Sign in to follow this  
The Lego Wizard

Port Royale Invasion

Picture%25252066.jpg

Picture%25252065.jpg

Picture%25252064.jpg

Picture%25252059.jpg

Picture%25252063.jpg

Hello brickers of earth and space!For the potc contest i made the invasion of port royale from curse of the black pearl. Up front an center two pirates make off with elizibith. A cursed pirat trys to strangle jack after he got taunted by him while mortogg sneaks up from behind. In the jail jacks compass points to the black pearl. In the blacksmith shop there is a hammer an axe a spear an oven and ore in a bucket.mullroy guards the gun port while will uslessly Howells in anger as elizibith is kidnapped. thanks for viewing bye!

If this is for the MOC'ing portion of the contest, it needs to be in the MOC forum.

Do you want it moved there, or did you intend it to be in the regular pirates forum?

This belongs in the MOC forum. I'll move it and edit your topic title.

In the future, please try to follow the rules of posting your entry. :pir-classic:

First, try to take better photos, or at least do something with the colours, using some graphic program, for example GIMP - it's free, and may be downloaded easily. Plus, using it is really simple. Please don't sulk, but I don't really like your entry - parts of your wall are either a mess or a boring gray wall. Frankly, the only think I like, is back side of your MOC, which is unfortunately shown only on 3 small photos. I can't wait to I see some bigger pictures.

Anyway, good luck, and remember - the more you build, the better builder you become!

Edited by Toltomeja

First, try to take better photos, or at least do something with the colours, using some graphic program, for example GIMP - it's free, and may be downloaded easily. Plus, using it is really simple. Please don't sulk, but I don't really like your entry - parts of your wall are either a mess or a boring specimen of "Bir Gray Wall" syndrome. Frankly, the only think I may like, is back side of your MOC, which is unfortunately shown only on 128x96px photo. I can't judge it until I see some bigger pictures.

Anyway, good luck, and remember - the more you build, the better builder you become!

As of lately, there seems to be a decrease in gentleness around here :pir-sceptic:

While I basically agree on some parts of Toltomeja's critique, I do like the MOC, actually. First of all, I like the idea of using this scene as it is very original. Secondly, you have created a good representation of the action going on with a very simple style - I like this! Is the minifig-torso with the golden helmet on the left hand-side supposed to be a bell?

I definetly would like to see better pictures of this, even though the contest is closed - maybe you would like to post more pictures on Flickr or alike?

I didn't want to sound rude - I'm really sorry if someone felt offended. I simply found it hard to write it in English in delicate and masterly way not to insult anyone, but to advice for future what may be done better.

I hope my feedback wasn't misunderstood and sorry again! :pir-look:

Great idea for an entry, the picture quality makes it look less than it actually is I think but overall it does look like it could use some improvement. I like jacks prison and the undead pirates saying "you know nothing of hell"

Good luck.

Nice entry, The Lego Wizard. I like the idea and the build reminds me of some older Castle sets, which is certainly a positive point. It looks very much like a LEGO set with the play feature of the canon and that simple prison. In the future, try to take your pictures in a well lit place (outside when it's sunny or have a couple of lamps pointing towards your MOC) and try to have a one-coloured background. Also, your pictures can be as big as 800x600 pixels, so those first couple of photos can be bigger and should be, as it's hard too see what's going on (luckily, I can zoom in with the internet browser so I had a better look). Good luck! :pir-sweet: