Blacktron

Project: Aliens - Colonial Marines

My first Xenos are ready! Finally I'm pretty much satisfied with the Xeno molds I've made. The Ribcage is like a removable armor with the tail and the tubes connected to it. You can turn the head and the hands, the feet are glued to the minifigure legs. I've completed a first group of 9 warriors. One of them is a gift for my girlfriend, one will be a gift for Missing Brick and I will offer some in the Sale thread. Let's see if I can find a new home for them.

HudsonXenobetter_zps5eaa42b6.jpg

XenoGroup_zps30e03e2f.jpg

Xenofront_zps5915f0eb.jpg

Xenoside_zpsfe364710.jpg

Xenoback_zps3ca3382b.jpg

As always, I'm very thankful for feedback. :classic:

Edited by Blacktron

These look very cool. Great job on the design and molding! Good idea to make the ribcage and back pipes like body armour. And that's cool the hands and head can still be turned. I'll have to start thinking of cool Alien scenes to moc now.

Blacktron, I have to say, your Xenos look fantastic!

Not only because of the fine job you did with the sculpting, etc. but, because of how you have still managed to keep that classic LEGO 'vibe' for the figs. Even with all of their 'spiky bits', they still give off that classic minifigure feel.

GREAT job!

I love the Marine figs, too...but, I have to say, I think they would look better if they were all 'fleshies', rather than the mix that you've currently shown...though, I don't know if there is enough of a selection of faces available to you to render each character. Either way, very nicely done. I look forward to seeing more updates on your work!

Thanks very much for the feedback! :-)

Oh wow, those Zenos look amazing dude! Awesome job, best Lego Zenomorphs I've ever seen for sure!

Thanks! And that means a lot. I did a google picture search for Xeno Minifigures when mine were completed and there is a lot of them out there. ;-)

Blacktron, I have to say, your Xenos look fantastic!

Not only because of the fine job you did with the sculpting, etc. but, because of how you have still managed to keep that classic LEGO 'vibe' for the figs. Even with all of their 'spiky bits', they still give off that classic minifigure feel.

GREAT job!

Thanks Ogre! :-)

I love the Marine figs, too...but, I have to say, I think they would look better if they were all 'fleshies', rather than the mix that you've currently shown...though, I don't know if there is enough of a selection of faces available to you to render each character. Either way, very nicely done. I look forward to seeing more updates on your work!

A few month ago another fan asked me to use some fleshy arms and hands for the Hicks and Hudson customs I was building for him. I did so and he was very happy with his figures. He converted his Marines to fleshies. I asked him for some pictures of his converted figures but I never got some. So I think I have to build a fleshie squad myself someday. The only problem for me is that most of them would have completely different faces, because the ones I use since years for them aren't available in skin color.Thanks for this suggestion.

Edited by Blacktron

This is so cool. I've only had a little time to zip through these pages and check out the progress from the beginning, but I have to say this is one of the coolest minifig mods I've seen yet. I've been a huge fan of Aliens since I was a kid, and have to say you did such an awesome job in recreating all the characters, their armor, helmet and weapons. Totally love that APC model too. I'm definitely following this thread.

Thanks very much, dlefik2014. *So much feedback!* *does not compute* *system overload* *system failure* :wacko:

I've thought about the idea to change this thread these days, so that the newest customs would always be on top of the topic. But I think it's better this way. It shows the evolution Project Colonial Marines has taken from it's beginning pretty good. And you just gave me confirmation for that. Thanks very much for your feedback! :classic:

Edited by Blacktron

My son loved his two Colonial Marines I ordered. He keeps them in a special bag and an old knife box to keep them safe. He wants to do a youtube review of them. If I can get him sorted out hopefully we'll film it this weekend. I'll post back when we do. Thanks again. These are really top notch and your xenos turned out really well.

Thanks for this feedback, razeak. That fact that there are fans out there who love their Marines so much and keep them protected like a rare gem really gives me a good feeling. When your video review is complete, please post a link for us. Thanks! :-)

Will do. I've slowly worked my way toward Michael Biehn on twitter lol. I got a favorite on him recently and his wife sees me in her feed. I'll be sure to post the video there too!

He was actually pretty nervous since we were address the video directly to somebody. Thanks again! I'll probably hit you up for next Christmas! Edited by razeak

Thanks for posting this, razeak! He is so cute. :classic:

Thats a nice review. More closeups of the figures would have been great, but I like the charm it has. Correction to one point: The Armor of both figures IS removable. :wink:

Yeah, I haven't bothered to let him know you can take the armor off for the reason he is 6. He wanted to say thank you and typically he is very much more descriptive, but was nervous over addressing the video to somebody. It was his idea to use the insert from an Aliens NECA figure as a quick background. :)

He loves doing the reviews but hadn't done one in a while. His NECA reviews are pretty good. He

Back on topic of the figures though.

I had a few messages and comments on AVPGalaxy.net concerning your figs and they requested the for sale thread so I linked it. I also made a suggestion that they were front page material(not that it means anything from me).

He did great. I don't have kids but my girlfriend got a 7year old son. And I really think he could'nt do a review that well. I couldn't do that either because I hate to see and hear myself on screen. Big thanks to him. :-)

And thanks very much for posting that link in other fan forums. I really appreciate this.

Hi rosslee03 and welcome to EB.

As this is a showcase topic over a year and a half old, and you are basically asking for items on sale, you should direct such questions in the relevant thread in the Buy Sell Trade and Finds section (remember: search option is your friend).

Hope to see your contributions to the Eurobricks Community soon! :classic:

Hi LuxorV,

I was looking in the relevant thread but did not seem to be able to post.

Do I need to comment on 10 posts before I can post on the Buy Sell Trade and Finds section?

Yes, you are right:

Note: Members are unable to participate in discussions here until they have reached "Vassal" rank by making 10 posts to the site.

I should have checked that aspect, too. :blush:

It would seem you'll need to contribute a bit more before you can do that.

Hi, do you still have some of the Wey-Yu PMCs in stock or for sale? If so, I would love to buy some. I am interested in buying one of the grunts and one of the engineers. Please contact me here: 

Edited by LuxorV
Removed e-mail address.

Hello CorporalBrickDan55, and welcome to Eurobricks.

It would seem you only joined here to contact the OP asking for his products. You're also circumventing the Buy, Sell, Trade and Finds section rules (discussed in the posts above yours) by posting in the Minifig Customisation Workshop instead.

This kind of behaviour is not a good presentation card on your side. Please be sure to re-check the Site Guidelines you accepted upon registering, and maybe make and introduction topic in the Hello! My name is... section.

I'm looking forward to see your more constructive contributions to our community, and in time you'll reach the proper rank to post in the Buy, Sell, Trade and Finds section.