Sign in to follow this  
Wardancer

Wood Elf Assassin

To many, the mere idea of a wood elf assassin seems absurd, even obscene, in regard to the high standards of elven ethics. However, for some... delicate matters, a secret group of assassins has been founded. These silent, swift warriors answer directly to the queen and to her only.

5918579359_3d2c37973d_b.jpg

Assassin von MWardancer auf Flickr

A better look from above: (please excuse the picture quality, my digicam is broken so I have to use my cellphone)

5918579615_219f4e495b_b.jpg

Assassin von MWardancer auf Flickr

As I am building a wood elf army, I was experimenting on giving the regular elf some variation. The easy step was to give the standard elf black arms, a black cape under the dark green one and reddish brown hands as gloves.

The hood and the shield needed to be painted because they do not come in dark green which of course sucks.

I applied Warhammer decals to the hood and shield.

Since this is my first custom fig ever, I made about every mistake in the book. Painting is a pain in the behind for me, and so is using waterslide decals. The fig has many small painting irregularities, which I seem to be unable to avoid. The decal on the hood represents the sign of the secret wood elf order to which assassins belong. The decals on the shield are rather dark, which I preferred to match the darker look of the guy in general.

One additional feature is the stealth mode: It makes the assassin virtually invisible for the observers eye. Applying secret techniques I do not dare to utter publicly, the assassin seems to transform into a bush. See yourself:

5918579821_278b0b7a2f_m.jpg

Assassin in Stealth Mode von MWardancer auf Flickr

The illusion is perfect.

For a first custom fig, I must say you really did a great job on this one Wardancer! I'm really impressed with the custom-printed hood and shield, and the idea of this Elf Assassin is quite and unique and bold. Very well done! :thumbup:

Thanks everyone. I hope to be able to show more wood elf mocs and customs soon, I am working on something I call the Chain of Summoning.

Anyone else focussing on elves at the moment?