Blacktron

Project: Aliens - Colonial Marines

I got some updates. My first smartgunners are almost finished.

Vasquez: (with Hicks and Hudson)

Vasquez1_zps8c1cb0da.jpg

Vasquez:

Vasquez3_zps4563c60c.jpg

Vasquez2_zps66d4cdc4.jpg

Generic Smartgunner:

Smartgunner2_zpsda3b12c8.jpg

Smartgunner1_zps342c3371.jpg

I hope you like them. Vasquez need a more fitting head and a few more details. C & C very welcome. :classic:

Awesome job on these figs, Vasquez turned out awesome with the machinegun and the hairpiece/eyepiece. :thumbup:

Vasquez has silver lips on the pic. I've found a better head for her since I took the photos. Thanks very much, CallMePie. :classic:

I did some more Smartgunners and the dropship crew. Now I need a little break from this project and will move on to something else. I hope you enjoy the pics. C & C very welcome.

Drake:

Drake1_zps306daf69.jpg

Drake2_zpscc80c614.jpg

A generic gunner with a selection of different heads:

Generic1_zps07c88fe2.jpg

Generic2_zpsa429a44a.jpg

Dropship crew Spunkmeyer and Ferro:

FerroampSpunkmeyer_zps96c768c0.jpg

Hi There,

Somewhere in here you mentioned having some extra colonial marines for sale.... I would like to buy them!!!!!! Please contact me!!!!! (ASAP- cuz it's for my son for his bday!!)

Thanks!

P.S. They are soooo awesome!

These look very good. Nice sculpting and very recognisable characters.

I'm currious, how did you make the molds. I'm a customize myself, I also make molds ects, but it seems your cats are better than mine.

You made any aliens yet? This is how I made them, quite qome time ago now, I made a more detailed update in the meantime.

, avp01.jpg

Thanks very much for your feedback, Bobskink.

I used Siliconrubber for the molds and 5-Min-Epoxy for casting. It works quite good, but it's an awful lot of work. I'm in the process right now of making 10 new marines and it almost takes a week to complete those. Biggest problem with my method are the air bubbles in the molds. I try to eliminate those as good as possible by putting the epoxy into the mold with a thin brush. Also I use small pieces of paperclips and put those into the molds to make the shoulder lamps and smartguns stronger.

I love your Alien and Predator figures. Your sculpting skills are impressive. :wub:

Which sculpting material did you use? I haven't done any aliens or predators yet, but I would love to do that down the road. I wish we could work together. It would be so great to have a Lego aliens group. We could share ideas, casted parts, sculpted pieces and building instructions for aliens vehicles. :wub:

Yes I totally agree with Blacktron. Your Alien is very nice if the both of you can work together, it would be a legendary teamwork!

Hi there Blacktron,

Just received your masterful work today, they both look great and fast shipping, thank you, you've made my day, I was also playing Alien vs Predator 3 on my PC as marine too lol what a coincidence :wub::laugh:

I did some new versions of Apone, Hicks, Hudson and Dietrich. Also a new motion tracker for them is in the works. I hope you like them. Feedback is very welcome.

Private Hudson

Hudson_zps2dcda13c.jpg

Private Dietrich

Dietrich_zps28840f18.jpg

Corporal Hicks

Hicks_zpsf22810ba.jpg

Seargent Apone

Apone_zpsb3ba909a.jpg

Which sculpting material did you use? I haven't done any aliens or predators yet, but I would love to do that down the road. I wish we could work together. It would be so great to have a Lego aliens group. We could share ideas, casted parts, sculpted pieces and building instructions for aliens vehicles. :wub:

I never red your reply, yes, we should defenaitly work togeather. I'll see if I can make a descent Alien and they you can make a mold. We're going to be ritch!!!

I use supersculpey and miliput. But the big problem is the scale. Last month I made a new Predator head, my best one so far, but it's just a little to big and it looks stupid on a Lego minifig. So I made a Minimate version instead.

I('ll drop you a PM, or you can PM me, whichever one of us is first and we should make some plans.

Bye,

Bob

Yup, the scale is really a problem. I'm working on headsets/targeting sights for the smartgunners right now. They're so flimsy, it's making me mad. Maybe my stuff is to realistic. I should ask myself more often: How would Lego Designers solve this? If I can help you with casting parts or making molds, just let me know.

@ Blacktron....

Fantastic work!! Im planning on building the APC, then the Dropship (both to scale of course)

Seeing your minifigs (smartgunner one is Wunderbar!) makes me want to start building.

Thanks for your feedback! :classic::thumbup:

Please post some links to your APC and Dropship when they're finished, Sharkyla. I'd love to see them. I really need an APC for myself, but I don't have the bricks I would need. I would build it in light or dark blueish grey, but my selection of parts in these colors is to bad.

Thanks for your feedback! :classic::thumbup:

Please post some links to your APC and Dropship when they're finished, Sharkyla. I'd love to see them. I really need an APC for myself, but I don't have the bricks I would need. I would build it in light or dark blueish grey, but my selection of parts in these colors is to bad.

Yeah im in the same boat, plus i'm considering purchasing the Super Star Destroyer - one of the few star wars models i'd consider buying. Hopefully by end of year i'll have a better plan.

I think light blueish grey would be nice, as the darker grey tends to show less detail.

Once I get some idea of making my APC (must be able to drive into the dropship) ill put em up.....

When I was a kid I watched Cameron's Aliens like once a week. :laugh:

These are absolutely fantastic Blacktron, outstanding work!!!

That's it man... Game over man! Game over! *oh2*

Edit: Bob, your Xenomorph and Predator are really impressive as well!

Edited by B34TBOXX5

It was the same with me, B37TBOXX5. There was always Aliens on my little TV screen while I was building Marines, APCs and Dropships. I think this movie inspired me more than any other - with the exception of Star Wars maybe.

I would post some pictures of the marines minifigures I build as a kid, but they are simply to bad. :blush:

Thanks very much for your feedback.

Edited by Blacktron

I received my 3 colonial marine minifigs from 'Blacktron' last week and I can confirm they look even better in the hand than they do in the pictures above. The molds and painting are excellent. The parts seem pretty tough so no worries about breaking them. I liked them so much I ordered some more. I will post some pics of my APC crew when I receive my Vasquez and Apone figs.

Highly recommended.

Thanks very much for your feedback, Missing Brick! :classic:

You should receive Vasquez and Apone very soon. I hope you will like them too. I'm so looking forward to see your APC with the figures.

I'm in the process right now of making some more prominent marines from the movie. I hope the armors and helmets will be ready by the time I receive the bricklink orders. It seems I have found a fitting head for Frost finally. I can't wait to see one of these on a Frost body.

I still need a good flamethrower for the marines. Does someone of you know a third party weapon that comes very close to this:

M240Flamethrower.jpg

Maybe I will do an experiment with the new CMF paintball gun, if I can't find anything better.

Edited by Blacktron

Well, the original movie model was built off an M16. Seems like you could take a brickarms M16, cut off the barrel and most of the body, then attach a 1x1 circular brick for the canister. I can't find anything for the barrel.