On a scale of 1 to 5  

119 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding!

I can put up a pic of my 9v vershion if any one would be keen for a look. Finish is alot better without the PF stuff in it.

Edited by Lazarus

I can put up a pic of my 9v vershion if any one would be keen for a look. Finish is alot better without the PF stuff in it.

I would like to see that. :classic:

I have two sets still sealed. Is it worth to open them? The red loco looks so nice.

Of course worth opeing it since u have 2, keep 1 and open one.

Mine is sealed too but I will build it as it will be a great value t my city plan.

To me, this is the best looking Cargo Locomotive Train made by LEGO. ..:-)

Edited by VintageLegoEra

I have two sets still sealed. Is it worth to open them? The red loco looks so nice.

Yes you should open at least one! (Hell, you should open both and build them!) This too is a great set. It is inspired by the 6400-series cargo locomotive of the Dutch railways NS. It was introduced in the late 1980s and it is still doing its job in the Netherlands... |This set is perhaps the one Lego designed that is closest to an actual real-life locomotive. Build it! Let it drive!

I love my 3677! I have a few trains (see sig) but the red diesel is one of my favs! If you have two sets, just build one, keep the other as an investment! I got real lucky to get the last set from a lego dealer last year, i have been thinking of getting another set but never did. Either way, this set beats the yellow cargo train any day of the week. Also, i've built in some custom led lighting.

Yup..this is the best Cargo train by all means...:)

BTW, there are 2 versions in terms of one comes with cardboard for manual and the other version the manual and stickers are scattered randomly in the box....

mine is the one with cardboard ( Thanks GOD )

@Jorrith, Could you show us how you added the lighting as I cannot figure that out!

I can briefly share my experience with lighting 3677 before I have to go make dinner.

It's easiest to put lights on the end that's shorter. I ordered about a dozen parts to reconstruct it to give the wires room to get through. It's not as physically sturdy now, but it doesn't really matter.

The key parts for me were two of these 1x2x1 Red Panels;

4865.gif

After I put it together using these panels I realized that it's possible to do it w/o them, but at a minimum it does involve some modification (a.k.a. Bricklink order) as it's solid bricks inside there and you gotta make a hole to run the wires through.

Anyway, hope that helps.

Joe

Edited by Hey Joe

Finally....today I build the Locomotive. Waoo...it is indeed a great build. The design is superb and the sticker goes very well with it...really enjoyed it...:-).

What noticed is: you are given both grey and red box battery. So you need to unscrew the top controler from the grey box battery and install it on the red one. This will leave you with extra box battery which is awesome.

Also the stickers are not clear so no need to worry about the finger-print...:-)

Thanks