Yes, a real nice trailer indeed! Unfortunately those cylinder brackets are really rare... and quite expensive, too! :hmpf_bad:

Maybe I'll try a large LA and an extra motor an batterypack in the trailer... Let's see...

At the moment I design a new "attachment" for my Mog, which needs a trailer, too. But this one is smaller than yours.

Pat

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

Unfortunately those cylinder brackets are really rare... and quite expensive, too! :hmpf_bad:

I got these cylinder brackets from a used 8275 I bought on ebay. Together with all those PF elements it was quite a good deal.

As requested I made some pictures of the trailer attached to the Unimog. My Unimog is disassembled at the moment because of the never ending modifying process... Therefore I only can show you LDD pictures where the Unimog is almost finished. I also ordered 60 of 30294c01 from BL so the trailer is almost fully loaded... :laugh:

saigndt5yaz7.jpg

1s4nblxlaybo.jpg

93f1gs1mx7a.jpg

n2s9m1q1mk5.jpg

nsawoaf4a8cq.jpg

Stefan

Edited by stefan_betula_pendula

Yes, a real nice trailer indeed! Unfortunately those cylinder brackets are really rare... and quite expensive, too! :hmpf_bad:

Pat

There´s no need for the brackets. Try this.

doublecylinder.jpg

Tim

Thanks Tim for this tip. Is there a way to connect the standard cylinders (BL Part 47224c01)?

Thanks Tim for this tip. Is there a way to connect the standard cylinders (BL Part 47224c01)?

Yes there is: Pneumatic Cylinder Bracket :laugh:

53178.gif?0

I have four sets of them,I thought thay would be good for crane legs.:look:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Thanks Alasdair :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

yes, I know this part, but it's rae and very expensive, as I mentioned above :wink:

Pat

Thanks brathendl!

Well, I never thought about that but these regulations in your link are quite interesting stuff. I missed to mark the rear of the trailer and the warning marks at the side also don't fit the so called " Normflächen". Maybe I have to buy some more sets of 8110 to get enough stickers... :laugh: I'm glad I did it right at the rear of the Unimog.

Edit: If I change the rear technic panels the trailer should be marked correctly.

BTW: Fantatstic idea to apply two gears! The low geared drive train is ideal when using attachments. :thumbup:

Thanks brathendl!

Well, I never thought about that but these regulations in your link are quite interesting stuff. I missed to mark the rear of the trailer and the warning marks at the side also don't fit the so called " Normflächen". Maybe I have to buy some more sets of 8110 to get enough stickers... :laugh: I'm glad I did it right at the rear of the Unimog.

Edit: If I change the rear technic panels the trailer should be marked correctly.

BTW: Fantatstic idea to apply two gears! The low geared drive train is ideal when using attachments. :thumbup:

Remark: i got my 8110 - Stickers last week from bricklink :wink:

Edited by brathendel

I will do this during the next weeks when I have some time to spend on lego. But would be interesting to know if someone already did it. It seems to me that you don't have to gear down the steering in comparison using a M motor because of the limited movement of 90 degrees in each direction. But I'm not sure, I'm still waiting for the 9398.

Hi there,

I combined - again - the ideas of some guys out there. The frontloader of Tim S. and the quick coupler of _techniclego55_. Thanks again of these nice parts...

U20_Frontlader_01.JPG

U20_Frontlader_02.JPG

So far

Pat

Idk if my post is appropriate for this thread, but the description does say 'improvements'. If not please remove my post.

Anyway seeing all these wonderful high cost MOCs, I'd like give a simple,quick and cheap improvements without breaking the bank or having your wife screaming on top of her lungs becoz you just screwed up the your housing loan :laugh: :laugh: after all not everyone has a liberty of deep financing their Lego projects..well at least not right after you forged out substantial amount of cash to purchase this beast. Crappy Indonesian import taxes means the 8110s are sold well in excess of 200 euros!

Main focus: utilise mostly stock available parts, increase the working range of the original grappler crane. I'm always having trouble having to drop even a small load in the rear portion of the truck bed as the main boom can't be lifted high enough.

My solution:

IMG-20120906-01613.jpg

I reposition the pneumatic actuator like so. To do this you need to place the bent 7-3 liftarm outside the main assembly. The shaft is attached 1 stud closer to the rotation point of the main boom, therefore increasing rotational range, but also increasing leverage so you lose some weight lifting capability. Doesn't mater to me since my heaviest load is merely 20 grams of my daughter's Duplo bricks :laugh: I also tinkered a bit with the linkage on grappler boom to get better retraction capability.

IMG-20120906-01619.jpg

IMG-20120906-01617.jpg

Results speaks for themselves. I can touch the ground or lift the main boom almost vertically and easily drop decent sized load on the rear part of the bed.

IMG-20120906-01615.jpg

IMG-20120906-01616.jpg

IMG-20120906-01618.jpg

The only extra parts needed were 2x 6L axles and 2L..well alright you got me..and the expensive black wheels and sprockets for looks only! :laugh:

Other than better range, I see the actuator hoses on the main boom has much clearance without being 'pinched' against the bent liftarm as in the original design, therefore smoother and more controllable boom movement. Sorry for blurry pics, I took these with my phone..I want to depict the Mog in its natural environment, my backyard... :laugh:

My Unimog with a scissor lift attachment:

I modified the cab to look more like the real thing, I'll have to make some pictures.

Also, I added 10L black axles to the pneumatic switches of the crane to make them longer and easier to control.

Here my first try of a u4000 cabine.

Do you have any suggestions for improvement?

u40001.jpg

u40002.jpg

u40003.jpg

u40004.jpg

to compare:

moc24.jpg

And another thing. To make the tandem axles more flexible I'm building a new one.

What do you think about this design?

ra1.jpg

ra2.jpg

ra3.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Tim

Hi guys and gals! Im Gareth from London and new to these forums. I used to have lots of lego when I was younger, but have recently been getting back into it, having bought the flat bed truck, the mobile crane (8053) and the logging truck within the last 18 months ;)

I have just bought the Unimog for my birthday and I have been looking at some of the posts previously about adding pneumatics to the stabilisers.

I do have a question for those that have done it already and well, whats better...one ram or two, and at the bottom pushing sideways and down or placed vertically either side of the crane pushing down?

Regards

Gareth