Sign in to follow this  
AussieJimbo

MOD: Steep Hillside House with interior 5771

Lego's Hillside House is a great set but I always though the hillside itself was pretty minimal, so I decided to modify if for a more challenging site. I started out with the house plot itself, a 16 x 64 footprint rising sharply to the rear and it snowballed from there.

With the modified house built, I needed a nice windy driveway to get down the road level but it couldn't just hang there without some landscaping so I had to build the hillside. Having got that underway, I realised I had enough room to fit in the log cabin set and also give the kayaker a little more room to play. From there the landscape really took shape and I've got to say I'm very pleased with the outcome.

Both buildings have full interiors, including kitchens, sleeping areas and a bathroom in the Hillside House. The Log Cabin has a thunderbox out the back but that will have to wait until I expand the scenery.

Here are a few photos, I hope you like it.

steep.hillside.house.1 (Small).jpg

Large

steep.hillside.house.2 (Small).jpg

Large

steep.hillside.house.3 (Small).jpg

Large

steep.hillside.house.4 (Small).jpg

Large

steep.hillside.house.5 (Small).jpg

Large

steep.hillside.house.6 (Small).jpg

Large

steep.hillside.house.view.1 (Small).jpg

Large

steep.hillside.house.view.2 (Small).jpg

Large

steep.hillside.house.trailer (Small).jpg

Large

steep.hillside.house.cabin.interior (Small).jpg

Large

steep.hillside.house.lounge.1 (Small).jpg

Large

steep.hillside.house.lounge.2 (Small).jpg

Large

steep.hillside.house.lounge.3 (Small).jpg

Large

steep.hillside.house.bedroom (Small).jpg

Large

steep.hillside.house.bathroom.2 (Small).jpg

Large

steep.hillside.house.bathroom.1 (Small).jpg

Large

steep.hillside.house.preview (Small).jpg

Large

Feedback and suggestions always appreciated.

:classic: :classic:

Edited by AussieJimbo

Wow! Now that's a hillside house! Great job giving each house its own special landscaping, and the interiors are nice too :thumbup:

This is absolutely superb. I love everything about it! Good job on making interiors for such cramped spaces. That's no easy task :)

Gorgeous landscaping here. The tan and the green work brilliantly together. Overall this MOC looks like a lovely, cosy place to live and makes me extremely jealous of the minifigs living there!

Great work, keep it up! :thumbup:

-A.S.

Wow that's very nicely done! I'd happily move into that Hillside House any day. Great idea to combine it with the log cabin. :thumbup:

Awesome creation 'AJ'. The two houses together look great and the landscaping is awesome. I love the drive way leading to the HS House, too. Excellent job default_classic.gif

Thanks everyone. It's great to log on the next day and see all this nice feedback. The fun is in the build itself but it's a real bonus when it's appreciated by others too.

Cheers, Locutis and icy brick.

You just did what Lego should've done. A real Hillside! Nice job!

Hehe, call those original few steps a hill. ;-)

Wow! Now that's a hillside house! Great job giving each house its own special landscaping, and the interiors are nice too :thumbup:

Cheers, prateek. Glad you like that detail.

This is absolutely superb. I love everything about it! Good job on making interiors for such cramped spaces. That's no easy task :)

Thanks, L@go. It was certainly a challenge. I was most pleased with being able to fit in a bathroom and was surprised just how much kitchen I could get in under those redesigned stairs.

Gorgeous landscaping here. The tan and the green work brilliantly together. Overall this MOC looks like a lovely, cosy place to live and makes me extremely jealous of the minifigs living there!

Great work, keep it up! :thumbup:

-A.S.

Wow that's very nicely done! I'd happily move into that Hillside House any day. Great idea to combine it with the log cabin. :thumbup:

Cheers, A.S and iElkie. You read my mind. When finished, I was thinking how nice it would be to have my coffee on that balcony each morning. The house has all the mod cons.

Awesome creation 'AJ'. The two houses together look great and the landscaping is awesome. I love the drive way leading to the HS House, too. Excellent job default_classic.gif

Cheers LGG. It's fun driving that little blue car up and down.

Thanks again to all for your responses.

Edited by AussieJimbo

wonderful details in there! I love the scenary, I really think you should expand it more for all the creater houses. :sweet:

Thanks Fuzzylegobricks.

I'd really love to do that but getting the bricks together to do more will take a while. I've used up almost all my stocks of green, brown and beige, much of it coming from the many, many Log Cabin sets I originally bought for my big engine shed. (I wish I had access to a PAB wall somewhere).

Once I have the raw materials the plan is for the stream and hill to continue around to the left, with a wooded area behind the cabin. The hill will then flatten out on top where I can put an Apple Tree House. Need to get another one of those too before they are discontinued because I've used up all of those multiples I bought on my train station.

Alternately I might put the Family Home up on top of the hill, I've managed to resist the temptation to pull it apart for bricks. Then the ATH would go in to the left of the cabin. There may also be a train track emerging from a tunnel in the cliff, running along the other side of the stream.

That will likely take up another 64 x 64 space (adding another 32 x 64 if the ATH goes in on the left) though I might be able to get it done in 64 x 48 if I leave out the train track. Either way it's a large longer term project that I can keep building on. Beyond that I also intend to integrate this alongside my funicular railway which means another metre or two of scenery further down the slope. It will keep me busy for a while.

Edited by AussieJimbo

'AJ' like I said in my PM.....one word.....IMPRESSIVE ! :grin:

The interior of both houses are just fantastic, very busy, but very well done - Keep them comming 'AJ'.....Brick On fellow AUSSIE AFOL ! :grin:

Your brickwork is something else. I like how it's not super parts-intensive. It achieves what it should and matches the whole Creator line nicely.