challenge for the builder. This is very successful. Great work! :thumbup: More planes please. :sweet:

Great work, Pep. This is a really unique plane. I love the little story behind it. You remind me of Siegfried in that you put a lot of thought into the story of a MOC. I also love MOCs that use a limited number of parts to create a challenge for the builder. This is very successful. Great work! :thumbup: More planes please. :sweet:

Well I have two more :laugh: