DLuders

Paul Boratko's Lego Technic Supercar Deluxe 2

Crowkillers.jpgD30.JPG.w560h356.jpgD11.JPG.w560h371.jpg

Many Lego Technic AFOLs have been anticipating Paul Boratko's newest Lego Technic Supercar Deluxe 2. :cry_happy: On his Crowkillers.com website, there is a new

of his "V10 all Wheel Drive with 4 Speed Transmission that has the front drive axle running between the center of the driving rings and the other end to the center differential box eliminating the need to re-route the front drive axle around the transmission. Everything runs in one straight line.

Full independent suspension. Hand of God [HoG] steering with working in car steering wheel.

Doors can be opened and closed by rolling a bevel gears on the rear deck lid. Rolling them forward opens each door and rolling them backwards closes the respective door. The spoiler can also be raised or lowered by rolling a small bevel gear between the seats. Forward raises it and backwards lowers it.

Transmission Ratios are as follows:

1st Gear 1 : 1

2nd Gear .60 : 1

3rd Gear .33 : 1

4th Gear .20 : 1

Wheels were Professionally Chrome Plated by Don Pierre of http://www.coatofchrome.com ."

See all 25 pictures of the Supercar Deluxe 2 on his webpage. :thumbup::thumbup: :thumbup:

D10.JPG.w560h367.jpgD13.JPG.w560h341.jpgD42.jpg.w560h420.jpg Edited by DLuders

Paul did an amazing job with this model all around. The angles he achieved with the new panels are beautiful. :thumbup::thumbup:

Don't like the studless, flex axles and gaps in the bodywork, but I admire the mechanics inside. No doubt it required lots of effort and planning.

I have been following Paul's work for quite some time and this looks to be his best outing yet, which is really saying something. The design and construction is excellent with a uniquely built transmission. I am glad that he didn't overdue the model filling in gaps with random technic pieces placed everywhere like had done in some of his previous larger models. This one has that pure technic look and feel to it. I too am hoping that he has this model on display at Brickfair. Paul, I would like to suggest that you make a small investment in a tripod. It would make your vids less shaky. :classic:

I have been following Paul's work for quite some time and this looks to be his best outing yet, which is really saying something. The design and construction is excellent with a uniquely built transmission. I am glad that he didn't overdue the model filling in gaps with random technic pieces placed everywhere like had done in some of his previous larger models. This one has that pure technic look and feel to it. I too am hoping that he has this model on display at Brickfair. Paul, I would like to suggest that you make a small investment in a tripod. It would make your vids less shaky. :classic:

I agree to everything stated here. I think his cars have had a bit heavy look to them, but this has a pure technical look to it.

I even agree in the tripod idea. May i suggest you put a micro transaction thing on your site? I would be happy to give you some cash to continue your great work. Maybe you could sell instructions, maybe even whole sets...

Great work!

Edited by Nazgarot

Actually this is really the most beautiful Lego Tech car I have ever seen.

You know, the more that I look at it, the more that I think you may be right. :classic: The image that really stands out to me is this one.

a805.jpg

You must have never seen Sheepo's Bugatti or newest Porsche model then. They are the best technic models and have many many more working functions. This model here is very nice, but is lacking the necessary functions that make it comparable to the ultimate technic supercars that Sheepo built.

There is one big difference between the cars made by Sheepo and this model by Crowkillers/Paul Boratko: PowerFunctions.

Paul's model has NONE!

And that is what I like most about his model. It is built accordingly the LEGO-code, has awsome looks and has high playability,

Very well done! :thumbup:

Marcus, do not compare what can't be compared ;-)

You speak about a model which owns approximativly 3500-4000 parts, a lot of power functions and a other car which is only 1500-2000 parts, and has no power functions. The two cars are built in a different approach and so are not comparable.

Moreover, Sheepo took three years to create his Porshe, where Paul took only a few months.

By the way, to answer at your comment in the topic studless/studfull, it's not because one person has decided to use studless to reach his goal that studless had to be better than studfull ;-). As many have already say, it all depends of your goals.

Edited by GuiliuG

Ouch!! not again that empty discussion :angry::hmpf::wacko: If you are a real fan of sheepo just stop this trolling arround the internet, I'm friend of sheepo and he feels sad whit this..

And Yes, this photo is outstanding! If you look it at 2 meters far you see a real top view of a car.

a805.jpg

Usin the "LEGO CODE" is not easy, but the results where just clean and "perfect" in technical terms. Hope you understand what i want to say ( what I mean)... :classic::hmpf_bad:

Edited by parda

There is one big difference between the cars made by Sheepo and this model by Crowkillers/Paul Boratko: PowerFunctions.

Paul's model has NONE!

And that is what I like most about his model. It is built accordingly the LEGO-code, has awsome looks and has high playability,

I am not a big fan of the power functions either. Don't get me wrong, it is amazing what people have done with them and how some of the official Lego sets have incorporated them, but I just hate changing batteries. I would rather use a knob or crank to make functions work. There are some situations where they are a must, like in the new Unimog set.

Edited by Meatman

I see that Blakbird has some new renders up of this model. Is there a chance that instructions may follow? :sweet:

1-icon.jpg

Blakbird, have you built this model yet? I am assuming yes?

I see that Blakbird has some new renders up of this model. Is there a chance that instructions may follow? :sweet:

Blakbird, have you built this model yet? I am assuming yes?

Hmm, I wonder why I would go to all the trouble of building a CAD model of this car? Could it be that there will be something available as a result of this effort in the future? I guess we'll find out. :sweet:

final3.jpg

No, I haven't actually built it yet, but I am collecting parts for it now. Looks like about 1850 parts to complete this beauty. Paul sent me the actual physical car to use as reference when building the CAD file, and I can confirm that it is one of the most beautiful Technic cars I have ever seen. The functions are also phenomenally good.

revolve.gif

I had a chance to see this car at Brickfair. IMHO, this is one of the best looking Technic cars I have seen. Paul did an excellent job creating this. :thumbup:

I had a chance to see this car at Brickfair. IMHO, this is one of the best looking Technic cars I have seen. Paul did an excellent job creating this. :thumbup:

Your Back-hoe model was excellent as well..! Very unique and original wheel design... You have some extraordinary skills, that is for sure.. Can't wait to see what amazing models you bring next year...

Paul's model has NONE!

I absolutely agree with you on this one! It's probably the best supercar which can go straight to the stores!

I do feel a bit sorry for C3PO though :laugh::wink:

I absolutely agree with you on this one! It's probably the best supercar which can go straight to the stores!

I do feel a bit sorry for C3PO though :laugh::wink:

The model turned out ok, but would never be something that would ever be released by Lego... 1850 parts is far too many to be included into a model of this 1:10 scale...

The model turned out ok, but would never be something that would ever be released by Lego... 1850 parts is far too many to be included into a model of this 1:10 scale...

Maybe it's time for TLC to introduce a new 'Hard to Find' series for Technic similar to the modular buildings. Both are high detail designs with lot's of parts and designed for AFOLs. This beautiful model would probably be a bestseller. Good job!

I know, it was meant as a compliment default_laugh_new.gif

(I really like the looks)

Maybe it's time for TLC to introduce a new 'Hard to Find' series for Technic similar to the modular buildings. Both are high detail designs with lot's of parts and designed for AFOLs. This beautiful model would probably be a bestseller. Good job!

That would be awesome!!

Edited by Gekke Ted