Sign in to follow this  
Eleanor Rigby

Eleanor Rigby

Hello! This is my first EB post and my first MOC. Enjoy!

It's a bit of a WIP, so suggestions are welcome. :classic:

I based my MOC on the Beatles song "Eleanor Rigby", or actually one line of it. It was a simple build but it was fun (of course :sweet: ) and was also really easy to do because the song is so descriptive and makes a clear picture in your mind.

EDIT: More pictures on Post #5 :).

The verse goes:

Eleanor Rigby/ picks up the rice in the church where a wedding has been/ lives in a dream/ Waits at the window/ wearing the face that she keeps in a jar by the door/Who is it for?

Here are the pictures, plus more on my Photobucket. (Linky)

Firstone.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

I tried to make to church completely symmetrical with the pews and archway-vine decoration, the symmetry only to be destroyed by the flowers, confetti, and Eleanor picking up the rice.

Thanks in advance for feedback!

Edited by Eleanor Rigby

Neat MOC so far 'E R'. I can't wait to see it progress. BTW I love that song! "All the lonely people" (had to listen to David Cook) butcher the singerdefault_hmpfbad.gif... Oh well, great start anyway, and welcome to EB default_classic.gif

Nice work 'Eleanor Rigby', are you planning on MOCing more from the song ? :classic:

Welcome to EB and Brick On ! :grin:

Nice work 'Eleanor Rigby', are you planning on MOCing more from the song ? :classic:

Your wish is my command...

Father Mackenzie, writing the words of a sermon that no one will hear (sorry, a bit dark; if you want lighter pictures just ask :sceptic: ) No one comes near...

OK-1.jpg

Look at him working, darning his socks in the night when there's nobody there... What does he care? (Yes, that's a sock, not a banana peel :sadnew: )

Okk-1.jpg

Eleanor Rigby, died in the church and was buried along with her name, nobody came...

okey.jpg

Father Mackenzie, wiping the dirt from his hands as he walked from the grave, no one was saved...

hergrave-1.jpg

More pictures here.

Hope you like, sorry about the dark (not to mention blurry :wacko: ) pictures, but I was trying to capture the picture described in the song...

The graveyard was my favorite (is this weird? :tongue:) . No one put flowers on Eleanor's grave (the one with the fresh dirt) but a flower fell off a nearby plant, perhaps showing that someone, out there... might have cared. >SNIFF< :cry_sad:

ANYWAY. I tried to make Father Mackenzie too cheerful as he walked from the grave. "All in a day's work" kind of thing. :D

The END! (As always, constructive criticism is welcome, not to mention expected :laugh: )

Dark is good, it always keeps them guessing. I really like your creation, I have never really done a vignette and I think yours has given me inspiration to finally do one, or two for that matter, okay, maybe more.

Thanks for sharing Eleanor

pic2-2-1.gif

Play Well eh...The legodac Brickerage Firm