brickcitydepot

Neoclassical Bank - Modular Building

This project has taken me forever to finish. It has been sitting on the back burner for a while. I had the first floor sans interior done for a while before I started on the rest and only recently got the interior finished. The first floor has a teller window and a few desks. The second floor has a vault or a security box room, and a loan office. The third floor is an office area where the employees are hard at work. It was loosely based on the First National Bank building in Richmond, VA.

5941940588_95a281925c_z.jpg

Neoclassical National Bank 1 by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

5941937170_91794be57c_z.jpg

Neoclassical National Bank 8 by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

5941937340_8145f1f103_z.jpg

Neoclassical National Bank 7 by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

5941937606_c60863ecd7_z.jpg

Neoclassical National Bank 6 by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

5941937940_003feb3405_z.jpg

Neoclassical National Bank 5 by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

5941938594_58b38ed7b5_z.jpg

Neoclassical National Bank 4 by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

WOW! This is awesome 'bcd'! Takes me right to NYC (or similar large city default_laugh2.gif). Excellent work on it's architecture as well as it's interior. Very well done default_classic.gif

Fabulous work, BCD.

Great architectural and interior details.

Very well done.

:classic: :classic:

Edited by AussieJimbo

This building just screams bank, very well done! :thumbup:. But what really catches my eye is that fantastic dollar sign. How on earth is it holding together, or even attached to the building? My head just won't accept what my eyes see :wacko:.

Great architecture and $! :thumbup: And a nice interior, though I would have added some stairs...

I'm not a great fan of modulars myself, but this certainly caught my eye! This is just amazing! :cry_happy: A very big well done to you!

Nice! The facade is fabulous and easily this MOC's best feature (with that amazing dollar sign, naturally). And I very much like the vault!

Not entirely sold on the rest of it though, and my personal opinion is that all modulars should have stairs - I agree with cimddwc there. I think it would have looked better with some windows on the back wall, although it's possible that you've gone for that 'bunker' feel for a purpose. The interior is a tiny bit of a letdown - looks a bit plain - after that amazing facade.

Now, I have to emphasize that I do think it's a great MOC - it's just that you've set the standards so high with your earlier work :) I've bought a few instructions from you and they are great. I would have bought even more if you'd included stairs in more of your buildings...

Edited by L@go

Excellent interior - great teller counters and safe, though there is no stairs or lift to gain access to those levels ! :look::wink:

Beautiful exterior though, the dark green windows really sell it ! :grin:

Keep up the cool work 'brickcitydepot' and Brick On ! :grin:

Wow! Very nicely done! I especially like the exterior building architecture.

Locutis

I love the Dolar sign and the exterior is fantastic. Again like other have said the building has a nice interior but does need stairs or a elevator.

Great architecture and $! :thumbup: And a nice interior, though I would have added some stairs...

i was looking for the stairs too. or a lift.

However the facade is of great-details and intricacies!! :thumbup:

That is another great building 'brickcitydepot' :thumbup:

The facade looks great, especially with that golden dollar sign. The interior is also nice.

Initially, I was also wondering about the missing staircase or elevator. But a real building would have been two or three times as deep at least.

So I would say that the staircase is in the parts you didn't built, leaving more space for an interesting interior. :classic:

Great work - even without a large $, I would still immediately associate this with a bank. Dark green windows go well with all the gray, and the detailing is very intricate without being fussy or distracting.

I'm honestly not bothered with the lack of stairs, as they really eat up interior space and even a wider modular like this is much smaller than an average city building in real life.

After all the stairs comments I went back to look at the pics (because I hadn't missed the stairs) and I think you could easily fit some in, you even look to have left space for them in the middle of the floor with the vault.

I think this is a great Moc though, I love the $ and the vault door, and the whole place really shouts Bank!

Great job

D