BaronSat

[MOC] "Micro Collection" Death Star Escape

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello,

My last MOC a Death Star the way of the Kenner Micro Collection.

This model isn't a micro scale one, but inspired byt the "Micro Collection", a line of Kenner toys from the early 80's. Too bad this line wasn't very popular and had only a few models, the death Escape is one of them. As I'm a fan of vintage toys, I had to build this toy with Lego bricks.

Enjoy

Death-Star-Escape-Lego-01.jpg

Death-Star-Escape-Lego-02.jpg

Death-Star-Escape-Lego-03.jpg

Very good BaronSat. This seems better than the Lego version. It's bigger and more open. Having googled the set it's based on it looks like a good reconstruction in Lego.

I googled this too and it looks very realistic compared to the official toy, I like the cannon and all the minifigs spread out over this build, well done!

Lovely creation, but i think you misplaced some minifigs :P

Also very nice cannon.

Edited by P4trickvH

Very good BaronSat. This seems better than the Lego version. It's bigger and more open. Having googled the set it's based on it looks like a good reconstruction in Lego.

And it's just the half of the "death Star world", there were 2 toys and of course I build the "detah star compactor" too. I'll publish photos of that second model soon.

I googled this too and it looks very realistic compared to the official toy, I like the cannon and all the minifigs spread out over this build, well done!

Maybe I have oversized the cannon, but it's cool. I was probably in some manhood mood :D

Lovely creation, but i think you misplaced some minifigs :P

Also very nice cannon.

What? Do you mean Batman wasn't in the movie?! yet, I was sure :D

I should have put a link to the original toy, anyway here's one whith good pics.

Link to Kenner toy.

No link needed for me. It was instantly recognizable, but I guess the fact I had one helps for that.

Great build, and very nice overall look.

A very smooth looking construct, and a fantastic recreation of the source model. Lots of greebling and smaller details make this lovely to look at.

Great work, BaronSat! Playsets like this always interested me, and you've done well capturing the feel of them in LEGO.

Nice, dull it down and make it a little more simple design and I could see TLG creating this. Great little play features and awsome figs would make this a desirable set. Keep up the great work.

I'm actually old enough to remember the SW Micro coleections and this totally brings back memories for me! :sweet: Awesome idea and beautiful build! I love how you've recreated the look and all the playability of the original toy line. :wub:

Thanks guys, I'm pleased to see so many vintage SW toy's fans :sweet:

As many of you noticed, playability is something I care for because I still love figuring I can play with my models... in fact I don't build models I build toys. :laugh:

Very cool!! That's a fantastic reproduction. It would be awesome to see Lego take a cue from something like this. Maybe they could design a future Ewok Village set, based on the original Kenner playset.

Very nicely done, I love the smooth look of everything.

The multiple levels with a half cut open type of view is my favorite view for multilevel scenes.

Excellent job capturing the overall look of this 'micro-collection DS' toy perfectly in brickbuild BaronSat! And as always the presentation is as flawless as the build. :thumbup:

... Maybe they could design a future Ewok Village set, based on the original Kenner playset.

Thanks. Yes, that would be cool but I doubt they will do something like that one day as the original model belongs to Hasbro (who ate Kenner years ago). So it's up to us to bring those old things to life with our Lego bricks.

...I love all the details you put into this and I especially like your blaster :sweet:

Thanks. It seems everybody love that big gun! Next time I'll forget the set and just build a huge gun, which sounds sweet as I'm a lazy guy :laugh:

Seriously this set was easy and fun to build but the Trash Compactor was a real b... well you see what I mean :hmpf:

...The multiple levels with a half cut open type of view is my favorite view for multilevel scenes.

An open space with mutiples levels is a dollhouse (No Eliza Dushku here... too bad) but it works for all kind of models, from saloon to military base... fascinating as Spock would say *huh*

What a great idea to remake some nostalgic SW toys in Lego, and beautifully done too :thumbup:

I don't actually remember this particular version but I do remember the rubbish board one they made. :laugh:

That one is older (1977) but I love it too, the proof is here:

Palitoy DS in Lego

Excellent job capturing the overall look of this 'micro-collection DS' toy perfectly in brickbuild BaronSat! And as always the presentation is as flawless as the build. :thumbup:

Thanks and I'm really pleased and surprised too but pleased that so many people remember this old toys. It seems great toys live forever.

Edited by BaronSat