Link isn't working,can u post up a pic?

It's hosted on Google Documents, there is a button to download the file (on top right).

Ha thanks blaz,ur mod is very good,but u should try the m motor for steering with a clutch gear as it works better than the xl,there's a LDD file a few pages back on this tread and it has instructions :)

Yeah I've seen.

I have created a steering wheel that is simple to operate

As I've mentioned, I did not have m engine. :classic:

Edited by blaz62

It's asking to sign in! Do I need to register with google docs first?

No, but if you have a google account, try to be logged in and download it.

I tried to download it by being disconected from my google account and it works.

Ha thanks blaz,ur mod is very good,but u should try the m motor for steering with a clutch gear as it works better than the xl,there's a LDD file a few pages back on this tread and it has instructions :)

Yesterday I tried out the M-motor solution for steering and I have to say that at first I wasn't entirely happy with the results because "thanks" to the clutch-gear the wheels didn't turn as much as they could. Please note that my Unimog has snow plough and crane attached and the plough applies great amount of force to the front wheels. Due to the above-mentioned, the wheels didn't turn almost at all or they turned badly.

So I decided to implement some modifications and to see whether the steering improves if I remove the plough. After the removal of plough the wheels turned better but it wasn't a solution for me as I wanted to keep the plough attached. So I decided to remove yellow knob wheels and replace them with 12-20 gears. After that modification I have to say that steering improved quite a lot but it isn’t as good as it might be.

My conclusion is that XL-motor version gives you a maximum performance/turning radius but without clutch-gear the gears will slip and it’s not good for your lego parts.

The M-motor version with clutch-gear guarantees that you don’t break your parts but the turning range isn’t as good as with the XL-motor.

Edited by AndoS

Yesterday I tried out the M-motor solution for steering and I have to say that at first I wasn't entirely happy with the results because "thanks" to the clutch-gear the wheels didn't turn as much as they could. Please note that my Unimog has snow plough and crane attached and the plough applies great amount of force to the front wheels. Due to the above-mentioned, the wheels didn't turn almost at all or they turned badly.

So I decided to implement some modifications and to see whether the steering improves if I remove the plough. After the removal of plough the wheels turned better but it wasn't a solution for me as I wanted to keep the plough attached. So I decided to remove yellow knob wheels and replace them with 12-20 gears. After that modification I have to say that steering improved quite a lot but it isn’t as good as it might be.

My conclusion is that XL-motor version gives you a maximum performance/turning radius but without clutch-gear the gears will slip and it’s not good for your lego parts.

The M-motor version with clutch-gear guarantees that you don’t break your parts but the turning range isn’t as good as with the XL-motor.

Is this whilst the Mog is moving or standing still?

Is this whilst the Mog is moving or standing still?

Turning wheels while standing still is almost impossible and depends on heavily the surface type.

Turning wheels while standing still is almost impossible and depends on heavily the surface type.

I'm not sure whats up with urs because mine works 100% and even turns while standing still,did u replace the red friction pins and remove the 3/4 pins for more lock and smoother steering?

XL motor is a waste of time as it's eating gears and u have no control over it ether.

Edited by davidmull

Here's Cypr-21's spreader on LDD! Can anyone finish this one off please?

unimogspreader.png

Thank you for modeled, it renders a service to those wishing a parts list.

I do not think there are any illegal builds to set front and rear panels.

Parts come from these 3 set: Hauler 8264, Hero-Factory Dropship 7160, and Mini excavator 8047.

edit : I edited the file to correct, now the spreader is complete.

Anyways, it needs 52 elements of small caterpillars, I haven't found in LDD.

LDD file

Edited by Cypr-21

Thank you for modeled, it renders a service to those wishing a parts list.

I do not think there are any illegal builds to set front and rear panels.

Parts come from these 3 set: Hauler 8264, Hero-Factory Dropship 7160, and Mini excavator 8047.

edit : I edited the file to correct, now the spreader is complete.

Anyways, it needs 52 elements of small caterpillars, I haven't found in LDD.

LDD file

Thanks for finishing the model!

I hope you will take care of the front-mudguards as well. Now they look kind of weird when built with connectors instead of liftarms

i hope i have found a solution which looks good in your eyes

6134141400_40be26d2a2.jpg

6133595495_b2df1cecc6.jpg

you must see this

Unfortunately there are no instructions :cry_sad:

Until I saw the two mogs side by side I actually thought it was the offical mog with some heavy mods. I wounder if he built it before the offical mog was released.

Thanks for finishing the model!

Is it just me or why is these building instructions confusing or is all ldd like this,the building technique is very strange to follow in ldd and also why is it asking to build the unimogs rear bed when we already have it built?

where in ldd do i find parts list and it does not give part amounts in the instructions or even axle lengths?

Sorry for all questions but i am new to this LDD stuff lol

@ davidmull: Using Lego Digital Designer (LDD) for TECHNIC models is a bit awkward. Zblj has mastered the art of modeling Technic MOCs using LDD the best; he uses "Groups" of individual Technic modules to keep things organized. With larger Technic models, LDD sometimes adds parts in an "illogical" order. Parts often fly into the LDD baseplate in a way that differs from the order in which the modeler added them.

To get a Parts List of an LDD model, use LDD Manager.

:thumbup:

Much better!

thanks, now iam relieved. i have searched a long time for the best looking solution.

whats your opinion about my backlights?

6136947813_9eb3807fa9.jpg

btw the room between the axles will be filled next

thanks, now iam relieved. i have searched a long time for the best looking solution.

whats your opinion about my backlights?

6136947813_9eb3807fa9.jpg

btw the room between the axles will be filled next

Very nice and I like the lights,

Has anyone tried the snow blower yet!