Hello, was kind of noob, and I have just read all 56 pages, so I am not a noob that much anymore. :D I would like to order the unimog right now, and I would like to make it fully RC. I don't have any engines and so...

My first question is if there is engine for PTO and air system included, or if I need to order 3 engines.

Second question - I already know that I need minimum one XL engine for driving, but what is better for steering? New servo-engine or just normal M size engine? And what type of controller I should buy?

third - is there any reason of having two air pumps if I would like to have air tank? (because I would like to have more attachments in future not just original "hand" for example grass mowers in front etc...

fifth - I saw somewhere that one guy had both PTO turned on in one time. Is there that possibility by stock? Because I would like to have snow blower in front and "stone or salt thrower" (I have no idea how to call it in english) in back...

Thank you, I will buy and build it as soon as possible.

Sorry for my english.

Matej

Welcome Gargi to EB...

Yes, this thread is quiet long...

In the original set is one M-moter included, it runs the front end rear pto and operates the the pneumatic pump.

I personally prefer the new servo motor for steering.

In my Unimog I installed a second pump and an air tank. It's great.

What's fourth?

Didn't see this one, but with Lego nearly everything is possible.

Have fun!!!

Pat

Hi folks,

today I finished my new spreader... And it's functional... I tried making a little clip...

Special thanks go to Cypr-21 and stefan_betula_pendula for their inspirations.

Hope you like it...

Pat

Nice work on the spreader. Now you have to build a sweeper attachment to clean up the mess. :laugh:

Hi folks,

today I finished my new spreader... And it's functional... I tried making a little clip...

Special thanks go to Cypr-21 and stefan_betula_pendula for their inspirations.

Hope you like it...

https://dl.dropbox.c...og_spreader.MOV

Pat

I like this alot! are you going to make instructions?

Thanks again...

Yes, a sweeper - have to think about it... :wink:

No, I haven't git instructions, but a LDD :sweet:

Pat

Yes, the call center agent said so. Lucky man!!!

maybe the one how sold you was now suspended for selling you those panels :laugh:

Hi there, Im new to the site and after a gap of far too long I have recently bought Lego kits 8110 and 42004. Firstly Id like to say what an amazing collection of modified 'Mogs there are here, I spent several hours just going through this post and am awestruck, well done guys! As I said this is the first kit I have bought in a long time (unfortunately my Lego collection was "donated" to my cousin years ago so Im starting again from scratch.) I was genuinely surprised at how technical kits are now, but after 11 hours of perseverance I finally ended up with my finished 'Mog and am highly impressed. Unless I have missed one and I apologise if I have but Ive not noticed anyone having converting the grab arm to a back hoe, I think with my limited parts collection this should be an easy first mod, I will try to get some pics up as soon as possible. Keep up the good work guys, you are an inspiration!

Edited by Bombprooffrog

Has anyone made the cabin tilt by pneumatics?

Also that's a nice red unimog!

I have see the other thread about the 8110, there is a picture showing where I have placed two cylinder. But of note is that they can't lift the cabin if the batteri box is suspended under the roof. So I need to check if using lesser friction at rotation point could make it workable, because if I help it raise the firste 1cm then the cylinders can raise it all the way up.

Edited by jacobkristensen

I bought the Unimog on Monday and so far have built the chassis. Loving the build so far, although I have to admit lining up some of the axles as you assembled was a pain.

One question I have is what route should the power cable connection between the motor and batteries take ? It wasn't clear in the instructions. It looked like they showed it just going externally under the chassis and then back inside where the batteries go. But on my model this means the cable is hanging down slack. i think a slight mod with a couple of pins and the thin half width beams might be my route for holding the cable up.

I have my cable underneath the chassis,just try to keep it away from any moving parts. :grin:

I ended up rerouting the cable around the grey axle outboard of the motor and then back under the chassis and this has taken most of the slack off.

I've now built the Cab and Bed, but I don't think I'll build the Lift Arm

I'm thinking of a Plough at the front but that means buying some more plates !

I've finally gone and built my version of the Unimog front axle assembly in LDD and made instructions and took pictures.

click to download the zip (7.7mb)

Props to nicjasno.

Edited by rchan016

Wow... May I ask how much you paid for those panels? Where did you get them from?

Pat

half of that was bought in BL for around $3.80 each

The other half in S@H, my order managed to get through the cracks...Cost around $2.50 each