Hollander

[MOC] Acclamator V2

indexed.gif

As promised I would build a second (and better) version of the midi-scale Acclamator Star Destroyer. I hope you guys like it.

a26nth.jpg

5fqg78.jpg

3517dx3.jpg

2duickh.jpg

Very nicely executed. :thumbup:

Very nice Hollander :thumbup: :thumbup:. Did you take the old one apart for this or have you still got it?

Very nice Hollander :thumbup: :thumbup:. Did you take the old one apart for this or have you still got it?

I had to take the old one apart, because I had to use all my 3x6 wedge plates for this built. I'm still not satisfied with this version, so I will make a third version in a couple of months I guess.

Very nicely executed. :thumbup:

Thanks. :classic:

Huge improvements, Hollander! :thumbup: I can't spot any major missing details. I also love that you're still not satisfied. Builders that never settle do nothing but improve.

Huge improvements, Hollander! :thumbup: I can't spot any major missing details. I also love that you're still not satisfied. Builders that never settle do nothing but improve.

Thanks Brickdoctor (and others)!

The thing what I find is hard when building an Acclamator, is the angle which those plates have to make. I don't know exactly how to explain this in English, but the angle of those wedge plates is not sharp(?) enough to catch the shape of the Acclamator. The versions I made are both too pointed, if you know what I mean. Oh well, I'll try to explain myself with a picture I made quick with paint:

28rcj61.png

The upper one has about the shape the ship has now and next to it the very basis way to make the angle.

But I could also try to use a 3x12 wedge plate to make the right angle for the Acclamator, as seen in the bottom painting, and you automatically create the space in the shape of a triangel in the middle just like the real Acclamator has. This technique would make it look like far more realistic I guess.

Edited by Hollander

Quite cool! :thumbup: I for one, would love to see this as a midi-scale set. (Hey we can never get too many!) This MOC looks very nicely built and now I want to go build a midi-scale ship. :tongue:

Quite cool! :thumbup: I for one, would love to see this as a midi-scale set. (Hey we can never get too many!) This MOC looks very nicely built and now I want to go build a midi-scale ship. :tongue:

Thanks 'Masked Builder'! And if you want to build a Midi-scale ship yourself now, what are you waiting for? :wink::tongue:

Thanks 'Masked Builder'! And if you want to build a Midi-scale ship yourself now, what are you waiting for? :wink::tongue:

Is it possible to post photos of the inside ? (to see how it is made)

Is it possible to post photos of the inside ? (to see how it is made)

Darn, you're only 30 minutes too late... I just broke it down, sorry. :blush:

I made a 1-plate high frame, but no really special building technices or so. Everything was just connected with a bunch of hinges.

I'm waiting for your third version, then. :sweet:

The thing what I find is hard when building an Acclamator, is the angle which those plates have to make. I don't know exactly how to explain this in English, but the angle of those wedge plates is not sharp(?) enough to catch the shape of the Acclamator. The versions I made are both too pointed, if you know what I mean. Oh well, I'll try to explain myself with a picture I made quick with paint:

Ah. The problem comes from the use of 3x6 plates. I believe a more accurate angle can be achieved with the 8x4 wedge plate. (or at least that's what I've seen in other MOCs)

This is certainly a hundred times better than the first version, kudos for the continuous improvement Hollander! :thumbup: Though I don't know how you could still top this one as it already look perfect to me at midi-scale, perhaps expanding it to an ambitious UCS-scale one?

Very nice Hollander - much sleeker than version 1. :thumbup: . I'm also looking forward to V3.

WOW. You are relentless in the destruction of your own MOCs - I wish I could be more like this. I can't bring myself to take mine apart (not even the crap ones!).

Ah. The problem comes from the use of 3x6 plates. I believe a more accurate angle can be achieved with the 8x4 wedge plate. (or at least that's what I've seen in other MOCs)

I had the same thoughts. This bricklink folder includes an amazing Acclamator, the builder has also used those 4x8 wedge plates. Next month I will probably place a new Bricklink order and then also get my hands on a bunch of those wedge plates.

This is certainly a hundred times better than the first version, kudos for the continuous improvement Hollander! :thumbup: Though I don't know how you could still top this one as it already look perfect to me at midi-scale, perhaps expanding it to an ambitious UCS-scale one?

Can you read my thoughts KielDaMan? Because weeks before I made the first Acclamator, I promised myself to make an UCS Acclamator one day. :laugh: But, that won't happen this year I guess. Why? Well, I have to improve my skills a lot first before I dare to start such a huge build, neither I have the parts. I'm also not skilled enough on how to connect the upper and under hull plates to the frame, I was thinking about using magnets, just like in the UCS Star Destroyer. I don't know if there are any tutorials or tips & tricks can be bound on the web regarding those large wedge plate constructions.

Very nice Hollander - much sleeker than version 1. :thumbup: . I'm also looking forward to V3.

WOW. You are relentless in the destruction of your own MOCs - I wish I could be more like this. I can't bring myself to take mine apart (not even the crap ones!).

Thanks 'Praiter Yed'!

I know I probably deconstruct my MOC's earlier than most of the folks here, but the point is, ALL my lego is stationed at my grandparents' house. I'm here for a couple of weeks now, so I have to take my change on building a load of MOC's right? :tongue:

I had the same thoughts. This bricklink folder includes an amazing Acclamator, the builder has also used those 4x8 wedge plates. Next month I will probably place a new Bricklink order and then also get my hands on a bunch of those wedge plates.

Sounds good. I do like your idea of angling the plates inward as well, though. Maybe a fusion of both ideas.

Yep I know what I want to build now, you'll just have to wait to see it. :devil:

Thanks Brickdoctor (and others)!

[respectful snip]

The upper one has about the shape the ship has now and next to it the very basis way to make the angle.

But I could also try to use a 3x12 wedge plate to make the right angle for the Acclamator, as seen in the bottom painting, and you automatically create the space in the shape of a triangel in the middle just like the real Acclamator has. This technique would make it look like far more realistic I guess.

I applaud the amount of thought you've put into capturing the shape of the Acclamator accurately! :thumbup:

Have you tried hinged plates? (Something like what has been done here?)

Yep I know what I want to build now, you'll just have to wait to see it. :devil:

Is it that half-built Venator in your flickr? Or the Nu?

I agree with others that this is a huge improvement over the 1st version! The overall shape and color scheme really make this stand out and look quite accurate. I see your point about improving the shape/angles, but you could post this as a final version and I'd buy it! :wub: