def

The Coming Darkness - Day Two

This thread is for players only!

5907668256_ed9ceb4773_b.jpg

Once again, morning rolls into New Lower Brickton by the Sea, and the smell of sea salt tinges the air. Though the early morn was overcast, the clouds have cleared and the sun is shining. The mood of the town is one of relief.

5928462022_532418d45e_z.jpg

Good morning everyone. I trust you all slept well. The less of these Dark Ones amongst us, the better. I was... wait, we're missing two people!

Just as the Town Elder had said that, Mugg Kupp entered the room.

5928462242_f177966aee_z.jpg

Ah, Mugg, I'm so relieved to see you! For a moment there, I thought... I, why, why the long face?

Mugg showed a card to the elder. "I don't quite know how to say it sir, but... I went to meet Eskipo Land this morning to walk over here with him, and when I arrived at his house, it was in shambles, and I found this."

killcard.png

The room gasped. The Town Elder turned and shushed the room.

5927905129_9a68c07c93_z.jpg

People please, anarchy will not get us anywhere. It seems one of The Town was taken from us last night. We are not in the clear just yet. We must find Eskipo's killer!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All players now have 24 hours to place their mandatory vote. They may choose to play their witness cards, but please keep in mind:

- there are a set number of clues for each death.

- each player has only two cards to use over four days, so cooperation is imperative

- their will be a challenge today to win an Investigation Card

-because Day One ended one hour early, Bob The Construction Man will not be receiving penalty votes for not voting.

And a special hint to all players:

If you're not going to be around for the last few hours of the game day, be it for work, school, sleep, or otherwise, I strongly recommend proxying your vote to someone who will be around. It could make all the difference between winning and losing.

RULES

The game takes place in 24-hour rounds (a Day Round and a Night Round) over the course of 7 days in the quaint village of Lower Brickton by the Sea.

During the Day Rounds, excitable citizens take it into their hands to lynch one of the players.

During the Night Rounds, the town's population is preyed upon by The Dark Ones!

TEAMS

-There are two teams: The Town and The Dark Ones.

-There are an unknown number of players on each team.

-There are no special roles in either team.

-Members of The Town will not know the identities of their teammates.

-Members of The Dark Ones may or may not know the identities of their teammates.

-IMPORTANT! For The Town, this is a No-PM game. Posting in the public game thread is the only method of game-related communication allowed for members of this team (i.e. no Skype, Facebook, Twitter, or whatever.)

-For The Dark Ones, this may or may not be a No-PM game.

OBJECTIVE

-The team left with the most players at the end of the 4th Day Round will be declared the winners.

-All players win or lose with their team, so if you're killed during the game and your team wins, you're still a winner. So work together!

-If it becomes impossible for one of the teams to win, the game will end early and the other team will be declared the winners.

Note: Some non-player characters may be mentioned during the game, but these characters do not contribute to the numbers on either team.

GAME PLAY

Day Rounds

-The day round lasts 24 hours. During that time a player may vote for another player to be lynched by publicly voting in the game thread.

-At the end of the round, the player with the most votes is subjected to a brutal death at the hands of the mob.

-Votes should be stated in the public thread in bold. E.g. "I VOTE/UNVOTE [name]".

-Players may nominate any other player to be their proxy for the day, thus voting the same way as their proxy.

-In the event of a tie, the first player to achieve that number of votes will be convicted.

IMPORTANT! Failure to vote or nominate a proxy will result in a penalty of 5 lynch votes the following day!

Night Rounds

-The Night Round begins when the day ends and lasts 24 hours. During that 24 hour window, members of The Dark Ones may murder other players.

ID CARD

- Each player will receive a Character card containing a full photo of themselves.

- Players may choose to reveal this card at any time in the public thread, or not.

GAME CARDS

There are 3 types of game card in play...

WITNESS CARD

- Play this card to receive a clue about a crime.

- Each player will receive 2 Witness cards.

- To play a Witness card, post it in the public thread and nominate the crime you want the clue about.

- The clue will be sent by PM to the player who played the card.

- If more than one player witnesses the same crime, they may receive further clues. If the same clue is received by more than one player, that signifies there are no further clues to be revealed about that crime.

- Witness cards may only be played during Day, up to any length of time after the crime occurred.

INVESTIGATION CARD

- Play this card to identify which team another player is on.

- Players can win Investigation cards by solving challenges (more on this below).

- To play an Investigation card, post it in the public thread and nominate the player under investigation. Players may not investigate themselves.

- The result of the investigation will be sent by PM to the player who played the card.

- Investigation cards may only be played during the Day, and do not have to be played on the same day they are won.

KILL CARD

- Play this card to murder another player.

- Each of The Dark Ones will receive 1 Kill card.

- To play a Kill card, send it to me in a PM along with the name of the victim.

- Murder cards may played during Day or Night, but will only take effect during the Night Round.

Cards are not transferable.

Use of forged or altered cards is not allowed.

CHALLENGES

-During the course of the game, at different times of day, at least three challenges will be presented in the public thread.

-If you solve a challenge, send the answer to me by PM.

-Each player may only submit one answer for each challenge (no second chances or revisions!)

-The first player to send me the correct answer will win an Investigation card.

-If no fully correct answer is received within the challenge's allotted time, the player whose answer I deem closest to the solution will win the Investigation card.

-The winner of the challenge will be announced in the public thread.

Finally...

Note to The Town: Although the odds may seem stacked against you, the game is really yours to lose. A considered assessment of the clues is the key to your success.

Have fun!

Damn, if the guards can't even guard themselves...then I'll have to poke those Dark Ones in the eye with my oh-so-pointy stick. :devil_laugh:

In all seriousness, I think it's someone else's turn to get some answers too.

witnesscard.png dedicated to finding out who killed/captured Eskipo.

This is an outrage! An offence against the guards! There`s more than one killer here! I am tempted to lock you all up, for your own safety.

ScottyPie, I am suspicious of your chameleon cloak, but I am tending to the view it was a red herring. I trust you will share your clue with the town as soon as you get it.

It appears our killer is a woman. So that narrows it down to:

5907888674_d4f8228c35_m.jpg Womanikin Skywalker - Housewife/Wife of Mugg Kupp (Badboytje88)

5907888410_dc84338ce8_m.jpg Donena Buena - Jeweler (Donut)

5907888304_3ab05fa105_m.jpg Professor Flutwuck - University Professor/Wife of Eskipo Land (Professor Flitwick)

5907888754_663c52784e_m.jpg Bananakin Skywalker - Town bicycle (Brickdoctor)

5907888352_e6626a80f0_m.jpg Mrs. Le Goninja - Pub owner/Wife of Ram Strut (Mrlegoninja)

5907887842_219d94437b_m.jpg Roweena Karnata - Town guard general (Roncanator)

5907331955_6a63b7b421_m.jpg Mistress Kupp - Hostess (Jedi Master Brick)

Personally I'm rather suspicious of Roweena. She proxied her vote to Bananakin with little to no reason. Bananakin, however, led us to the lynch of Carly, so this is irrelevant.

A note of my own, I'd like to urge others to use their witness cards as well, I'd like 2-5 to be used, for a good result. Remember, we have 2 each to spread over the 4 days.

I would like to investigate the murder of Eskipo Land.

witnesscard.png

My apologies for using a confusing word. I want learn more about the murder of Eskipo by receiving a clue. Thank you!

Just what we needed - a mysterious killer taking out one of our protectors. I agree with Scotty, the cards need to be used if we're to track down the killer (or killers).

witnesscard.png

I'd like to play a Witness Card to find out more about the killing of Eskipo Land.

Lots of witness cards! I guess I'll hold onto mine until I hear the clues!

Who would kill a guard? I know its a woman, but I absolutely did not do it. I think we should wait until the clues are said.

I got my clue. It's a repeat of one of Yesterday's, The person fleeing the crime definitely was not wearing a wedding ring.

Combined with Scotty's clue, (which, of course, assumes he's telling the truth) we have:

5907887842_219d94437b_m.jpg Roweena Karnata - Town guard general (Roncanator)

I, of course, know I'm not the killer, though that decision is one that you have to make for yourself. For now, I believe Mistress Kupp is an innocent Townie who doesn't understand our situation.

Does everyone have two witness cards? Or only members of the town? I would assume everyone but just for clarification.

Does everyone have two witness cards? Or only members of the town? I would assume everyone but just for clarification.

God's Guidelines for Survival say everyone starts with 2.

Hmmm. Donena, your clue should help finish off this murderer, with only 4 remaining.

Wow! I know I can trust Bananakin. I am very suspicious of Roweena. She jumped out of nowhere to join the bandwagon and then left with no real reason. I trust Donena, although I don't have any idea about Mistress Kupp...

God's Guidelines for Survival say everyone starts with 2.

Yup, god says everyone has 'em. Besides, they can't be Town-exclusive, since Carly played one Yesterday. Otherwise working out of this situation would be too simple - we could just demand that a suspect play a Witness card.

So I've learned that the killer leaving the crime scene definitely had hair. So that eliminates all the ladies who are wearing some sort of head gear. Unfortunately that also leaves me in the mix. :sing:

5907888674_d4f8228c35_m.jpg Womanikin Skywalker - Housewife/Wife of Mugg Kupp (Badboytje88)

5907888352_e6626a80f0_m.jpg Mrs. Le Goninja - Pub owner/Wife of Ram Strut (Mrlegoninja)

So I've learned that the killer leaving the crime scene definitely had hair. So that eliminates all the ladies who are wearing some sort of head gear. Unfortunately that also leaves me in the mix. :sing:

Well, that eliminates the current top suspect, Roweena. Combined with the previous two clues, (assuming no one lied), we have:

Again, I obviously know I can trust myself, so for me this list is down to two.

Just

Donena

Bananakin

Mistress Kupp

Okay so obviously one of them has done it. Bananakin seems to be working for the town. I think it's most likely Donena. I personally think Kupp has no idea whats going on, and may just be hiding under her beadsheets now :tongue: . Any thoughts?

Again, I obviously know I can trust myself, so for me this list is down to two.

I trust myself as well, so I suppose the woman in question is Mistress Kupp.

I think it's most likely Donena.

I can't believe you're pointing fingers at me. I sacrificed everything (all my cards) to bring you this valuable information and yet you think I am guilty?

Here's the thing, Donena could have lied about the clue, having somebody else killed instead. Personally, I think it's Kupp. She was going a little crazy on the first day, but then seemed to be perfect afterward. I think she may be a puppet to one of her fellow Dark Ones. If not, well, she's managed to keep her head down after her screw-up.

And, well, Kupp is harier than you think...

So, for me, I vote: Mistress Kupp/Jedi master brick. I do, however, will admit this is a tentative vote, so if anybody has some good evidence, come out with it, since I'm still a little on the edge.

I can't believe you're pointing fingers at me. I sacrificed everything (all my cards) to bring you this valuable information and yet you think I am guilty?

If we think back to Yesterday, you and Carly were the first to come out and use cards. We know Carly was one of the Dark Ones. I'm not accusing you, but I do want to point out that giving up cards doesn't prove loyalty to the Town.

On the other hand, there's Mistress Kupp, who I'm still suspicious of. As I said before she appears to be a loyal Townie who doesn't know what she's doing. But that could just be what she wants us to think. I've dealt with a similar situation before, and I know that Mistress Kupp is probably either a very smart scum or a very dumb Townie (nothing against her if she isn't scum), and we don't really need either, especially not in a situation where we have no special roles exceptionally talented people. The question is, if there is another suspect, do we risk lynching Mistress Kupp instead? An Investigation Card, could, of course, clear this all up.

Including the card you used to kill Eskipo? :tongue: I tease, (yet with some strain of seriousness as this is no laughing matter) I think I have just heard some good info from Scotty Pie, Kupp did seem dis-orientated at first then all clear in her efforts. I think that could prove that she had some help from another dark one and was used to take the kill tonight to keep the masterminds going. I dunno for sure with these delicate affairs, but in all seriousness we can't just rule you out because you've used up all your cards, that would be stupid :sceptic: I'm pressed to see if more information will come to light, perhaps a challenge is coming around the corner that will yield some investigation cards to go around.

If we think back to Yesterday, you and Carly were the first to come out and use cards. We know Carly was one of the Dark Ones. I'm not accusing you, but I do want to point out that giving up cards doesn't prove loyalty to the Town.

Point taken. I was very surprised to find her real identity as even during the final hour I was very reluctant to vote against her.

I dunno for sure with these delicate affairs, but in all seriousness we can't just rule you out because you've used up all your cards, that would be stupid :sceptic: I'm pressed to see if more information will come to light, perhaps a challenge is coming around the corner that will yield some investigation cards to go around.

Sure, by all means investigate me. I have nothing to hide. My loyalties are to the town from day 1.

Comrades, while this morning brings sadness we can not afford to grieve. We must unite and crush the Dark Ones to avenge our friends, for that I think we need all of the clues we can get.

I would like to investigate the murder of Eskipo land:

witnesscard.png

Ah, well it seems that I've gotten a duplicate clue. If neither of our other clues have been tampered with I assume that we are left with three prime suspects. I hope that we can gain an investigation card to narrow it down further.

Personally though I think that Mistress Kupp may have been drinking to much prior to our past conversations, but I leave the rest of you to come to your conclusions regarding her actions.

For now I shall think back to yesterday, and await further developments before placing a vote.

Last night, a woman was seen fleeing the scene of the crime

Ah, well it seems that I've gotten a duplicate clue. If neither of our other clues have been tampered with I assume that we are left with three prime suspects. I hope that we can gain an investigation card to narrow it down further.

I agree, the only way we can really sort out any of this is with an investigation card. If not, I am leaning towards Doneena, but I think it's too early to really judge. I'd like to hear what Mistress Kupp has to say before I speculate much more.

I think it would be best for the town, if the three suspects don't participate in the upcoming challenge. That way we're more likely to get a none biased opinion :wink: .