Sign in to follow this  
pikafunk

REVIEW: 2507 Ninjago FIRE TEMPLE

Nice review, thanks. I never really paid much attention to this line but I do like this set. If I could land it on sale I would definitely pick it up. I thought they all had something to do with those spinner things so thanks for clearing that up.

(I know it is a bump but I have a set specific question) ;)

Hi,

the temple of my kids doesn't seem to slide as smooth as it did in the past. Rebuilding the gliding part a new or attaching new elastic string to get it runnin' again?

(I know it is a bump but I have a set specific question) ;)

Hi,

the temple of my kids doesn't seem to slide as smooth as it did in the past. Rebuilding the gliding part a new or attaching new elastic string to get it runnin' again?

I think new rubber bands might help it significantly. The Fire Temple is a beautiful set, but unfortunately the way it is designed, the rubber bands that control the function are always in "stretched" position except when the temple is open. If you do end up replacing the rubber bands (especially if you replace them with other official TLG rubber bands), it might also be a good idea to pull them loose from the center axles when your kids are not playing with the temple. This disables the function and doesn't stretch the rubber bands out nearly as much. They can be stretched back around these center axles when your kids want to play with the temple's function.

To illustrate, here is what the temple's rubber bands should look like from underneath when built according to the instructions: [> <]

Here is what you want them to look like to prevent overstretching when the temple is not in use: [] []

I hope this helps!

MASSIVE review! Very informative, I'm not sure if there can be possibly any questions left open about this set now.

Nice review, have you joined the Reviewer's Academy yet??? I don't have this set, but I am thinking about getting it. The dragon is very cool, the minifigs (my favorite part of almost EVERY set) have some great design, and the temple looks so accurately Japanese. TLG did a good job on this one.

My favorite Ninjago ninja is Jay, I think his DX minifigure/form is pretty nice. I like the Lightning Dragon better than the Fire one :wink:

Edited by Lightning Dragon

Looks like quite an interesting set, especially the dragon and minifigures. Superb review. :sweet:

Very good review, thank you. I also found problems with stability and have had to repair the main building several times. Overall though, of all the sets that I have bought recently, this is one of my favourites. I especially love the colour combinations in the dragon.

Nice review. I'm not a fan of Ninjago buildings. They look unfinished. Love the dragons and vehicles though.

Personally, I think that the Fire Temple looks remarkably "finished" as a building, as did Garmadon's Dark Fortress. What Ninjago buildings are is small and (usually) pretty empty. The interior of the Fire Temple has some nice details on the first floor, but no second floor except the balcony-- and the balcony is too small to be used for much except for parkour-style fight scenes. Still, it's a beautiful setting that uses some rather advanced building techniques.

Personally, I think that the Fire Temple looks remarkably "finished" as a building, as did Garmadon's Dark Fortress. What Ninjago buildings are is small and (usually) pretty empty. The interior of the Fire Temple has some nice details on the first floor, but no second floor except the balcony-- and the balcony is too small to be used for much except for parkour-style fight scenes. Still, it's a beautiful setting that uses some rather advanced building techniques.

Id like to get the dragon cuase i collect fire Vehicles :cry_sad: But I dont want to pay $120 :hmpf: