Blacktron

Project: Aliens - Colonial Marines

Thanks for your feedback. :-)

I don't know about Fury Prisoners or the Rescue Squad of Alien 3. I never liked them very much. What I would love to do is some of the Way-Yu troops from the colonial marines game. But the problem is there are no heads from Lego available that would fit for them.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130606151922/avp/images/1/1c/CON_WYPMC.jpg

These are fabulous. My 4 and 6 year old just built a marine outpost today and played Aliens lol. My 6 year old loves the movies as much as I do. I think I'll try and order some of these when you have them available. Great work.

Thanks for your feedback, Razeak. You watch the Aliens movies with a 6 year old? :look: I think I was about 12 or 13 when I watched them for the first time and I had nightmares about facehuggers for weeks. :laugh:

Haha yeah. My mother introduced me to Aliens in 1986 when I was 5. I had nightmares for years. My son isn't scared of it. It's funny how he never gets scared of modern movies, but we watched the original Dracula and the rubber bats on strings scared him enough I had to turn it off. I'm showing him this thread now and he loves it and can identify Hicks and several others.

Just checking in. I'm thinking if I can get a hold of a few they'll make great Christmas gifts.

Hi Razeak! Sure, go ahead. :wink:

Availability, prices, shipping costs - you'll find in this thread: http://www.eurobrick...pic=58464&st=50

or write me a mail to: RomeVox@web.de

@topic: I will really go down that route of making the Wayland Yutani PMCs. The flamethrower trooper will be the first one I'll post pictures of. Soon...

Edited by Blacktron

Okay, time for a little update. I've just completed my work on a new group. New versions of Bishop, Lt. Gorman und the two Drop Ship Pilots.

GroupRalf_zps1236e759.jpg

Also, as mentioned before, the Wayland-Yutani PMCs in the "Aliens - Colonial Marines" Videogame impressed me very much. This reference pic of the troopers has been on my desktop for a long time and I thought about Lego Customs of these guys.

CON_WYPMC_zps3a745a0b.jpg

Finally I've found the time to give it a try. First I've tried the Incinerator Trooper and it took me a lonk time to sculpt the helmet, body armor and backpack for him. This is how he turned out:

Way-YuIncinerator_zps9d684d16.jpg

It seems the black Incinerator Trooper is only an Artwork. All the troopers I've seen in the game are white and grey. So there will be a second version of this trooper in these colour. When I was satisfied with the prototype sculpt and molds, I've made some more of those black troopers.

Way-YuIncinerator3_zps27db9f89.jpg

Way-YuIncineratorGroup2_zps68cca713.jpg

Way-YuIncineratorGroup_zpsb0503fc1.jpg

Long term plan is to build the other three troopers too. That would be the Way-Yu Smartgunner, Elite PMC and regular PMC. I doubt there is much interest for Custom Way-Yu troopers from other aliens fans. But if there is, I will offer some of those in the Sale Thread.

The first white and gray version of the Incinerator Trooper is complete. This is how they look in the videogame. I'm not 100% satisfied about it. Not an easy task working with those light colours. There is room for improvement when I build some more of these.

BlackampWhiteII_zpsf33ab3ad.jpg

BlackampWhite_zps053f30f9.jpg

Wow! Those troopers look great. I really need to play that Colonial Marines game sometime. I hear there's a new Alien game coming out soon too - based on the original movie...

I like the new Bishop & Gorman figs too - although I'm still fond of my mark1 versions. Just putting the finishing touches on a new medlab moc using them.

Ever thought about making an alien head piece? Larry lars made a great brick-built Alien, but the only piece that didn't really work was the 1x3 curved slope for a head - too blocky. It would be great to have something a little more accurate for the head - but keep Larry's brick-built body design. Just an idea.

Hi Missing Brick! Thanks very much for your feedback. It's great to read you. If you own a PS3, X-Box 360 etc. you should really play this game. It might be a little buggy, old fashioned and the story is nonsens, but I think it's a Musthave for Aliens fans in spite of that.

More WY Troopers are on the way. Painting them is a pain in the a.. right now. The only thing left to do is the headsculpt for the Elite Trooper, then I got all the parts I need for all four variants.

It's funny you ask me a about a Alien headsculpt. Indeed I got one in the works right now. So many people have asked me about Alien Minifigures - I thought I should give it a try. Update about it in a few week

And I'm looking forward to see your Medlab.... :classic:

Edited by Blacktron

Hi Blacktron,

I saw your excellent work on a google search and was wondering whether you were still making the Marines minifigs? Do you have a website I could buy some from?

Do you also make the Dropship and APC kits that I have seen your figures pictured with in dioramas? Again, awesome work, I'm really liking the WY PMCs too.

I've completed a new group of Marines. This time Hudson comes with many extras to recreate his look in the second half of the movie. Also this Vasquez headset is a new piece. I think its an improvement over the older versions. Less complicated to make and less flimsy.

MarinesfuumlrTris005_zps53e078cc.jpg

And my new prototype I'm working on right now. Please don't judge about the final figure based on this picture. It's still work in progress.

AlienPrototype_zpsd68631ac.jpg

Also my work on two new types of WayYu-troops is complete. Pictures soon...

The alien looks great. I like the 3-fingered hand. I'd also be interested in trying that head piece on a Larry Lars brick-built body:

3887137792_12e8e08f4b_z.jpg?zz=1

The brick-built body is very fragile and can be frustrating - but with some patience you can do some interesting running and crouching poses that aren't possible with a standard minifig body:

9989110053_ec50863d6f_z.jpg

Thanks very much for the feedback, Missing Brick. :classic:

I'll send you some alien heads when they are ready, so you can try them with the Larry Lars body. I like those brickbuild aliens for the many poses that are possible. But I have a problem with the Fragility. So I will try this different approach. The backside of the upperbody is a real problem with its four tubes and the tail. I'm still looking for a good solution for that.

Hey black, can you send me an email at razeak@hotmail.com? I can't use PMs yet and I would like to order a few marines if you have any in stock. Your sale thread doesn't make it clear whats in stock at the moment(unless I missed the post).

Hi Razeak! I think the Sale thread is updated, what's available is always in my latest posting. Thanks for your message, I'll contact you via Email. :classic:

Hi kidd30, and welcome to Eurobricks and the Minifig Customisation Workshop.

While your creations are indeed customs, this thread was created by Blacktron to showcase his versions. You might prefer to open your own thread and have talk about your work there. :wink:

I received the Cpl. Hicks and Vasquez for my son and I say the quality is top notch. I can't wait to see his face on Christmas.