Sign in to follow this  
Berry Syedow

When Islanders Attack...

An overview of the MOC:

islanders01.jpg

Le Petit Capitaine

Amidst the ensuing chaos four brave Islanders attempt to ram the doors.

Dr. Pineapple readies the cannon while Tophat Mcgee surveys the area with his pistol, har!

Mr. smiley meanders and Joe Guy pours some boiling oil onto the islanders-->

Hitherman keeps a look out, sniping meanwhile.

The absent crew mates catch on to the situation.

The Islander Sniper has his eye on Old Biff...

The roof hatch opens up leading to...

...a collapsable wall; it is the only entrance to the third level and it is a last resort for survival if the islanders ever manage to overtake the fortress.

Before Le Petit Capitaine founded the pirate stronghold, conquistadors vanquished the previous inhabitants. Therefore Capt. Petit took advantage of the existing ruins and expanded his narrow wooden tower into a mighty fortress! Unaware that another tribe of Islanders occupied the river's other side. When the Islander Chief learned of the desecration of the ruins he demanded justice and set out to avenge their perished brethren. The first battle failed. This is their second execution. ;-)

Brickshelf Gallery when public.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Updated with smaller pictures.

And so the Islanders should damn well attack! But exactly who are they attacking? The Captain's name appears to be French...

And so the Islanders should damn well attack! But exactly who are they attacking? The Captain's name appears to be French...

The Islanders are attacking a band of pirates headed by a French Man who considers himself to be the reincarnation of Napoleon Bonaparte. :-D They know he's crazy, but he takes in one hefty sum of booty!

Sorry for not making that clear.

You could get away setting it as early as 6th of May 1821 and the Napoelon reincarnation would be feasible.

You could get away setting it as early as 6th of May 1821 and the Napoelon reincarnation would be feasible.

Arr, if only ye could be reincarnated whilst still alive!

Arr, if only ye could be reincarnated whilst still alive!

i love it, very comical. I especially like the pirate with two hooks being sniped. so clueless! :) The model is pretty outstanding. I can't think of much you could improve, it looks like the walls fold away nicely so you can move the figs around, thats some times hard to do with full walls. kudos. I like how you built your raises instead of using rased baseplates. the color scheme is right on the money too. Though it does look odd to have a mortar structure then a wooden structure, but makes sense that it is an add on... Its pretty cool overall. Glad to see the islanders doing something!

i love it, very comical. I especially like the pirate with two hooks being sniped. so clueless! :) The model is pretty outstanding. I can't think of much you could improve, it looks like the walls fold away nicely so you can move the figs around, thats some times hard to do with full walls. kudos. I like how you built your raises instead of using rased baseplates. the color scheme is right on the money too. Though it does look odd to have a mortar structure then a wooden structure, but makes sense that it is an add on... Its pretty cool overall. Glad to see the islanders doing something!

Thanks. I stick to my ode to never build anything too serious or historically correct. ;-) What annoys me about the folding wall is that unless it's two studs deep it looks a bit messy. This is my first foray into making a brick built base, so I'm pleased it turned out well. (Now to purchase more green bricks...) Unfortunately I do not own enough log walls to make a decent MOC with. That shall change after I purchase a Viking Fortress.

If I can find a "Joe Vig" head the Islanders will have more to do... X-D

Excellent Moc!

It's nice to see the islanders are in on the action.

It looks like they are seeking revenge for their dead islander brother hanging in the tree?

Anyways, I love the stone building and the landscaping.

And that pirate with two hooks is pretty funny.

Great Stuff!

the islanders have always held a place in my heart... so colorful, very visually stimulating. the minifigs are just do fun !!! plus, i just love the idea of them using their environment as a weapon and for defense. ropebridges, crocodiles, ambush from trees... plus all of their "natural weapons."

i think you captured the spirit perfectly with the islander climbing the tree, and the skeleton dangling from overhead.

good to see some islander representation on EB !!!

- BrickMiner

Excellent Moc!

It's nice to see the islanders are in on the action.

It looks like they are seeking revenge for their dead islander brother hanging in the tree?

Anyways, I love the stone building and the landscaping.

And that pirate with two hooks is pretty funny.

Great Stuff!

Why thank ye, Jacob C! In a way they are seeking revenge, (their first failed attempt) but mostly for desecrating the ruins of their other fallen brothers. I'm glad you liked the structure and the landscaping. I'll probably take a few detailed shots of the stuff I missed, and retake the blurry ones. I had just enough green for the landscaping. That shall change after I buy some 4423's. (Which I see you have quite the collection of!)

Someone might have already caught it; old biff is a play on the word bi-fold. ;-)

the islanders have always held a place in my heart... so colorful, very visually stimulating. the minifigs are just do fun !!! plus, i just love the idea of them using their environment as a weapon and for defense. ropebridges, crocodiles, ambush from trees... plus all of their "natural weapons."

i think you captured the spirit perfectly with the islander climbing the tree, and the skeleton dangling from overhead.

good to see some islander representation on EB !!!

- BrickMiner

To be honest I never took a liking to the Islanders. This MOC made me appreciate them. That can be attributed to you, for inspiring me to build Islander MOCs, so I thank you, Brick Miner. I have quite a few more Islander ideas up my sleeves. It's just a matter of acquiring pieces. *sad*

that is great to hear !!! *y*

one thing i have always noticed about my pirate MOCing is that i always want to go bigger !!! bigger ships, bigger ports... well, same goes for islanders.

i always wanted to do a massive islander jungle/village, with a massive mau in the center. i always loved the forbidden cove mau... i was going to use that as a starting point, only much MUCH bigger !!! would have been a lot of (expensive) old gray !!!

- BM

that is great to hear !!! *y*

one thing i have always noticed about my pirate MOCing is that i always want to go bigger !!! bigger ships, bigger ports... well, same goes for islanders.

i always wanted to do a massive islander jungle/village, with a massive mau in the center. i always loved the forbidden cove mau... i was going to use that as a starting point, only much MUCH bigger !!! would have been a lot of (expensive) old gray !!!

- BM

That does sound wonderful, Brick Miner. If only all of the pirate fans could collaborate at a Brickfest like meeting and display all of their MOCs. It would be glorious!

Classic-Castle.com has quite a few standards for displays. Methinks the Pirate Forum should develop such a system. (Dealing with forts, ports, and whatnot.) It

Where is evidence of your Pirate MOCing? I have seen none since you've been here and that's shocking! :-D

You can stock up and do a Work In Progress thread. We won't mind!

Where is evidence of your Pirate MOCing? I have seen none since you've been here and that's shocking! :-D
is it that shocking ??? i've only published one MOC on the internet so far !!! :-D :-D :-D

wait i think you were being sarcastic... |-/ ;-) :-P

You can stock up and do a Work In Progress thread. We won't mind!
well, in the spirt of artists (like myself ;-) ) from the pirate area, i'll need a patron to fund the project :-D ;-)

actually, as much as id love to be the islander representative for this forum (i'll remind eveyone AGAIN, they are my third favorite theme)... its just not going to happen. i just unloaded a heafty some of USD on some minty MINT MISB Wild West sets... im so close to completeing my collection of PERFECT condition boxes !!!

however, phes... im sure if we stay in this hobby long enough, you'll see some islander MOCs by me !!! keep our fingers crossed *y* *n* <==== that is supposed to be fingers crossed *wacko* :-D

- BrickMiner

The Islanders are attacking a band of pirates headed by a French Man who considers himself to be the reincarnation of Napoleon Bonaparte. :-D They know he's crazy, but he takes in one hefty sum of booty!

Sorry for not making that clear.

Now I'm shocked! Did Napoleon Bonaparte die ???

Now I'm shocked! Did Napoleon Bonaparte die ???

Bonaparte, he refers to himself as Mr. Petit, to mask his megalomania from his crew. (I'll admit most of them discover his appetite for the grandiose lifestyle soon enough, so it is a bit silly, but he is a crazy man after all!)

In short, no. (At least not yet. ;-)) My MOCs are all interconnected through history and current events (within my "world"). I'd love to enhance my pictures with "bubble dialogue", but I do not have any Photoshop related programs and am without the skill to manipulate that type of program.