Blacktron

Project: Aliens - Colonial Marines

Catsy on flickr made quite a good version of the M240:

4719130403_3ceb06b55e_z.jpg

"Materials used: BA M4, BA M6 Rocket, BA PSR, BA trans-blue bayonet prototype, sprue, kneadatite (green stuff), styrene tube, and paper clips."

Well, the original movie model was built off an M16. Seems like you could take a brickarms M16, cut off the barrel and most of the body, then attach a 1x1 circular brick for the canister. I can't find anything for the barrel.

Thanks for your suggestions, krystalKING. Your idea to use a Brickarms M16 is good. I think the barrel needs to be sculpted.

@Missing Link: Thanks! Catsys version looks fantastic. There is so much detail, it's amazing. I think it might be a little big, but I think it's very hard to make it even smaller. That list of the parts used might be helpful.

Edited by Blacktron

Wow, that is very close indeed. I really think the M240 has been the inspiration for this. Thanks very much, eldahctor.

I think I'll sculpt my own version, but I don't think it will turn out nicer than this one. I'm sure I will follow this method in the end: Trying own version - throwing it against the wall - trying again - wall - getting angry - buying Flamespitter online. ^^

I'm working on my newest group of colonial marines right now. Only the two smartgunners aren't there yet, but I will do them in the next few days. You see my interpretations of the entire movie squad with all the prominent characters like Hicks, Hudson and Apone. I hope you like them. I love the new Frost. It seems I have found a fitting head for him finally. I wonder if I should do a skin color group in the future.

GroupShot_zps0663538c.jpg

Apone, Hicks and Frost:

GroupShot2_zps81f88c6b.jpg

Wierzbowski, Dietrich, Hudson and Crowe:

GroupShot3_zps7cb87994.jpg

Project colonial marines is still running. Right now I'm building an APC, working on some new marine parts and finally I've found a fitting flamethrower for them.

Newest figures I've made were a Bishop and Dropship Pilot minifigure.

Bishop_zpsfb848245.jpg

BishopX2_zps71360b0c.jpg

DropshipPilot_zpsf3e2cc32.jpg

Also a fellow Colonial marines fan asked me for some unpainted armors, so he could build and paint his own little squad(s). Here you can see the unpainted parts - body armors, shoulder lamps and helmets with the neckflap attached.

Armors_zpsbaec4590.jpg

Edited by Blacktron

My newest versions of Hicks, Apone and Hudson. I don't know why Apone is always my favorite. For the first time with flamethrower.

Marines006_zps37c9a757.jpg

Edited by Blacktron

These are just amazing! The amount of work you have put into their uniforms, weapons, etc. is very impressive. Wow!

I've build some new figures. This time I've concentrated on the second half of the movie Aliens.

Vasquez without smartgunner armor:

Vasquez2ndhalf2_zpsb3963422.jpg

Vasquez2ndhalf_zps2133968a.jpg

Hicks without helmet:

Hicks2ndhalf_zps54adae25.jpg

Hicks2ndhalf2_zpsa211c6e6.jpg

And (for the first time) Ripley as she appears at the end of movie:

Ripleyend_zps145eb692.jpg

Ripleyend2_zpsf4fc9668.jpg

Two new figures and some Flamethrowers and Motion Trackers are complete:

Hudson without helmet (second half of the movie):

Hudson2ndhalf1_zpseb72d2d2.jpg

Hudson2ndhalf2_zps7e73c2ad.jpg

Gorman:

Gorman1_zps2c6c8b2a.jpg

Gorman2_zps8e2513bd.jpg

Some Motion Trackers and Flame Throwers:

MotionTrackers_zpsbd4d2cfd.jpg

Flamethrowers_zps023c3121.jpg

And just for fun two more group shots:

Team2_zpsdcd74cb6.jpg

Team1_zps879ace6a.jpg

These look fantastic. Please put me down for the Ripley and Gorman. (I'd buy the rest too but I already have your mark one versions of those characters!).

Edited by Missing Brick

@Missing Brick: Thanks very much! :-) You will get those characters. It's just a matter of time.

@King Pixels: Only Ripleys hair comes of, because it's a casted version of the CMF granny hair. The other characters have hair sculpted with greenstuff directly onto the minifigure head. It isn't removable from the head.

My newest wave of custom minifigures and my black APC are ready. C & C welcome. :classic:

Diorama1_zpsbc9a04cf.jpg

Diorama2_zpsfa87240a.jpg

Group1_zps0a269cb6.jpg

APC Design by Larry Lars. Thanks very much to eurobricks member Missing Brick for his help.

Minifigures Design by me.

Edited by Blacktron

Hey, just seen this: That black APC looks great - and the marines look badass. Very nice. All you need now is a giant black dropship!

Larry's been making some improvements to his original APC design so I may have to dust off my copy. In particular I'd like to shorten the nose a bit so it can roll on and off the dropship ramp easier without scraping the floor.

I've completed my dark blueish grey version of the APC too. I just need to take some pictures of it. It looks great when those two versions stand next to eachother on my desk. :classic:

Yes I've seen on his flickr page that Larry has made improvement on his APC and I've read some of the conversations you two had in the picture threads. It's so great knowing creative Aliens and Lego Fans like you. But I love Larrys old version so much, I'm not sure if I'm interested in changes. But I don't have a dropship, so I understand that your situation is different than mine.

I... Wow! Just WOW! Really, really, truly impressive! You really nailed the characters! The APC looks great too.

Oops, sorry I rarely stray from the star wars theme boards so didn't see that thread. Those figs look fantastic though! I love your Ripley. Absolutely brilliant.

How about the 'rescue' team of Marines from Alien3 ? You could maybe attempt the prisoners of Fiorina 161 too ?

Sorry posted in wrong thread!